Korean Zombie - "I will not be ready to fight at UFC on Fuel TV 8/Japan."

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Korean Zombie/Chan Sung Jung

I really wanted to fight at the UFC Japan event but my injury is still not healed completely and it seems I will have to push my comeback date even further back. Actually I am not even sure if I will be ready to train by January. I want to come back as soon as possible. My goal for next year is of course to become the UFC Featherweight Champion.

That sucks, but I guess better safe than sorry. Can't wait to watch this guy fight again. War Zombie!

He's awesome! Worth the wait, but look forward to his return.

He fought Poirier injured. He really is a hard-worker and deserves the fanbase he has built for himself in the last year. I hope they win fight of the year.

really strange to see a healthy kz fight and dominate as such and then what feels like many years since we seen him :(

Didn't even knew he was injured. Well, since Siver is already scheduled to fight, I think that if Siver wins his next one against Swanson, they could possible make Siver/Jung as to determine the next contender. I really like both, Siver and Jung, so it's really tough for me to say who is higher up right now. Siver is on a roll right now (yet very underrated for some dubios reason), but Korean Zombie is more prooven at FW, and frankly, deserved a shot already after beating Poirier. Well, if he indeed was injured back then, at least it makes sense he didn't got the shot. Still, not the biggest fan of Edgar getting Aldo after 2 consecutive losses.

Damn! He had that surgery in July, hope hes back 100% soon.

I got a feeling the long layoff is gonna effect him bad when he finally gets back into the octagon. The UFC is gonna have to give him a "tune up" fight if they want him to continue is winning streak otherwise I see him falling to ring rust if they give him a top 5 opponent right away.

War to the Zombie.

Can't wait to see him back in there.

Back