Korean Zombie Says Yair’s Elbow Was NOT Lucky - It Was Skill

Zombie is a class act, and I hope he will be champion sometime this year!

Also, when asked he didn’t just sit back the last 10-15 seconds and coast to a win, KZ replied “that’s not my style.” I’m not embarrassed I got KO’d because I was going for the win.. if I got KO’d retreating, I would have been embarrassed.
5sIATAE.gif

I can’t think of another instance of Dana wearing an MMA fighter’s shirt, let alone on multiple occasions.

F6DC6E9A-9528-4804-8093-6DC04CA5D110.jpeg B9E9BC60-1405-4DF8-A4E4-AAA67BF892D2.jpeg

It was skill because it's something he trained. But you still have to be very lucky to land it. Overemphasized by the fact that yair was losing the fight and could only win with a ko or sub and it happened with seconds left that KZ could have just defended. But he instead got lured by yair into putting on a show for the fans, by brawling, when really yair wanted to brawl so he had a shot at a ko knowing he would lose otherwise. It was definately KZ fault, but I honestly dont remember seeing yair throw it on any other occasions or the announcers mentioning him throwing it.

Did you analyze it yourself or is it because that's exactly what he said in the video?

when Yair kept wanting to hug during the fight, he thought, I can’t just punch him when he’s trying to hug me....so he hugged back!

Fucks sake Zombie...You lost the fight because of that shit.

I didn’t cliff the whole video, but KZ mentions he doesn’t like when the word “luck” is applied to mma... that being said, he goes on to say that there is a little luck that goes into every strike that lands in mma..
Well yeah you make an educated guess but you gamble that your Opponent will move the way you think he is gonna move. There are no lucky shots unless they are all lucky.

Dude is a class act. And he has one of the most exciting styles in the UFC. Can’t root against the guy.

and maybe he finally pulled the Masvidal and turned that corner in his career.

We'll see where both men go in 2020, could be either a very promising year for them in terms of title aspirations, or it could just be another time when they looked great for a while then fell short in the big moment (I'm more confident about this happening to Masvidal than KZ, KZ really looks primed)

Hope he understands he absolutely can punch a guy trying to hug him. Maybe wave it off the first time he refuses, if he wants to be classy. But that was Yair's way of taking a break when he needed one.

Also, when asked he didn’t just sit back the last 10-15 seconds and coast to a win, KZ replied “that’s not my style.” I’m not embarrassed I got KO’d because I was going for the win.. if I got KO’d retreating, I would have been embarrassed.

What a fucking warrior

Zombie's hands look 10X better after doing his camps in America

I fucking love KZ.

Dude is so genuine.

Can't think of anybody that would hate on KZ, such a class act and entertaining fighter. Hope he gets the belt soon

That is badass. Very Wanderlei esque

Did you analyze it yourself or is it because that's exactly what he said in the video?
Hope he understands he absolutely can punch a guy trying to hug him. Maybe wave it off the first time he refuses, if he wants to be classy. But that was Yair's way of taking a break when he needed one.
he said he won’t be hugging anyone in future fights...

I think when people say lucky what they mean is it landed with 1 second left in a 5 rd fight, the timing of it is incredibly fortuitous. If they rematched, I would favour KZ but Yair did win fair & square. Love KZ, hope he gets a title shot or wins the belt, classy guy too (plenty of fighters on the losing end of a fight would've claimed it was luck or a fluke)

What is there to analyze? He obviously practiced it, or KZ was lying and it is pretty obvious that it was a really low percentage of success being based on the positions both fighters are. The defender has to be exactly in the right position for it to land. The fighter throwing it also has to be in a position that he is very vulnerable in. The baiting kz was pretty evident by his actions and the timing of them. His corner also said he needed a finish to win between rounds. Yair was doing a lot of hugging etc as KZ said in the video. Kz also said he had threw it several times before. I assume KZ is being truthful so..

Back