Rumored Korean Zombie still having vision problems? Korean speakers get in here!

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
Based on these 2 videos, it seems like Korean Zombie is still having vision problems. Both videos are in Korean, so can someone who speaks Korean summarizes what was actually said in the videos?

Credit to both @DeeDubb and @Wormwood for the translations. Also, thanks Jen!
During the test in the second video, he says he can't see with his left eye when they are moving the stuff on the right side, he couldn't see anything on the left side. He said he has two symptoms. Double vision, and something called "suppression symptoms," maybe "convergence insufficiency"? Some complicated eye thing. Maybe someone with more knowledge could explain. Both of those are going on simultaneously, which is causing severe problems.

He needs treatment for the suppression symptoms. If he doesn't get treatment, his vision will get worse, and he will become completely blind in one eye. He needs to wear glasses, and if the symptoms get worse, he needs to retire. The doctor recommended that he rehabilitates for six months.

His wife says he was planning to fight in September or October. Kzombie asked if he can do sparring to prepare for a match. That's when the doctor said if it was a family member or someone close, he would recommend never doing any fighting or even sparring ever again. If he continues to spar and fight, then future treatment won't help at all, because now is a very important period. So, if he keeps fighting, the double vision will become permanent or worse, he could become blind in his left eye.

Can you guys say "Thanks Jen!" to my fiance, because she doesn't give a shit about fighting, but she helped me translate
The subtitles in the first video are pretty spot on. The second video, without the subtitles, has been translated accurately above. I’ll just add that the doctor states the situation with KZ’s eye is that he will not even be able to correct the issue with lenses.. only glasses. The eye which had surgery is weaker than the other eye, and basically stops operating in a normal manner, resulting in only his good eye sending images to his brain. The doctor states if it gets any worse, the diagnosis to improve will not be good at all. As others have translated, the doctor tells KZ (when asked about being able to spar) if KZ was a loved one, he would tell KZ absolutely not. Not looking good. Haven’t seen anything new since the show aired here in Korea. Man...

Last edited:
The thing has subtitles ya goof

why the melodrama to announce the end of his career tho? This is FUCKED if true tho

Yeah but only the original, not the American remake. Hate when they do that shit.
Death At A Funeral is another one that did not need to be redone.
I just heard they're doing a remake of Enter the Dragon How fucked is that ?

The subtitles seem to indicate that he may have to retire because he is seeing double all the time, what the fuck

I just heard they're doing a remake of Enter the Dragon How fucked is that ?

ehh

When an old movie is redone it’s understandable but with OldBoy and DeathAtAFuneral the remakes were done not long after the originals. The felt they had to redo them to cater to the American audience, whatever the fu** that means. They butchered those movies which is a damn shame because the originals were brilliant.

Yeah but only the original, not the American remake. Hate when they do that shit.
Death At A Funeral is another one that did not need to be redone.

death at a funeral was a remake? I really liked it.

ehh

When an old movie is redone it’s understandable but with OldBoy and DeathAtAFuneral the remakes were done not long after the originals. The felt they had to redo them to cater to the American audience, whatever the fu** that means. They butchered those movies which is a damn shame because the originals were brilliant.
Yeah you really should need to get the blessing from whoever you're trying to bastardize something that's not really yours

I guess it can be somewhat beneficial if the remake is nearly better than the original as the case with Mad Max But it can tinge a reputation If You f it up bad

leave on a high note not a shit one

Last edited:
I really wanted to see him fight Ortega. I think at his best he would dice Ortega

With that said if hes having legitimate eye problems that wont subside and are inoperable... hell even if they are operable... How could I wish that upon anyone? That includes Alan Belcher, Bisping, Stipe, etc. If you're going to lose an eye or vision please STOP fighting

Then we have very different tastes my friend.
Doesn’t even come close to the original.

I remember watching some (~20 minutes) of the British Death at a funeral on tv and thought it was really good. So I borrowed the movie from a dvd place and it ended up being the American version (had no clue there was 2 versions) and I fucking hated it. haha.

I'll ask my fiance later, but from my pretty mediocre level of Korean, the end of the second video, the doctor recommends that he never spars again (If it were my family member, I'd tell them not to do it anymore), because there are two conditions going on? And I think she asks at the end if there's a surgery they could do, and he says they can.

However, this has been on YouTube for a couple of weeks already, and it probably aired on Korean TV before that, and I haven't heard anything, so who knows?

The auto-translate in the second video didn't make any fucking sense. Would be nice if someone could sum it up.

Edit: Appreciate the effort^^^

During the test in the second video, he says he can't see with his left eye when they are moving the stuff on the right side, he couldn't see anything on the left side. He said he has two symptoms. Double vision, and something called "suppression symptoms," maybe "convergence insufficiency"? Some complicated eye thing. Maybe someone with more knowledge could explain. Both of those are going on simultaneously, which is causing severe problems.

He needs treatment for the suppression symptoms. If he doesn't get treatment, his vision will get worse, and he will become completely blind in one eye. He needs to wear glasses, and if the symptoms get worse, he needs to retire. The doctor recommended that he rehabilitates for six months.

His wife says he was planning to fight in September or October. Kzombie asked if he can do sparring to prepare for a match. That's when the doctor said if it was a family member or someone close, he would recommend never doing any fighting or even sparring ever again. If he continues to spar and fight, then future treatment won't help at all, because now is a very important period. So, if he keeps fighting, the double vision will become permanent or worse, he could become blind in his left eye.

Can you guys say "Thanks Jen!" to my fiance, because she doesn't give a shit about fighting, but she helped me translate

Last edited:
Damn. I feel like he was about to beat Ortega & then win the belt next year.

I guess Ortega lucks out & gets an easier fight. Maybe he fights Yair or Zabit if Yair ducks. He may need to fight an up & comer like Arnold Allen or maybe Ryan Hall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back