Koral Gi size...

If you go with classic I'd go a size up if you're a skinny guy.

i'm 5'9" 162 lbs and the a2 (koral classic) fits great. awesome gi.

This was Jiu Jitsu ProGear's answer to my question on the difference between the Koral MKM and the Koral Classic:

Hi,

Aside from the patchwork, the MKM gis are cut to be (slightly) fitted than the classic kimonos.

-Adam, JJPG

Good luck!

Rodrigo Cavaca (6'4" 225) wears an A3.

well, that just answered me about whether I should do an A4 (at 6'1", 205 lbs). Damn that's a big guy to wear an A3.

Hillary, do you think that if you're doing competitions the MKM is worth buying? I have 2 older gis, both of which are not good for competition (one the sleeves are way too short and the other is - after 1 or 2 minutes in spiderguard - a stretched tent). I also have a newer light gi, which is good, but very easy to grip.

I'm trying out for ADCC (gi) and am thinking that this might be worth the investment.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty set on the Classic in black now.

Just FYI, this is me on the left wearing my A3 Fuji. My instructor on the right wearing a very old A2 Koral Classic. I don't know how old it is, but it's pretty beat up. It does look like it would be a little big on me. I have yet to try it on though. Maybe the cut is a little slimmer these days :)

41066_429583528767_610003767_5126081_5572073_n.jpg

If you go with classic I'd go a size up if you're a skinny guy.

I don't understand? I'm not a very skinny guy, just average build. But why would you want to get a size up if you are skinny?

I don't understand? I'm not a very skinny guy, just average build. But why would you want to get a size up if you are skinny?

What I think she meant is, if you're kind of at the taller end of the size chart, but still skinny (say one inch over, but well in the weight), you should go up a size.

I may be wrong, though.

I'm 6'1 and 170lbs, wear an A3, but there's lots of room in my Gi, the pants are perfect as I am skinny and have long limbs. The gi does leave room for people to grab a hold it though. It's easy to use to choke people though. After reading this thread I might try an A2 for fit next time.

A1 in classic is A1, A2 is A2, etc. MKM A1 is A1.5, A2 is A2.5, so I said if you were over the height chart on A2 the MKM A2 (doesn't shrink) is fine but you might want A3 in the Classic (shrinks a teeny bit).

For a 6'2" 185 guy, what size would he have to get in the classic/MKM?

I'm 6'1, 170 and the A2 fits well, think it would fit perfect if I gained 10-15lbs.

If you email JJprogear, you should get the best sizing advice.

I'm 6'1, 170 and the A2 fits well, think it would fit perfect if I gained 10-15lbs.

If you email JJprogear, you should get the best sizing advice.

Do you have the classic or MKM?

I have a koral light in a2 and the sleeves are too long for me. I am 5'8" 155. I wish I got an a1 :(

What are the pants like on it? Were they long enough, did they shrink?

They are the perfect length. If they were an inch shorter, they'd be bordering on illegal.

The pants and top do not shrink.

koral gi's do not shrink. i have an a2 mkm and im 5'9", 195 lbs

Back