KOs / blows with the worst consequences

Dreaming Dead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What are the KOs or knockdowns with the most serious consequences to the victim? There are some known examples like Timmah vs Tra Telligman, Rashad vs Salmon, Santiago vs Salmon, Gono vs Hornbuckle. All of the victims were scarily out for a long time, but I'd like to hear about lesser-known exemples.

Here's a gif of Shinzo Machida (Lyoto's brother) knocking out some poor dude at RFA 11.

Chinzo_Machida_vs._Brian_Wood.gif

I think everyone has already seen this magnificent KO by now, but I remember a post about the consequences to Brian Wood. That post claimed Brian had a shattered jaw, some broken teeth and a fractured mouth roof. That would be pretty brutal if true.

What are some other attacks with terrible consequences to the victims? Gifs are okay, but I'd rather have some discussion and read some stories instead of just gifs (there's a nice KO gif thread running already). Examples from other MMA organizations or any other fight sport are welcome.

I believe that Fujita was induced into a coma from Overeem's knee.

overeem-fujita-knee-ko.gif

Michael Schiavello said that Overeem told him that the Fujita fight was the only time that he ever felt bad for a fighter afterwords.

The recent Dong Elbow KO of Hathway. I seriously though Hathway could be dead. Uriah spinning Kick KO at TUF was a horrible sight as well.

Benji Radach- He had the skills to be champ then got his jaw shattered by Chris Leben and was never the same again.

Fredson Peixao was pretty much retired by Pablo Garza's knee in the first ever UFC FW fight. I'm not sure of the details of his injuries but he was KO'd for a long time.

And also , the Pete Williams Kick to the mouth of Mark Coleman.

Travis Fulton vs Jeremy Bullock has got to be the worst I've ever seen.

Michael Schiavello said that Overeem told him that the Fujita fight was the only time that he ever felt bad for a fighter afterwords.

Great example. Getting knocked into a coma is truly frightening.

There's also the early UFC fighter who got his ribs fractured by a brutal knee but fought on and won the fight. However, he was immediately sent to the hospital and the doctors said "his survival was in question". I can't remember his name right now, though.

Travis Fulton vs Jeremy Bullock has got to be the worst I've ever seen.

I think it looked much worse than what it really was, because some people say Fulton had no truly serious injuries after the slam. Please don't post the gif because I don't want to be reminded I'm a terrible asshole who can't help but laugh at Fulton's pain expressions whenever I watch them :icon_neut

The knockout Matt Riddle scored on TUF 7 to get into the house, I don't know if it resulted in any long term damage but it was horrifying to witness. A good example of fights that might deter aspiring fighters from competing. Also the first fight to get into the house of the current season of TUF. Giant dude collapsing headfirst into the cage, could have broken his neck. I felt so bad for his Mom who witnessed it live.

Tank Abbott knocked some guys out so bad I thought they died.

I think it looked much worse than what it really was, because some people say Fulton had no truly serious injuries after the slam. Please don't post the gif because I don't want to be reminded I'm a terrible asshole who can't help but laugh at Fulton's pain expressions whenever I watch them :icon_neut

I think you don't know what are you saying.

Bullock suffered some neck demages btw.

After reading this thread, I am even prouder to be a citizen of the great SMART state of New York. Happy to know our elected officials are taking care of me, sparing me from seeing this barbarism and limiting me to witnessing just football injuries and J. Bieber.

not a ko but igor borisov who mark kerr neck cranked never fought again and had to be stretechered out of the ring. No way there wasnt some permanent damage there

21aieqd.jpg

the reem is clearly roided here .

Back