Koral Gi white light question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by kennacon, Nov 3, 2010.

1. kennacon White Belt

hi guys, im planning to purchase a Koral gi light kimono, the one that has a rip stop cotton weave. any feedback from this gi? does it shrink a lot? i'm 5'4 about 135lbs. should i get an A0 or A1?

thanks in advance.

2. Sir Tapsalot Orange Belt

I like it a lot. I'm 5'6", 145lbs and wear an A1. It's advertised as pre-shrunk, but mine probably shrank about half an inch on the sleeves, meaning it's not legal for me to wear in comps (or very very borderline legal). I'd say get the A0, I think the A1 would be too baggy for you, even if it was the right length after a few washes. Speak with the store you're buying it from and see if they'll allow you to exchange if the gi doesn't fit.

James

3. tim18t Blue Belt

We're that same size, so I'd also say an A0

4. Rado Blue Belt

Go with a Koral Classic or MKM. A much nicer kimono IMO.

5. SUPERGRAPPLER Purple Belt

I really like this gi. Super light and very well constructed. I never get hot in the gi and the comfort is just amazing. They run a little big which is perfect for me since I have very wide shoulders and a large chest. Honestly I dont care for the super-tailored fit fashion gis so much anyways.

A+ for the Koral Light!:cool:

6. Rado Blue Belt

The Koral light is a good gi. What I don't like about it is that it stretches a lot during practice and specially rolling and because it is thinner it is much easier to grab.
    About being tailored, Koral is among one of the most tailored gi's, or what or which gi's are you referring to?

7. SUPERGRAPPLER Purple Belt

I dont think so. The Koral cut in A3 is roomy and there is a lot of material to it. For example the Keiko seemed much more tailored as did the Padilla and Sons gold weave. In fact when I wore A3 for each one it seemed like I was wearing my little brother's gi. Sure they are harder to grab onto and look more stylish but I prefer mobility. My Fushida is the best of both worlds being roomy, comfortable yet the material is hard to hold onto.

Again I absolutely love my Koral light. It dries so fast and just feels light as a feather. Just my .02. :D

8. Knock Out Ned el mero mero

You're going to want an A-0. Also, this gi doesn't shrink from my experience. I have this gi (in a A-0), and it is great. Light, durable, comfortable, the cut is great (a little roomy in the arms, but form fitting), and it dries in no time. I use it exclusively as my competition gi as well.

9. Rado Blue Belt

To each his own I guess.:)

In my experience the light stretches and loses a bit of the shape as you sweat and is much easier to grab than an MKM for example. But it is a great gi.

10. kennacon White Belt

thank you for all the feed backs. Also, i heard that white gis shrink more than colored gis, is this any true for Koral gis as well?

11. kennacon White Belt

@ Tim18t did it still shrink? im just worried that it might shrink too much that it wont be ibjj legal