ko's in mma are overrated

In real fights people have guns, knives, weapons...there are no 'weight classes'.. hair pulling, groin strikes, punches to the back of the head, biting are all in real fighting..depending on the environment, the hard floor means you can smash someone into the ground far harder than a grappling mat or a fight canvas... the surroundings completely alter how you would otherwise fight..and people jump in and out, you punch a guy, his friend punches you, your friend punches him etc etc.

Neither MMA nor Boxing are anywhere near real fighting. Nor does succes in one mean that one is a good 'fighter' , just that they are a good competitor, or, ring fighter if you will. Shinya Aoki and Floyd Mayweather would both get there ass kicked by tons of heavier, bigger, prison inmates, despite that they are both excellent ring fighters.

My point is NOT to insult MMA or Boxing (or Wrestling or BJJ) I LOVE combat sports with all my heart, but not because they 'prove who would win in a fight, but because they show incredible athletes performing to levels of skill unattainable in 'real fighting'. I love Boxing because Punching, as an art, is beautiful to watch at a mastered level. Floyd Mayweather and Naseem Hamed are artists in Boxing, but in 'real fighting' they would never be able to perfect such punching. Likewise, in MMA, fighters like GSP, Anderson, Aoki, all demonstrate incredible skills in combining striking and grappling in a cohesive and tactical fashion in a fair regulated sporting environment that is not possible in 'real fighting'.

On the street, if I had a gun, I could kill Alistair Overeem. The purpose of 'ring fighting' is to show us who has developed the highest level of athletic combat skill, not who is the 'baddest man on the planet(A term which should be labeled 'Baddest Man on the Planet in a controlled sporting environment'.) Ring fighting is sort of like an idealized fantasy world, its a 'what-if' scenario.

When the guy I first quoted tried to put down Boxing as being 'less real' than MMA this is my viewpoint on his viewpoint.

Thanks for this. It's pretty much what I assumed your position would be, and if this is your definition of "fighting" then your point is completely valid and consistent with everything you've stated.

So kudos to you, sir or madam.

It was invented to make a man out of pussy's like you.

bahahahahahahaha your a classic.did i offend you? hahahahahahahahaha
1336405435_fat_guy_trampoline_dunk_fail.gif

your not knocking anyone out big fella.

cool, makes sense...that's your OPINION btw

and boxing is alot further from real fighting than MMA is...bbj is all you need to defeat a boxer, wrestling nullifies it too

What if a boxer fights a BJJ in a street fight, the boxer gets on top and the BJJ fella ends up on the bottom, the boxer pokes his eye and starts biting his face while at same time hooking his mouth and pulling it apart then starts to bite his neck, then stands up and grabs a brick and keeps hitting the BJJ guy on the back of the head, who wins?

Street fighting is different than fighting with rules with a referee, in a cage match it all depends on how each fighter( boxer/BJJ guy ) comes well prepared, the boxer might win or the BJJ guy might win, but in 8 out of 10 of them the BJJ wins of course.

Not a fan of Cain or JDS but I really hope JDS puts Cain to sleep again so these delusional Cain fans can STFU

Unfortunately, guys like JDS and Anderson Silva specialize in finishing their opponents via strikes. They do it fairly often and they do it against some of the best fighters in the world.
If you consider their skills to be a 'wild card' then so be it. Go ahead and bet against them whenever they fight a wrestler/grappler, since KO's are overrated and they're not likely to get it again.
If anything, I think both of them are extremely likely to catch their opponents with something vicious and I don't favor the TD artist to win a fight with them.

bahahahahahahaha your a classic.did i offend you? hahahahahahahahaha
1336405435_fat_guy_trampoline_dunk_fail.gif

your not knocking anyone out big fella.

Not at all, i'm drinking chilean wine and watching the Adamek vs. Cunningham fight while talking some sense into dumb asses here, i never get offended by nobodies in a damn forum but i have a feeling it is me who might offend some people here so...it is what it is.

oh yeah caps88 tough guy.meet me at 9 o'clock at the 9th green
9de.gif

What if a boxer fights a BJJ in a street fight, the boxer gets on top and the BJJ fella ends up on the bottom, the boxer pokes his eye and starts biting his face while at same time hooking his mouth and pulling it apart then starts to bite his neck, then stands up and grabs a brick and keeps hitting the BJJ guy on the back of the head, who wins?

Street fighting is different than fighting with rules with a referee, in a cage match it all depends on how each fighter( boxer/BJJ guy ) comes well prepared, the boxer might win or the BJJ guy might win, but in 8 out of 10 of them the BJJ wins of course.

agreed...obviously I was refering to an MMA fight dude, street fighting is a whole different ball of wax, in a streetfight if you fight someone that wrestles or does bjj and you want to just stand and bang, you WILL end up fucked up...broken limbs or bodyslammed into oblivion...so yeah, in the street fights I've been in my mma has always been what secured victory, not my standup...
now, when I have fought someone without any formal training, a couple of jabs and a straight is all that's needed

Do all boxers fight like such bitches, or just you?

agreed...obviously I was refering to an MMA fight dude, street fighting is a whole different ball of wax, in a streetfight if you fight someone that wrestles or does bjj and you want to just stand and bang, you WILL end up fucked up...broken limbs or bodyslammed into oblivion...so yeah, in the street fights I've been in my mma has always been what secured victory, not my standup...
now, when I have fought someone without any formal training, a couple of jabs and a straight is all that's needed

Just to let you know, i don't know where your from but where i'm from when you fight someone and you go to the ground they stand you back up, usually its stand up fighting here (boxing), but if your talking a one on one fight then yes of course specially a wrestler, he will mess your shit up, but what if the wrestler has 2 friends with him and he fights some nobody that has 5 friends with him, and those 5 guys beat the shit out of the wrestlers 2 friends and then jump the wrestler and whoop his ass all over the street, one of the worst things you can do in a gang fight or in a rumble is end up on the ground cause someone might come and start kicking you or throw things at you while your on the ground that's why if you know how to box or kick box or just have a good stand up game is much more important in street fights than learning how to fight on the ground.

Do all boxers fight like such bitches, or just you?

Why are you so anti-boxing lmao, its like you have this personal beef with the sport of boxing, did a boxer kick your ass?...you know something if that actually happened like if you get your face bit off, you can call me a bitch all you want but its going to be YOU who will have a hard time sleeping and later on you going to have to explain to your kids that you got in a fight with a boxer and he tore your face apart haha.

Just to let you know, i don't know where your from but where i'm from when you fight someone and you go to the ground they stand you back up, usually its stand up fighting here (boxing), but if your talking a one on one fight then yes of course specially a wrestler, he will mess your shit up, but what if the wrestler has 2 friends with him and he fights some nobody that has 5 friends with him, and those 5 guys beat the shit out of the wrestlers 2 friends and then jump the wrestler and whoop his ass all over the street, one of the worst things you can do in a gang fight or in a rumble is end up on the ground cause someone might come and start kicking you or throw things at you while your on the ground that's why if you know how to box or kick box or just have a good stand up game is much more important in street fights than learning how to fight on the ground.

they stand you back up? that's pussy shit...and I was talking about a 1 on 1 fight, they have those where you live right? and no shit you don't want to be on the ground in a rumble, but that involves weapons too...jeez, there are all kinds of possible scenarios but I don't want to get into them...fuckin aliens could fly down and jump in right?

Why are you so anti-boxing lmao, its like you have this personal beef with the sport of boxing, did a boxer kick your ass?...you know something if that actually happened like if you get your face bit off, you can call me a bitch all you want but its going to be YOU who will have a hard time sleeping and later on you going to have to explain to your kids that you got in a fight with a boxer and he tore your face apart haha.

I'm not anti-boxing. I am however, anti-14 year olds.

Thanks for this. It's pretty much what I assumed your position would be, and if this is your definition of "fighting" then your point is completely valid and consistent with everything you've stated.

So kudos to you, sir or madam.

So then why was my point off the mark and completely stupid?

I have a hard time admitting that knockout wins show you were the better man that night in fights like Okami vs Boetsch or Duffee vs Russow.. The win certainly doesn't equate them as being better fighters in my book...

Of course it does man you just dont want to accept it. It doesn't matter if Boetsch was terrible leading up to his KO, he found a way to win within the time allotted. He was the better fighter on that night.

If you are a super elite fighter on that night, you wouldn't have gotten KO'd.

So then why was my point off the mark and completely stupid?

It assumed my definition of fighting was exactly the same as yours.

Your posts were internally consistent, but that still doesn't change the fact that your initial response to me was completely off base.

Back