Korean Zombie: "I want to beat Jose Aldo more than I want to beat Frankie Edgar"

KZ isn't ready for Aldo... Not even close.

The Poirier fight was impressive as hell yes.. I was on the edge of my seat rooting for KZ during that fight BUT... other then that I haven't seen anything in his recent career that would really suggest to me that he's ready for an opponent like Aldo.

He beat Hominick (whose now 1-4 in the UFC) in seven seconds... but one punch finishers tell you very little about how two men really stack up against each other. We all learned that from JDS vs Cain 2 and it has been shown to be true time and time again in this sport.

And then before that he beat Garcia which doesn't impress me in the least. And he even lost to Garcia just a year before that.. where in 2010 he didn't taste victory even once. 2010 was NOT that long ago...

KZ needs to fight the Siver/Swanson winner or the Lamas/Koch winner first. It will only benefit him, and further prepare him for Aldo, to get another win under his belt before taking on the best of the best.

No one is ready for Aldo but that doesn't mean KZ/Aldo shouldn't be made in the near future.

Oh and watching fights is better than fight finder.

i think KZ vs Aldo is closer than ppl think

Aldo is a beast period. but in the 5th rd in the Hominick fight, aldo actually gassed and hominick beat him in that rd

ufc129_11_aldo_vs_hominick_007_display_image.jpg

i think KZ mite outlast aldo. he has great durability and endurance and is well rounded

Aldo won the first 4 rounds and was not himself in that fight. We all know he wasnt healthy. No other fight has Aldo gone for as many takedowns and he was winning on the feet. He went for a takedown in the first 2 minutes of the first round - that just show she wasnt feeling right.

The only fight Aldo looked human in only 1 round was when he dropped his opponent 3 times and beat him up until an alien came out of his forehead.

KZ is the only human being in earth to make a close fight with Garcia (even losing it) and getting KTFO against George Roop.
How the hell can you say it's closer than people think looking back to those fights?
KZ will be the easiest opponent ever for Aldo.Edgar on another hand will be much tougher than people think imo.

Mark Hominick (no offense) is not the greatest FW fight for Aldo but he does have alot of heart. You should nvr count out a fighter with a big heart (ie KZ). its a very underrated asset. KZ improved alot since his KO loss to Roop

[QUOTE="Rush";78534825]Aldo won the first 4 rounds and was not himself in that fight. We all know he wasnt healthy. No other fight has Aldo gone for as many takedowns and he was winning on the feet. He went for a takedown in the first 2 minutes of the first round - that just show she wasnt feeling right.[/QUOTE]

Mark Hominicks biggest asset is tenacity. If Aldo isnt himself in the edgar fight, hes in for a long nite

coreanzombieko.gif

KZ isn't ready for Aldo... Not even close.

The Poirier fight was impressive as hell yes.. I was on the edge of my seat rooting for KZ during that fight BUT... other then that I haven't seen anything in his recent career that would really suggest to me that he's ready for an opponent like Aldo.

He beat Hominick (whose now 1-4 in the UFC) in seven seconds... but one punch finishers tell you very little about how two men really stack up against each other. We all learned that from JDS vs Cain 2 and it has been shown to be true time and time again in this sport.

And then before that he beat Garcia which doesn't impress me in the least. And he even lost to Garcia just a year before that.. where in 2010 he didn't taste victory even once. 2010 was NOT that long ago...

KZ needs to fight the Siver/Swanson winner or the Lamas/Koch winner first. It will only benefit him, and further prepare him for Aldo, to get another win under his belt before taking on the best of the best.

The only people who thought KZ lost the first Garcia fight were the judges.

As far as i'm concerned, his only recent legit loss was against Roop.

Aldo is going to be very tough to beat, but im sure KZ is aware of that.
He is one of the most exciting fighters, and I love his attitude in that interview.
I hope he has a good recovery, and continues to be succesful in the Octagon.

Kz is only turning 25 this year and i think he will get that belt one day

KZ is one of my favorite fighters to watch so I am game to see him fight whomever. I love to hear fighters talk out how they see matches going and when they may occur. Helps fans understand.

KZ is probably improving his game at a pace greater than Aldo but I'd say he isn't there yet. We haven't seen either fighter peak.

This guy sweats charm and affability. Jon Jones should take notes.

Nice interview. Is his english that good or is the interview a translation from Korean?

This is why I love this dude. Too many fighters talk shit when there's a weight class, or injury between them to stay in the media spotlight. It's pretty cowardly IMO.

They're in the same weight class. KZ just said that cuz he was injured and wouldn't be able to take the fight.

i believe kz can beat both. it may be hard especially beating aldo but he has the tools to do it. the question is: is it too early for kz?

i believe kz can beat both. it may be hard especially beating aldo but he has the tools to do it. the question is: is it too early for kz?

ye i agree with u

itll be a tough fight for both fighters

and in the end the fans win by seeing an exciting fight

i think both aldo and edgar beat KZ very badly.

Back