Kovalev calls Pascal's bluff, requests VADA testing

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On Wednesday, Kovalev informed Duva to contact VADA and finalize a random drug testing protocol for the Pascal defense.

"Sergey Kovalev has informed me that he wishes to arrange for random, WADA Code compliant VADA testing in advance of his WBO, WBA and IBF light heavyweight title defense against Jean Pascal on March 14th. We are beginning to make the necessary arrangements with VADA today," Duva stated to BoxingScene.com

"Until mandatory drug testing is done year-round and regulated by a competent and neutral regulatory body that also provides education to boxers and their teams, I believe this kind of ad hoc enhanced testing is nothing more than a PR stunt. In my view, no meaningful progress toward cleaning up the sport will be made this way. Our efforts should be focused on reform and regulation."

"However, since Pascal has accused Sergey of using PEDs, Sergey is eager to take Pascal up on his offer to pay for the tests. While I have consistently stated that I am opposed to such unregulated testing as a matter of policy, I understand why Sergey wants to take the tests and silence the critics."

VIA Boxingscene

Pascal looks like a fool now, not that it's particularly difficult to make Pascal look like a complete idiot. His plan to shame Kovalev has backfired.

Now it's time for him to go to sleep.

VIA Boxingscene

Pascal looks like a fool now, not that it's particularly difficult to make Pascal look like a complete idiot. His plan to shame Kovalev has backfired.

Now it's time for him to go to sleep.

his plan backfired? his plan for kovalev to take a drug test backfired???
looks like he got the result he wanted.

if pac agreed to floyd to do a drug test, does that meant floyds plan backfired?

What was Pascal's stance on drug testing prior to his fights with Bute and Kuziemski? Not trolling; genuine question. I remember him whining about it after fighting Hopkins, and it never seemed to be a big issue for him before or after that. Thus my scepticism that this isn't just another ploy by Pascal to paint his opponent in a negative light.

I don't for a second buy that Pascal is a man of principle, as if drug testing was a big issue why was it not requested during the initial contract negotiations? The objections to his 'request' seemed to be from Kovalev's handlers and based on monetary issues. And had it been part of the original agreement, there would have been no issues.

Pascal said he wanted drug testing and then got it. Isn't this good all around?

What was Pascal's stance on drug testing prior to his fights with Bute and Kuziemski? Not trolling; genuine question. I remember him whining about it after fighting Hopkins, and it never seemed to be a big issue for him before or after that. Thus my scepticism that this isn't just another ploy by Pascal to paint his opponent in a negative light.

I don't for a second buy that Pascal is a man of principle, as if drug testing was a big issue why was it not requested during the initial contract negotiations? The objections to his 'request' seemed to be from Kovalev's handlers and based on monetary issues. And had it been part of the original agreement, there would have been no issues.

He might be, he might not be. Either way, they're getting tested. You're right that the whining is a bit hard to take after he signed the contract, but whatever.

his plan backfired? his plan for kovalev to take a drug test backfired???
looks like he got the result he wanted.

if pac agreed to floyd to do a drug test, does that meant floyds plan backfired?

Pascal's plan was to cast Kovalev in a negative light.

he did the same thing against hopkins, where out of nowhere and after the terms of the bout have been agreed , he started shouting P.E.D accusations and yelling one of seano's favorite boxing quotes " TAKE ZE TEST !! " .

even a biased canadian poster like yourself should be able to see through this .

Pascal said he wanted drug testing and then got it. Isn't this good all around?

I've just read that Pascal wanted to set up his own testing protocol like GYM did last year. he has no business doing that.

Now that they suggested VADA I'm skeptical that Pascal is going to move forward and pay for the whole thing like he suggested.

Cause remember Random Testing costs between 50 - 100K.

I expect Pascal to decline. Put his tail between his legs.

I've just read that Pascal wanted to set up his own testing protocol like GYM did last year. he has no business doing that.

Now that they suggested VADA I'm skeptical that Pascal is going to move forward and pay for the whole thing like he suggested.

Cause remember Random Testing costs between 50 - 100K.

I expect Pascal to decline. Put his tail between his legs.

If he does, he deserves criticism. Until he does, it's probably best to wait with all of this "tail between his legs" and "bluff" talk. In fact, one might say these assumptions sounds an awful lot like the ones that you're deriding Pascal for making.

Back