KOs / blows with the worst consequences

images

Leben said he lost days from the time Andy KO'd him

Anderson%252520Silva%252520vs%252520Chris%252520Leben.gif

Wow, brutal ownage. Any info on the aftermath?

He nearly died in the hospital that night from severe head trauma and suffered brain damage. Today, Gamache works as a licensed boxing trainer, coaching some of the top fighters in the sport, though he still suffers from migraines and has admitted to once having thoughts of suicide.

In his last fight on Feb 26, 2000, Gamache was brutally knocked out in two rounds by Arturo Gatti at Madison Square Garden. He filed lawsuits against both Gatti and the New York State Athletic Commission. He alleges that Gatti weighed significantly more than the contracted weight at the time of the fight. The case was tried and decided by Judge Melvin Schweitzer, who found the state negligent in its lax handling of the pre-fight weigh-in. The judge, who was not convinced that the negligence was a substantial factor in causing an injury, did not award any damages. Gamache considered the verdict a win

i dont see how this counts.he got knocked out,but its not like he didnt have a bunch of fights since then

Imo, apart from the Rampage fight it was pretty clear he went to shit after Sergei wrecked him.

Some false statements in this thread.

• Jeremy Bullock did not break his back. In fact, after 1 night in the hospital, he was fine to go. In any case, no lasting damage. It's a rumor that will never die, though.
  • Fujita's KO loss to Overeem certainly did some brain damage, but the talk of "coma" in this thread is not true (at least I never heard of that, please provide link proof if I'm mistaken)

Imo, apart from the Rampage fight it was pretty clear he went to shit after Sergei wrecked him.

i think he just wasnt good enough to deal with the rising skill level in those years. Jumping around weight classes probably didnt help.

i dont see how this counts.he got knocked out,but its not like he didnt have a bunch of fights since then

Watch him in interviews pre Sergei. Then watch him in interviews post Sergei.

Some false statements in this thread.

• Jeremy Bullock did not break his back. In fact, after 1 night in the hospital, he was fine to go. In any case, no lasting damage. It's a rumor that will never die, though.
  • Fujita's KO loss to Overeem certainly did some brain damage, but the talk of "coma" in this thread is not true (at least I never heard of that, please provide link proof if I'm mistaken)

Thanks for the info. The Bullock one, I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

not a ko but igor borisov who mark kerr neck cranked never fought again and had to be stretechered out of the ring. No way there wasnt some permanent damage there

The can opener, nasty little trick

Igor put some guy in the hospital with swelling of the brain. Enson maybe?

goodridge knocked oleg out cold and he never fought again

oavtxv.jpg

Tim KO against Andrei
1. Began a terrible title reign of circle jab
2. Ruined Andrei for years

He nearly died in the hospital that night from severe head trauma and suffered brain damage. Today, Gamache works as a licensed boxing trainer, coaching some of the top fighters in the sport, though he still suffers from migraines and has admitted to once having thoughts of suicide.

In his last fight on Feb 26, 2000, Gamache was brutally knocked out in two rounds by Arturo Gatti at Madison Square Garden. He filed lawsuits against both Gatti and the New York State Athletic Commission. He alleges that Gatti weighed significantly more than the contracted weight at the time of the fight. The case was tried and decided by Judge Melvin Schweitzer, who found the state negligent in its lax handling of the pre-fight weigh-in. The judge, who was not convinced that the negligence was a substantial factor in causing an injury, did not award any damages. Gamache considered the verdict a win

Wow... that's really terrible. The dangers of extreme weight disadvantages.

Back