Korean BBQ - have you tried it?

I heard its because all the dog fat the chinese use in the sauce.

haha only haters think that. the internet has birthed a new wave of food critics aka "foodies". pretty damned sure if motherfuckers were selling dogmeat or dog anything they'd be exposed in a hot minute.

This thread literally inspired me to grab some last night. Pretty good, but way overpriced. I used to live by an all you can eat place that would take a few years off my life every time I went from eating so much.

This thread literally inspired me to grab some last night. Pretty good, but way overpriced. I used to live by an all you can eat place that would take a few years off my life every time I went from eating so much.
1. Buy your own meat at Costco and a small grill.
2. Use lump.
3. ?
4. Profit

Most any food is peasant food, italian, French, Japanese, Indian, whatever. Same undeserved praise can go for any country's cuisine. It's just a matter of differences in preference and taste.
That’s a good point. It’s funny seeing how risotto is sold as fancy gourmet food even though it started off as something poor fishermen made. But then again, you won’t see me harping on about how amazing pigeon is.
I heard its because all the dog fat the chinese use in the sauce.

@Pugilistic can you confirm?

Korean bbq does not involve steak
It’s the pigeon fat if anything.

1. Buy your own meat at Costco and a small grill.
2. Use lump.
3. ?
4. Profit
Not quite. A lot of the meats are butchered or marinated a certain way. Plus I'm not spending the money it would take to get the variety you get at the restaurant.

That’s a good point. It’s funny seeing how risotto is sold as fancy gourmet food even though it started off as something poor fishermen made. But then again, you won’t see me harping on about how amazing pigeon is.

It’s the pigeon fat if anything.
Wait...what?

<{1-8}>

Not quite. A lot of the meats are butchered or marinated a certain way. Plus I'm not spending the money it would take to get the variety you get at the restaurant.
Ah, yes, I don't eat marinated meats at KBBQ joints. I'm happy with a few servings of chadol and/or got sal. And pork belly. And beef belly. Shoot, I need to go to an AYCE KBBQ joint.

I'm Korean and all the negative things being said about our people and our cuisine doesn't even bother me. I complain about Koreans a lot, myself, funny as that might sound. But I'll tell you this, once you're friends with them, they'll always be generous and will always make sure you never go hungry. You can have a fist fight with them one night and hang out with them the next. They're drunks, they're fighters, they're sensitive as fuck, but they respect their elders and value friendship and family. And for the Argentine guy that says our food sucks, fair enough. Nobody is forcing you to eat it. I for one think Korean food is amongst the tastiest in the world and I love pretty much every sort of cuisine. The endless amount of pickled side dish options is what really makes me love our cuisine. I accept the good and the bad. It's just a part of being Korean :)

Well as a korean guy who was born in Argentina and spent most of my life in Brazil...(and living in America)

1- The quality of the Argentinian meat is too darn good, yet most people eat leftovers(the economy...) like chinchulin, kidneys (actually pretty good) and so on...

2- Brazilians love quantity. Brazilian BBQ places in Brazil have YYUUUGE salad bars with lobster, pasta, palm hearts and vegetables and fruits you p[robably never heard about before.

3- Korean BBQ it's great but a lot of the stuff that comes with it need an acquired taste, like pork intestines. The experience of cooking the meat with friends is a great plus BTW

love KBBQ, hate the attitudes of many off the boat Koreans, though

i know it's mostly cultural, but if you go to a legit Korean restaurant patronized by only Koreans (not these modern tourist/happy hour/vegas type places ), they treat you differently if you are not specifically Korean and it's very obvious

and if you are an non-korean Asian, even worse for you

i am the last person to be a Politically correct type, but there have been countless times where ive gone to KBBQs (im white) with friends (mostly white with some non korean asians) and we've felt this way to the point of every single one of us brought it up as soon as we left the place

i know asians are generally not PC , but pretty much every single one of my non Korean Asian friends agrees that Koreans are the most openly biased against other asians.....they dont even try to hide it

despite all of this, the korean food is so good that it outweighs any negatives, we'll always to to our KBBQ spots

Well, as a friend (korean american) told me "you know what koreans hate more than people from other ethnicities? Other Asians"

Korean BBQ is straight trash. I live in LA and have tried it because I was told "It was, LIKE the best thing ever". The food and meat is pure trash and disgusting. Being Argentine, I know a thing or two about steak and the garbage they give you at Korean BBQ is peasant food.

Well, taking in account your soccer team , I wouldn't trust in you personal taste , pelotudo

(River> Boca)

Well, as a friend (korean american) told me "you know what koreans hate more than people from other ethnicities? Other Asians"

Well, taking in account your soccer team , I wouldn't trust in you personal taste , pelotudo

(River> Boca)

Relax, chino... relax!

Korean BBQ is straight trash. I live in LA and have tried it because I was told "It was, LIKE the best thing ever". The food and meat is pure trash and disgusting. Being Argentine, I know a thing or two about steak and the garbage they give you at Korean BBQ is peasant food.

Lol do you even Jeju black pork bro?

No.Koreans are so rare here, you can make a wish if you happen to see one.

I'm Korean and all the negative things being said about our people and our cuisine doesn't even bother me. I complain about Koreans a lot, myself, funny as that might sound. But I'll tell you this, once you're friends with them, they'll always be generous and will always make sure you never go hungry. You can have a fist fight with them one night and hang out with them the next. They're drunks, they're fighters, they're sensitive as fuck, but they respect their elders and value friendship and family. And for the Argentine guy that says our food sucks, fair enough. Nobody is forcing you to eat it. I for one think Korean food is amongst the tastiest in the world and I love pretty much every sort of cuisine. The endless amount of pickled side dish options is what really makes me love our cuisine. I accept the good and the bad. It's just a part of being Korean :)

i have a circle of korean (born in the states) friends as well, i agree....i've witnessed the korean "sensitivity" numerous times in NYC's K Town, lol
good and bad, there is a reason why Koreans are thriving here in the states....near every single korean person i know is generally successful

We actually treat japanese very well

what's up with that....my chinese friends mentioned that if you told a typical chinese girl that she "looks japanese", it would be taken as a huge compliment

Back