Korean Zombie Vs. Dustin Poirier should have been FOTY

I completely agree. No fight had me geeking while it happened more that this fight. My mind was fuckin blown. Anywhere the fight went, it was exciting and had me on the edge of my seat. Not to mention it had a fantastic finish. This is the clear cut Fight of the Year in my honest opinion. Nothing else came close.

i agree. not only was this fight of the year, it's one in which both the winner and loser's stock rose.

I rewatched Varner Lauzon because I thought it could of been better than KZ Poirier; KZ Poirier was a much more exciting fight.

I rewatched Varner Lauzon because I thought it could of been better than KZ Poirier; KZ Poirier was a much more exciting fight.

I did too before I posted just to make sure. It really wasn't even close.

Yeah I rewatched KZ v. Poirer last night it is an amazing fight. KZ definitely won the first 2 rounds, but Poirer came back in the third and was landing that straight left over and over you can't help but to think the rest of the fight would turn out like that. But then KZ turns it up for round 4 and gets an amazing finish.

The sweeps, takedowns and strikes in the fight were amazing. I mean you had flying knees, bodylock takedowns, takedown via leg catch, deadly uppercuts from the clinch, triangle attempts, reversals... everything was in that fight

korean-zombie-jung.gif

This is my fav sequence in a while

Yeah I rewatched KZ v. Poirer last night it is an amazing fight. KZ definitely won the first 2 rounds, but Poirer came back in the third and was landing that straight left over and over you can't help but to think the rest of the fight would turn out like that. But then KZ turns it up for round 4 and gets an amazing finish.

The sweeps, takedowns and strikes in the fight were amazing. I mean you had flying knees, bodylock takedowns, takedown via leg catch, deadly uppercuts from the clinch, triangle attempts, reversals... everything was in that fight

Time to add Submission of the Year to that sig. KZ officially got the SOTY from ESPN.. if you didnt know

Hmm interesting.... I could have swore I saw a thread on here about Rousey winning that... she wasn't even the runner-up. Well time to update the sig, thanks dude

would have been better if he wont the FOTy which is totally ridiculous that he didnt win... I hope he gets the accolade from other organization

Vaner/Lauzon should have been FOTY. It was a back n Forth war. Not a one sided beat down.

would have been better if he wont the FOTy which is totally ridiculous that he didnt win... I hope he gets the accolade from other organization

Yeah honestly I think he should have gotten FOTY with Poirer and SOTY to someone else. The submission was beautiful and a great end to an amazing fight, but there have been more unique submissions. Not gonna complain though lol.

No, you're wrong, and if you can't see that then i feel sorry for you.

Condit vs GSP was nothing compared to KZ vs Poirier, nothing, and even though ESPN gave it to Condit vs GSP, to hardcore fans KZ vs Poirier OR Lauzon vs Varner won it.

I'm wrong because I accept that someone has an opinion different than mine? LMAO

No need to feel sorry for me, I can live with people liking different things than me.

Name them.

Fights within this year only.

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
Evan Dunham def. Nik Lentz
Cub Swanson def. George Roop
Lavar Johnson def. Joey Beltran
Matthew Riddle vs. Henry Martinez
Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Jake Ellenberger def. Diego Sanchez
T.J. Dillashaw def. Walel Watson
Ivan Menjivar def. John Albert

that is 10 fights in the ufc's first 5 events, and the ufc held another 27 events.
Plus there is BFC, IFC, and SF. I think invicta fc 3 alone had half a dozen more exciting fights than gsp vs condit

I'm wrong because I accept that someone has an opinion different than mine? LMAO

No need to feel sorry for me, I can live with people liking different things than me.

You are not wrong you can like whatever you want... beauty of capitalism.. but your weird

Yeah honestly I think he should have gotten FOTY with Poirer and SOTY to someone else. The submission was beautiful and a great end to an amazing fight, but there have been more unique submissions. Not gonna complain though lol.

They probably knew they were robbing KZ for the FOTY so they just gave KZ the SOTY. They knew they had to give kz something for that performance

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
Evan Dunham def. Nik Lentz
Cub Swanson def. George Roop
Lavar Johnson def. Joey Beltran
Matthew Riddle vs. Henry Martinez
Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Jake Ellenberger def. Diego Sanchez
T.J. Dillashaw def. Walel Watson
Ivan Menjivar def. John Albert

that is 10 fights in the ufc's first 5 events, and the ufc held another 27 events.
Plus there is BFC, IFC, and SF. I think invicta fc 3 alone had half a dozen more exciting fights than gsp vs condit

one sided beatdowns like Johnson/Beltran and Dillashaw/Watson aren't great fights.

that was fight of the year

espn's coverage is what it is - poor - if you want to go on that, you'll prob be disappointed a lot

Vaner/Lauzon should have been FOTY. It was a back n Forth war. Not a one sided beat down.

As I've said before, KZ vs Poirier was not one sided, KZ pushed pace but Poirier was a soldier he gained some confidence in the 3rd round even though he lost that round still.

Anyways just looking at in terms of exciting factor it doesn't even come close just go watch it again. You can't ask more from a fight than the KZ vs Poirier fight. JLau vs Varner might have been more one sided but in terms of entertainment not even close. IF you think otherwise you are also fucking weird

Back