Kovalev's chin is weak.

Djz9KRlXsAU-PXm.jpg

Score cards. I gave Alvarez round 1 2 and 3. 3 was pretty close. 4 5 and 6 kovalev. 5 was close I guess but I'm surprised with that.

Also the remath clause has 60 days to use it and the rematch is to be made within a few months so it will be a fairly quick rematch if it happens. ( I mean will happen fairly soon not quick fight) Kovalev can't take an interim fight. (for the contracts sake)

Last edited:
No need for a rematch. It's not like it was a close fight. Scorecards should not even be brought into conversation when there's a 7th round KO.

Kovalev had to work so hard to be up in that fight and 5-1 will always seem like an unfair card to me.

Like clockwork.

The same thing will be said about the Canelo-GGG loser next month. Prepare for it.

you might be right, but i expect it to happen only if (when) golovkin loses.

canelo's following is strong enough that they'll shout over all fair weather fans. but when golovkin loses, he will definitely be called a bum who never beat anyone. it's a shame, but at least the hardcores know how good he was.

It's not his chin, it's his cardio. Kovalev was strong for 5 rounds, and then started to fade. The same thing happened in the 2nd Ward fight. When you start gassing, your punch resistance decreases.

If I may be so bold, I feel that Kovalev is not hungry anymore, he is entitled. He cuts corners on the expectation of plenty, but what made him a legit danger and excellent fighter was his burning desire to "krush." Now he just wants the belts back.
Yep... finally saw the fight, and Kov looked soft going in.

None the less, Alvarez walked through fire and discombobulated Sergey, and now maybe that Stevenson bitch will finally fight him.

It's not his chin, it's his cardio. Kovalev was strong for 5 rounds, and then started to fade. The same thing happened in the 2nd Ward fight. When you start gassing, your punch resistance decreases.
That KO had NOTHING to do with his gas tank. Alvarez landed a sweet punch on the temple, and Kovalev was target practice from that point on.

His hands are too long, and he panics. He doesnt know how to compose himself to hang on and just survive. The first knockdown he got up so quick for his ego.

alvarez had longer reach than kovalev but he knew how to shorten his punches.

getting cracked by darnell boone isn't any indication of a bad chin. Dudes a club fighter but he hit likea mack truck when he landed. He also cracked Andre Ward and Adonis Stevenson.

Kovalevs getting up there in years got tired and ate a buncha flush shots. Does he have a weak chin? prolly not. Is he done being the man? probably so.

Last edited:
Thats a solid assessment. When its going Kova’s way he doesnt seem to have a problem with his tank.
This is everyone though. Being calm and comfortable goes a long way for endurance.

I don't think he has an innately weak chin or bad defense. But I also don't think he was ever the monster people wanted him to be. He's a very specific kind of fighter. A dominant outside boxer with a sledgehammer right hand, a ball-peen hammer jab and vicious, sometimes flying combinations that force openings for almost unstoppable destruction. I think he's also an arrogant bully who deluded himself into thinking he was invulnerable in a clean firefight, when he clearly wasn't LaMotta-chinned or anything like that. His stamina? Hey, that can make you more vulnerable and I'm not sure what's inherent and what's bad training from a delusional guy that doesn't think he needs to peak in training or what. It's hard telling without being a fly on any walls. But it's a valid suspicion.

...Does this site ever actually stop asking if you're sure you want to like a post before accepting it?

Thats a solid assessment. When its going Kova’s way he doesnt seem to have a problem with his tank.

This, I don’t think he has a conditioning problem at all against pascal he had to work and he was just fine, when his power doesn’t seem to be doing the damage he expects he folds it’s that simple. I’m happy for a fellow Colombian winning specially in the higher weights

Back