Koral's New Lightweight Gi V1

Nice gi and excellent review. I've been looking for a new gi recently. After reading the comments posted here and looking through all of the pics, I think I've found my next gi. Just sent an email to BJJProGear, regarding sizing. I'm 6'"1, 205 and am most likely going with an A3. Again, excellent review. Thanks.

So a question just popped into my head that i don't think was ever asked here. Obviously this Gi is lightweight (it's in the title :icon_lol:). Everyone is concerned with how much it actually weighs. This i assume is in the interest of weighing in a tournaments. What i am curious of is how lightweight is it in terms of holding in heat for summer training? i.e. how breathable is it?
I have a poo-poo, no name Judo single-weave jacket that weighs less than my Vulkan jacket, however it does not breath well compared to the Vulkan and is actually really hot. So you can see how the term lightweight could be a misnomer here.
With summer knocking on the door i have no concerns with actual Gi weight, i only care to have the best breathing and coolest temperature jacket possible.
If this has already been answered please forgive me. I haven't had my coffee today :icon_cry2

Thanks,
JD

Nice gi and excellent review. I've been looking for a new gi recently. After reading the comments posted here and looking through all of the pics, I think I've found my next gi. Just sent an email to BJJProGear, regarding sizing. I'm 6'"1, 205 and am most likely going with an A3. Again, excellent review. Thanks.

Sleeves will be short on you I believe. I am 6' 230 with not too long arms. I tried one on and the sleeves would not pass ibjjf standards i believe.

i just purchased an A1 from jjprogear. I am 5'8" and i weigh about 150 so according to the sizing info i was on the fence about choosing either a1 or a2. I Just received the gi today and the top fits nicely before washing but the pants are a little tight. That suprised me as i have a large upper body and pretty average legs imo. Also if the gi is gonna shrink i may have to just get an a2...:icon_neut. I really don't know, someone earlier said it would shrink 5% but on another forum i heard someone say that it was 100% pre-shrunk. On the tag it says "Runned up using the industrial process system for total shrunk top quality" I'm not sure exactly what that means i just don't want to wash it if it is gonna shrink. can anyone help?

i just purchased an A1 from jjprogear. I am 5'8" and i weigh about 150 so according to the sizing info i was on the fence about choosing either a1 or a2. I Just received the gi today and the top fits nicely before washing but the pants are a little tight. That suprised me as i have a large upper body and pretty average legs imo. Also if the gi is gonna shrink i may have to just get an a2...:icon_neut. I really don't know, someone earlier said it would shrink 5% but on another forum i heard someone say that it was 100% pre-shrunk. On the tag it says "Runned up using the industrial process system for total shrunk top quality" I'm not sure exactly what that means i just don't want to wash it if it is gonna shrink. can anyone help?

I found that the ultralight is smaller then their regular singles...i just competeted in ibjjf with an a1, and it was fine...but i tried on the ultralight and it was illegal by the sleeves...and if i washed it and it got smaller then it would be even worse.

that sucked, i wanted one...and a2 is too big

i am 5 9 and like 145 btw..

I found that the ultralight is smaller then their regular singles...i just competeted in ibjjf with an a1, and it was fine...but i tried on the ultralight and it was illegal by the sleeves...and if i washed it and it got smaller then it would be even worse.

that sucked, i wanted one...and a2 is too big

i am 5 9 and like 145 btw..

Weird..I find it is longer in arms and body..I cant wear A2 in normal koral..but i can in ulra-lite because of extra length

So a question just popped into my head that i don't think was ever asked here. Obviously this Gi is lightweight (it's in the title :icon_lol:). Everyone is concerned with how much it actually weighs. This i assume is in the interest of weighing in a tournaments. What i am curious of is how lightweight is it in terms of holding in heat for summer training? i.e. how breathable is it?
I have a poo-poo, no name Judo single-weave jacket that weighs less than my Vulkan jacket, however it does not breath well compared to the Vulkan and is actually really hot. So you can see how the term lightweight could be a misnomer here.
With summer knocking on the door i have no concerns with actual Gi weight, i only care to have the best breathing and coolest temperature jacket possible.
If this has already been answered please forgive me. I haven't had my coffee today :icon_cry2

Thanks,
JD

Bump for any comment on the heat or warmth of the Gi compared to others.

Thanks,
JD

^^It breathes very well..if you hold up the gi to a strong light you can see through it as there are tiny breaks in weave..hard to explain.

Mine is going strong.

^^It breathes very well..if you hold up the gi to a strong light you can see through it as there are tiny breaks in weave..hard to explain.

Mine is going strong.

This is good to hear. I was afraid that it was ultralight only in terms of weight. I am looking for something that is the coolest feeling Gi to wear for the summer and not be a piece of junk like the Vulkan.

JD

I agree the top breathes very well when it gets hot. I don't find the pants to be that comfortable especially when it starts getting full of sweat. Very dissapointed in the fit of the pants as they are not cut as athletically as the top.

The gi top is great. Really light but with a stiff colar. Its so much more comfortable than my vulkan or atama gold weave(especially when it gets hot). As Hack said, the pants aren't as comfortable as the top is though. They feel kind of course, whereas the top is much softer.

The gi top is great. Really light but with a stiff colar. Its so much more comfortable than my vulkan or atama gold weave(especially when it gets hot). As Hack said, the pants aren't as comfortable as the top is though. They feel kind of course, whereas the top is much softer.

Paired mine with the atama #7 pants..the ultimate summer guy and fully ripstoped..i just covered the atama logo with Koral patch.

The blue and black between companies match up perfect

Paired mine with the atama #7 pants..the ultimate summer guy and fully ripstoped..i just covered the atama logo with Koral patch.

The blue and black between companies match up perfect

I've been debating on whether or not to get just the atama #7 pants alone or try out the entire ultra lite atama. Then there's also the shoyoroll light gi coming out too. So many tough choices...

I've been debating on whether or not to get just the atama #7 pants alone or try out the entire ultra lite atama. Then there's also the shoyoroll light gi coming out too. So many tough choices...

I am in the same boat. Keep stopping myself from buying the Atama pants because it pisses me off to spend another $40. That basically means I dropped over $180 on a full gi which blows my mind. May end up using the Koral for the summer then selling on Ebay and buying the Atama 7 complete gi at that time.

i'm 6'2'' , 200-210 lbs. Should i go for the a3 or a4?

thanks!...i was worried the a3 would have short sleeves, and the pants too short and tight, guess i shouldnt worry.

thanks!...i was worried the a3 would have short sleeves, and the pants too short and tight, guess i shouldnt worry.

I am 6 2 and a lean 190 (I look much lighter)

I wear a 42L suit jacket, 17 inch neck, 34 waist, 34 pant length.

The A2 jacket in black and A3 pant fits me perfect (although I paired it with atama ripstop pants).

Granted I like my gis snug as I no longer compete just teach. The sleeves and skirt are a little short but fine for me and i have been told at academy how well it fits me.

So I think A3 will be good for you..you would be be swimmin in A4 for width as it can fit a 235lb'er. One think I have to say about pants, they are tight in upper thigh and crotch aea.

Great gi though..esp with atama #7 pants ; )

Back