Kovalev vs Alvarez, Bivol vs Chilemba

City_Lights

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-sergey-kovalev-eleider-alvarez-atlantic-city-weights--130577

This event is tomorrow. What are everyone's thoughts? I don't see any upsets happening here but Alvarez could make this a much tougher fight for Sergey than his last two opponents.

Also to any other Canadians here, is this on TV for you? I scrolled ahead on my cable box but it doesn't show table fight anywhere. I've had problems with them showing Kovalev fights in the past.

I got Kovalev by tko and Bivol will crush Chilemba.

Honestly bivol or someone else is going to have to dethrone kovalev like Ward did for light heavyweight to be legitimate again. The fans aren't going to be able to take kovalev or his division seriously after Ward exposed him and made him irrelevant.

Honestly bivol or someone else is going to have to dethrone kovalev like Ward did for light heavyweight to be legitimate again. The fans aren't going to be able to take kovalev or his division seriously after Ward exposed him and made him irrelevant.
Most fighters have losses and Ward retired so I don't see the problem. He's looked good since then and a win over Alvarez would be solid for him. If Kovalev vs Bivol gets announced after this I will be very excited.

Considering most people who aren’t American and/or are biased towards ward (including ringside experts and commentators for the fight) thought Kova won their first fight, I hardly think he is irrelevant when he is pretty much 1-1 against ward.

Wards second win was very impressive and overall has to be seen as the legit champ but calling Kova irrelevant when absolutely no one else can beat him except ward (barely) is ridiculousl.

I do think Bivol is Kovas and Wards worst nightmare though, his style is he worst for both of them and I think he beats both

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-sergey-kovalev-eleider-alvarez-atlantic-city-weights--130577

This event is tomorrow. What are everyone's thoughts? I don't see any upsets happening here but Alvarez could make this a much tougher fight for Sergey than his last two opponents.

Also to any other Canadians here, is this on TV for you? I scrolled ahead on my cable box but it doesn't show table fight anywhere. I've had problems with them showing Kovalev fights in the past.
HBO in the USA, but GYM has a deal for the Canadian rights for his fighters and so afaik it’s PPV only in Canada...... Like Alvarez is the fucking draw...

Blame Yvon Michel

Most fighters have losses and Ward retired so I don't see the problem. He's looked good since then and a win over Alvarez would be solid for him. If Kovalev vs Bivol gets announced after this I will be very excited.
I'll be excited too, but I'll be rooting for Bivol because let's face it Kovalev is just a paper champ ever since Ward took his soul

I'll be excited too, but I'll be rooting for Bivol because let's face it Kovalev is just a paper champ ever since Ward took his soul

I consider them 1-1, and you could even make the case that Ward was going low in the 2nd bout, though I think he tenderized Kov's body and broke him down in that one.

Made him irrelevant?

One poor performance with an all time great right after many had him winning the first fight with an all time great.

That's just a stupid comment

Kova and Bivol should be fighting each other.

Both will walk through their opponents tomorrow. I hope for there to be a showdown after the fights and they announce something.

Kova and Bivol should be fighting each other.

Both will walk through their opponents tomorrow. I hope for there to be a showdown after the fights and they announce something.

I think we all do. That would be the icing on the cake tomorrow, assuming they both look good in wins.

I consider them 1-1, and you could even make the case that Ward was going low in the 2nd bout, though I think he tenderized Kov's body and broke him down in that one.
The first fight was a toss up, but looking back Ward wasn't lying when he said he was hurting Kov to the body, we just didn't notice because he never got dropped. He finished strong though and that means more to me than starting strong, a few more rounds and he would have sealed the deal in the first fight too. Either way it's been established who the superior fighter is, that's not up for debate anymore

Made him irrelevant?

One poor performance with an all time great right after many had him winning the first fight with an all time great.

That's just a stupid comment
Hi KungFuBiz... how've you been??

Oh wait... I mean TownBiz
Don't know who that is but Kov got beat twice by a smaller guy in his own division, when people were talking about him being top 5 p4p. His embarrassment was even worse than Rigo's if you really think about it

Don't know who that is but Kov got beat twice by a smaller guy in his own division, when people were talking about him being top 5 p4p. His embarrassment was even worse than Rigo's if you really think about it
<[analyzed}>

Even worse than Rigo's (if you think about it).....
hmmmmmm.

You full a shit, dun.

HBO in the USA, but GYM has a deal for the Canadian rights for his fighters and so afaik it’s PPV only in Canada...... Like Alvarez is the fucking draw...

Blame Yvon Michel
Fuck I hate him. Every time his name is mentioned it's because he's doing something shitty. Most promoters get a lot of hate but he's the worst.

I have 500$ on Alvarez.. he should win, Montreal boxers are the best

Back