Korean Zombie: where the hell is the guy?

Everyone should be required to do mandatory military service. My three years in the army taught me many valuable life skills. I thought it was a waste of life at the time, but I think it was worth it.

Not trying to troll but my 6 years in Navy destroyed my soul
Then I made a deal to get it back

can you imagine basic physical training for him?

the other guys are huffing and puffing behind him.
meanwhile, TKZ: oh that was a nice warm up.

Now imagine paired hand to hand combat training

Instructor: "Alright, Kwang-min vs Chan Sung Jung"
Kwang-min: "What? Fuck that!"

idk why this would suck to u..maybe just cus u want to see him in action, so do I..but truth be told..this gives him time to heal up all the injuries he has and time for him to spend with his new born baby..plus they gave him a office job not the front line..cus with S. Korea military rules, if u been injured before u cant be on the front line..same thing with Hong Man Choi who also did his 2 yrs but since he's been injured before they put him on light duty..also he still gets to train with his camp and stay in shape..so I kinda expect him to perform well when he returns being injured free..

Not trying to troll but my 6 years in Navy destroyed my soul
Then I made a deal to get it back

The guy will get some preferential treatment and wont be treated like a regular grunt. People are saying he will have an easy desk job and I bet he will probably have some time to train as well.

The guy will get some preferential treatment and wont be treated like a regular grunt. People are saying he will have an easy desk job and I bet he will probably have some time to train as well.

i think it is worth pointing out that pro star craft players often get out of it completly.

Good thing he was circled. Respectfully.

I did not initially see the thin yellow line, so I immediately gave up trying to figure out which guy was him. Racial stereotypes aside, people in uniform with similar haircuts look very much alike. If that frame of thought makes me an asshole, well, I'll be the best damn asshole this world has ever seen!

Everyone should be required to do mandatory military service. My three years in the army taught me many valuable life skills. I thought it was a waste of life at the time, but I think it was worth it.

So you think everyone should be forced to do it? That's absurd. In the U.S. there's absolutely no reason for it and the idea that people here would go along with that is laughable

Last edited:

Coming from a country where there is mandatory military service: it is a waste of lifetime and unfair and shitty for everyone who wants to do anything valueable in that time

i think it is worth pointing out that pro star craft players often get out of it completly.

That's not true. A lot get their terms postponed and some come to the U.S. to avoid it but most South Korean SC2 players do end up in the military. That's why most players are pretty young

Last edited:
Ohh, that's why he's not been around. Hope he hops right back into octagon after service.

And people complain about what the UFC pays fighters lol

이등병 (Private)
₩81,500
$76.45 (approx) per month

일등병 (Private first class)
₩88,200
$82.73 (approx) per month

상등병 (Corporal)
₩97,500
$91.45 (approx) per month

병장 (Sergeant)
₩108,000
$101.30 (approx) per month

By law he has to join the military for a few years. It's an honorable thing to do. Unfortunately, we may never see him in the cage again. Even when he returns he would have lost a few years of his prime in the sport.

he's in the army but they gave him a desk job, so he's still allowed to train at his gym, just not compete until his service is over. it's going to be a little less than 2 years. hopefully he can use that time to heal his body and come back well rested.

dang, that's good to hear.

then again, it'd be pretty cool if he stormed N Korea and put Kim Jong Un in the twister.

Back