Koscheck and Sanchez at ufc 69 in Houston

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by liddell4life, Jan 11, 2015.

1. liddell4life

liddell4life Orange Belt

What a crap fight... all the talk and hate and neither one wanted to engage....Koscheck barley got the decision. At this point would anybody like to see a rematch???

2. Goodfella86

Goodfella86 Gold Belt

it was a total disappointment. Diego's shove at the weigh-in and their underrated exhibition fight really had me so pumped. koscheck fought wisely, and that really fuckin sucked for the fans. Diego's bjj gave koscheck some serious trouble two years earlier, so i think, at that point in his career, koscheck thought it would be best to use his wrestling/athletic advantage to keep the fight standing and keep diego timid with just the threat of big right hands.

back in the TUF house, koscheck was much more raw. it made the fight incredibly exciting. once koscheck started to polish up his mma game, it became a battle of athleticism and a boring fight ensued. fitch made up for his teammate's fight by beating diego in an excellent fight just months later. fitch is not quite the athlete that koscheck is, but he is more versatile. again, wrestling cost diego the fight, but it was not a disappointing performance at all.

3. Mr. Fresca

Mr. Fresca Thanks for playing

Best part of the fight was Koscheck's post fight interview

4. bobby59

bobby59 Purple Belt

Yall must have forgot that diego almost had to retire weeks before the fight because something happened to his blood tests that said he was positive for hep(or something). He was devastated. I think it messed with him mentally. Yeah it was a boring fight but i always felt if they fought again it would have been exciting.

5. DeepCover

DeepCover Brown Belt Platinum Member

It was a false positive for hep c. He was sick, which is why they conducted tests. It turned out he had a staph infection.

6. bobby59

bobby59 Purple Belt

Thats what it was.

7. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Silly fight, but they're both washing up to shore.

It's kind of like the 3rd fight between Forrest and Tito. Nobody cares any more.

What makes it super annoying is that Diego will actually come to fight and Kos will take him down probably end up getting the most unsatisfying 29-28 possible.

8. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Sorry, I thought they were fighting again. Please disregard...

9. xJust Scrapx

xJust Scrapx Green Belt

Kos beat Hendricks... Ftw

10. SiAp

SiAp Orange Belt

Funny that just people answer who have their sherdog accounts for a couple of years. But all 2013-, 2014-, 2015-accounts claim to been a fan for at least 10 years ;)

Ontopic: Looked forward to the fight but was disappointed. The hated each other that much that nobody wanted to lose ...

11. wisdom blows

wisdom blows Gold Belt

Really one of the worst fights in the modern era. Kos was hilarious post fight though.

12. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

13. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

Nah, both guy's were different fighters back then.

14. bungyo

bungyo Brown Belt

Terrible fight but at the same time I enjoyed Diego mean mugging and then going out and laying an egg. Never been a fan of him.

15. bjjwar

bjjwar Brown Belt

You're basically quoting 99,999% of hyped UFC fights.

Look at Jones vs Cormier,all the best fight in history blabla and at the end we get 2 guys gassed after 2 seconds fighting in slow motion hugging each other lol

Condit vs Diaz,omg this will be the best fight in history.3 punches were landed in the fight...

Kos vs Sanchez was hyped,but everyone knew it would be a crazy boring fight.Diego's strenght in TUF was taking guys down and pounding them and Kos only strenght was his wrestling and winning by holding guys down lol

16. Ibm

Ibm Brown Belt

I'd LOVE to see a rematch. This is probably the most undertalked rematch in the history of mma. Diego has changed as a fighter and Koscheck has also changed.

17. witt1021

witt1021 Blue Belt

what to be a MMA fan you have to have a sherdog account?

18. bubbleboyjones

bubbleboyjones Belt Purple

19. hydingjekyll

hydingjekyll Green Belt

I remember being frustrated the entire fight, wondering why Sanchez wasn't engaging (turned out that he was sick) and not being surprised that Koscheck did barely enough to say that he had been the busier fighter (taking advantage of Sanchez's fluke illness to take a minimum of risk with a fighter he probably knew was still superior at that point). It made me dislike Koscheck even more as a fighter and as a person. The rematch should have been made years ago, but now they're both so washed up and irrelevant that no one would care unless they'd watched TUF 1.

20. Ah Man

Ah Man Brown Belt

No interest in a rematch between two washed-up fighters when the first fight was terrible anyway. (Slight interest, but too ashamed to admit it.)

Nobody in UFC history has been quite as good at playing the juvenile jerk as Koscheck. Not even Tito. I loved it. (Also ashamed to admit that.)