ko's in mma are overrated

Get in the ring with me and we'll see if its fighting or not, i'd punch you so hard your pussy jaw will snap in half, it's been the sport of fighting for decades you idiot, your a MMA fanboy you know nothing of other combat sports, stick to your GSPs and Brock Lesnar's kid.

2v9dleg.gif

Get in the ring with me and we'll see if its fighting or not, i'd punch you so hard your pussy jaw will snap in half, it's been the sport of fighting for decades you idiot, your a MMA fanboy you know nothing of other combat sports, stick to your GSPs and Brock Lesnar's kid.

just crusing through, and read this...lol
:rolleyes:

you sound like a friendly guy.

when those things happen are the games stopped because of them?

oh yeah, game winning goals suck too... Joe Carters world series home run sucked, 7 overtime goals sucked... and of course the Knock-out... only retards like knock outs, I really think the UFC should cut-away when knock-outs occur so we don't get desensitized to them, such a pointless part of fighting and combat.... and the athletes shouldn't hit so hard either, in fact fighters should be given a loss if they knock the other guy out, seriously bro, i'm with ya...

Winning is overrated in mma. If the other guy woulda beat the shit out of you first, that win would mean nothing.

Your point is stupid and completely off the mark.

Even if we start from the same premise, that neither sport is the sport of fighting, one sport is clearly a far superior proxy for fighting than the other. So much so, that to bring one up in the context of another is ridiculous.

I suppose I'd like to hear your definition for fighting though. If fighting has aspects other than striking a grappling I'd like to hear what they are.

In real fights people have guns, knives, weapons...there are no 'weight classes'.. hair pulling, groin strikes, punches to the back of the head, biting are all in real fighting..depending on the environment, the hard floor means you can smash someone into the ground far harder than a grappling mat or a fight canvas... the surroundings completely alter how you would otherwise fight..and people jump in and out, you punch a guy, his friend punches you, your friend punches him etc etc.

Neither MMA nor Boxing are anywhere near real fighting. Nor does succes in one mean that one is a good 'fighter' , just that they are a good competitor, or, ring fighter if you will. Shinya Aoki and Floyd Mayweather would both get there ass kicked by tons of heavier, bigger, prison inmates, despite that they are both excellent ring fighters.

My point is NOT to insult MMA or Boxing (or Wrestling or BJJ) I LOVE combat sports with all my heart, but not because they 'prove who would win in a fight, but because they show incredible athletes performing to levels of skill unattainable in 'real fighting'. I love Boxing because Punching, as an art, is beautiful to watch at a mastered level. Floyd Mayweather and Naseem Hamed are artists in Boxing, but in 'real fighting' they would never be able to perfect such punching. Likewise, in MMA, fighters like GSP, Anderson, Aoki, all demonstrate incredible skills in combining striking and grappling in a cohesive and tactical fashion in a fair regulated sporting environment that is not possible in 'real fighting'.

On the street, if I had a gun, I could kill Alistair Overeem. The purpose of 'ring fighting' is to show us who has developed the highest level of athletic combat skill, not who is the 'baddest man on the planet(A term which should be labeled 'Baddest Man on the Planet in a controlled sporting environment'.) Ring fighting is sort of like an idealized fantasy world, its a 'what-if' scenario.

When the guy I first quoted tried to put down Boxing as being 'less real' than MMA this is my viewpoint on his viewpoint.

that's what will happen to any pure boxer in a fight if they don't land a punch first

I already said pure boxers lose to MMA fighters, thats why i asked you what your point was, your just stating the obvious.

derp derp...are you punch drunk? does someone really have to explain it to you? well, I'm not going to:icon_lol:

I know everything, i don't need someone with lesser knowledge about combat sports to tell me his non-worthy opinions.

I already said pure boxers lose to MMA fighters, thats why i asked you what your point was, your just stating the obvious.

so by your own admittance mma fighters are better fighters than boxers

so by your own admittance mma fighters are better fighters than boxers

In a all out fight yes of course i never disputed that, but which ones tougher or who can take better shots or who has more heart depends on that fighter himself and not the sport he represents, but as to who's the better fighter then yes MMA fighters are because they train everything and boxers don't; boxers punch while MMA fighters do it all, but to say boxing is not fighting then that's what i have a problem with.

rustled-jimmies-4-bronwinningg-tumblr.png

In a all out fight yes of course i never disputed that, but which ones tougher or who can take better shots or who has more heart depends on that fighter himself and not the sport he represents, but as to who's the better fighter then yes MMA fighters are because they train everything and boxers don't; boxers punch while MMA fighters do it all, but to say boxing is not fighting then that's what i have a problem with.

cool, makes sense...that's your OPINION btw

and boxing is alot further from real fighting than MMA is...bbj is all you need to defeat a boxer, wrestling nullifies it too

Back