Kovalev was DECORATED for UNIFYING w/ 49 Year Old Hopkins, but LDBC Crying about 42-TBE vs Canelo 2

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it. All these Youtube channels are creating the narrative that a rematch against Floyd at 42 years of age against Canelo would be unfair...

45 Year Old Big George Foreman beat UNDEFEATED 35-0 with 30 KOs to a 28 year old Michael Moorer to get the IBF and WBA straps...

and Big George never sat on his stool....

and that's all she wrote!!

Last edited:
I mean, you could avoid watching idiots on youtube.

Youtube is where conversation goes to die.

Anyway Hopkins was an active light heavyweight and had been there for a while. Floyd is has never weighed anywhere near 160, has been inactive, and Canelo's next fight is at 168 coming off the biggest win of his professional career. Not a great comparison.

Youtube is where conversation goes to die.

Anyway Hopkins was an active light heavyweight and had been there for a while. Floyd is has never weighed anywhere near 160, has been inactive, and Canelo's next fight is at 168 coming off the biggest win of his professional career. Not a great comparison.
This.

It would be one thing if Mayweather was still seeking out and defeating the likes of Spence, Crawford, Thurman, etc., but in the last three years, he had one bout against an MMA fighter who was 0-0 in boxing, so it could not be any more evident that he's in the twilight of his career and is only looking for big money bouts against easy opponents.

I think that probably shows you that LDBC are scared that Floyd could actually lose this one since Canelo has improved a fair bit since their last bout and Mayweather is older and has been relatively inactive. I can't listen to the stuff LDBC puts out it's so biased toward black american fighters it is ridiculous and they always have an agenda.

I think that probably shows you that LDBC are scared that Floyd could actually lose this one since Canelo has improved a fair bit since their last bout and Mayweather is older and has been relatively inactive. I can't listen to the stuff LDBC puts out it's so biased toward black american fighters it is ridiculous and they always have an agenda.

Pretty much. I think these guys follow Boxing like fashion trends.

For example, I have not heard the LDBC acknowledge Canelo vs Jacobs or Andrade. Much of these guys said Jacobs beat GGG, which I would’ve been fine with a Draw tbh... the point is, they say Canelo needs to fight the “best” and don’t acknowledge the new DAZN 160 champs to come, but they acknowledge Andrade or Jacobs as the “best.” This guy 78 calls Andrade a disgrace or failure but don’t acknowledge his skills. Others are calling Jacobs a trader for signing with Hearn. Basically anything associated with Hearn overrides acknowledging a boxer’s skill.

Or if we go by their standards, then if Jacobs beat GGG before, then technically Canelo would NEED to challenge himself against Jacobs since they want Canelo to fight “the best.” Too many inconsistencies with their narratives.

What’s the barometer for Charlo? He beat Heilland, Centeno Jr. at 160... beat a Trout that Canelo had already beaten, and beat Julian Williams who isn’t is as difficult as a prime Lara. So how do they merit Jermall Charlo as “the best.” Canelo beat GGG. If people feel Canelo didn’t beat GGG then logic tells you that GGG is “the best,” and therefore Charlo should still want to beat the “best” and fight GGG.

For 3 years there was never any hype for Lara vs Spence or Lara vs Jermell, because of trainer affiliations... which is all garbage because Jacobs and Devryanchenko have the same trainer.

Last edited:
I thought Floyd had bowling balls for stepping in with Canelo the first time. 150 versus a guy who was regularly closer to 180 pounds? He absolutely schooled him. Total boxing lesson. Boy versus man even though the boy was much larger than the man. But Floyd gets shit on for everything and credit for nothing, it is what it is.

Canelo gets better and bigger and stronger by the day, while Floyd is early 40s. Makes no sense at this point. For Floyd, anyway.

usatsi_72476611.jpg
I thought Floyd had bowling balls for stepping in with Canelo the first time. 150 versus a guy who was regularly closer to 180 pounds? He absolutely schooled him. Total boxing lesson. Boy versus man even though the boy was much larger than the man. But Floyd gets shit on for everything and credit for nothing, it is what it is.

Canelo gets better and bigger and stronger by the day, while Floyd is early 40s. Makes no sense at this point. For Floyd, anyway.

You think Floyd was a 150 lb? The simple eye test alone shows that Mayweather in the ring is not as ripped as in the weighing. Manny Pacquiao weighed about 152lbs against Floyd, and Floyd was and has always been bigger than Pacquiao. You think Floyd was at least 8lbs bigger than Pacquiao? That would mean Floyd from weigh in went from 147 to 160...

So you’re saying in preparing for Canelo, a Super Welterweight bout, he wouldn’t be bigger than his fight night weight than the Pacquiao bout? Even skinny Lara from weighin to fight night adds 13lbs...

Canelo was like 175 vs Floyd at 162lbs? You’d say a 13lb difference for Floyd? Floyd looked bigger than himself when he fought against ODH in which he weighed in 150. Why do u think Floyd doesn’t disclose his weights...

Ever seen pictures of Jon Jones and the myths of roid injects in the abs...

I disagree with your weight analysis. But more simply...

Why would Floyd fight Canelo again? I don't understand what the point would be given risk/reward. He beat him so easily---it's not like it was competitive. Canelo is a lesser boxer, that was established and is not disputable.
Plus, Floyd is old and retired. If he makes another money grab or two, doubt it is against Alvarez. Maybe I'm wrong.

And what is the Jon Jones reference? Canelo got busted for juicing, not Floyd.

Last edited:
Floyd isn't taking fights that matter, thats why people aren't so high on it. I do agree that people are a little over the top about it because its Floyd. He's not the first retired fighter to take some easy jobs for money.

I agree, no chance he's getting in there with the top fighters at this point. I could see Manny again, and certainly any MMA guys he can get $50 or $75M for fighting, but no way he's going for the top welters or Canelo or whatever. I don't think he's looking to make any hard paydays, I guess. And I don't blame him or see why at his age, anyone could expect more than an easy payday or two, if anything.

I disagree with your weight analysis. But more simply...

Why would Floyd fight Canelo again? I don't understand what the point would be given risk/reward. He beat him so easily---it's not like it was competitive. Canelo is a lesser boxer, that was established and is not disputable.
Plus, Floyd is old and retired. If he makes another money grab or two, doubt it is against Alvarez. Maybe I'm wrong.

And what is the Jon Jones reference? Canelo got busted for juicing, not Floyd.

First let's the get context correct. Canelo Alvarez has been bombarded with industry reporters asking loads of questions including his thoughts on Mayweather vs Khabib. Canelo, as a CURRENT P4P boxer, stated that fighting Khabib wasn't an ideal look for boxing. We then have the entire LDBC on Youtube, whom are the biggest following of new media in boxing - superseding forum gossip (in which they actually interview boxers), went on agenda to discredit Canelo Alvarez relating to the whole DAZN deal. The moment industry reports headlined that Canelo Alvarez is the richest boxer to date by contract, Mayweather Jr. went on to claim how easy his victory was against him with or without the PED steak. Within this whole drama, Canelo has invited Floyd, if he wants to, to do the rematch..if he wants to! Canelo has also continued making headlines that it's Floyd's problem, not his, regarding all the hype as of late.

To further, there are more reports that Mayweather vs Khabib is just a publicity stunt. Realistically, how could Floyd sell a Khabib PPV better than the McGregor bout? A cross combat PPV vs a legitimate boxing match between P4P is what Oscar De La Hoya was insinuating. Here forward, no matter what Floyd does, is no longer P4P, whether it's beating Pac. He would have to fight Crawford or Spence Jr. There's even rumours that when Canelo, shall he beat Fielding, will be ranked to P4P #1.

Knowing Floyd, if he implodes, he will seek the rematch with Alvarez as industry affiliates will try their best to headline Canelo's success over Mayweather Jr.

Personally, I think Floyd should leave it alone. I have a weird feeling that Floyd could possibly tarnish his legacy if he makes the wrong move. For me, the best thing Floyd can do is SHOCK the WORLD and fight Khabib in the Octagon and give Khabib 50 million GUARANTEED to only stand and strike, no take downs. If Khabib were to take the bet, I doubt the MMA world would complain, it's Khabib's challenge. That PPV would do 6 million+ EPIC

Gotcha, I don't know what LDBC even is, don't do much youtube for boxing opinion or whatever, and I never heard of Khabib prior to the Conor bus deal, which looked like more staged BS from the UFC to me, albeit I'm sure they didn't intend for anyone to get hurt.

I thought Floyd was taking a heck of a chance getting in with Canelo the first time, but I don't think he'd get in with him again at this point. Too great of a risk to that "O", now. I'd think.

I don't think the Conor/Khabib stuff really matters as far as boxing itself goes. People see it for the show it is. While not staged, it's not like anyone in MMA has a legit chance to box Floyd in a ring with any success. At the same time money talks, and I'd gladly take an ass-whipping for $30M like Conor did, and I'm sure Khabib feels the same way. Even if he only pulls $15M, for that matter. That is still more money that he will make in the UFC in a decade. Conor made more than he would have made if he fought in the UFC until he was 50. At the end of the day, it's business for a professional fighter.

I mean, I think anyone with any sense realizes that Floyd is done fighting the elite of any division. He hasn't faced a top fighter in more than three years. Why anyone would expect him to come off a 3+ year layoff at the age of 42 and fight a top 3 p4p fighter in his prime who outweighs him by 20 pounds? He'd get beaten down badly at this point.

I mean, I think anyone with any sense realizes that Floyd is done fighting the elite of any division. He hasn't faced a top fighter in more than three years. Why anyone would expect him to come off a 3+ year layoff at the age of 42 and fight a top 3 p4p fighter in his prime who outweighs him by 20 pounds? He'd get beaten down badly at this point.
I still don't know if I'd count him out but yeah the odds aren't in his favour with a prime Canelo.

I still don't know if I'd count him out but yeah the odds aren't in his favour with a prime Canelo.

I'd pick a prime Floyd to still beat Canelo, but he's not doing at 42 off a 3+ year layoff.

I'd pick a prime Floyd to still beat Canelo, but he's not doing at 42 off a 3+ year layoff.

you didn't mention ''Prime Canelo.'' what is a 'Prime' Floyd? what weight class, and what's his age? Prime Canelo is 27+ years of age to current. a Prime Canelo vs Floyd has to be another catch, or if Prime Floyd is before Welterweight, the bought wouldn't happen. Can a Prime Welterweight De La Hoya beat any version of Floyd at 147? These are all good debates.

Back