Koral Kimono/Gi Light White review

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by kennacon, Sep 21, 2010.

1. kennacon

kennacon White Belt

has anyone tried this gi already? any feedbacks?

it says that it is made from Koral's exclusive 100% preshrunk Rip Stop cotton weave. im not sure what Rip Stop cotton weave is. can anyone help me?

2. Sir Tapsalot

Sir Tapsalot Orange Belt

It's a cotton fabric woven with a rip stop pattern, which basically is a fabric with a grid pattern woven into it, so that any tears hit the thread of the grid and stop there. It's a different fabric then the ripstop used on gi pants (or military/outdoors clothing), as it doesn't have that "waxy" feel.

I've got the white and blue Koral Light, really like them a lot. The white did shrink a bit on me, but no more then an inch, the blue stayed pretty much the same as it was out of the bag. Pants are good, but lack the extra layer of fabric normally added on the front of the pants. Collar's a bit on the thin side, but not uncomfortable in any way. I wear them as part of my normal rotation of gis, and in the 12 months I've had them, no tears or loose threads at all, so pretty hard wearing as well.

Personally, given the price of the Koral Classic on sites like JJProGear, I'd definitely go with the Light. Cheaper, lighter, but importantly, just as good quality.

James

3. LongVN

LongVN Blue Belt

I have a review on here in the G&E forum, just look

4. kennacon

kennacon White Belt

thank you very much for your feedback. another thing, can you recommend it as a competition gi? how's the cut by the way? is it the same as the regular Korals???

5. LongVN

LongVN Blue Belt

its a good legit competition gi, I've seen black belts wear it to make weight. Its cut is I think similar to a classic koral.

6. Sir Tapsalot

Sir Tapsalot Orange Belt

Cut is the same as the Classic. Personally I find the term "Comp gi" a marketing gimmick (aren't all gis comp gis if they meet the regulations?), but if weight's an issue, then it's a good gi for competitions. I've worn mine at 2 IBJJF comps with no issues. It's also great if you travel and want to bring a gi, as it's light and dries fast.

James

7. kennacon

kennacon White Belt

thank you very much for your feedbacks.

8. kennacon

kennacon White Belt

is this IBJJ approved?