Koral gi in the drier

A

AussieBJJ

Hey, this thread has probably already been done but i couldn't find one when i searched so....

i have a Koral MKM Competition gi and i am wondering that if i put it in the drier will it shrink, even though it is pre-shrunk?
i really want to take all precautions because it's my only gi and i can't afford another one if it shrinks.

Thanks in advance.

I have an MKM and I dry it at a regular setting. There was not noticeable shrinking.

The pants shrunk on my classic when I dried it. No noticable shrinkage on the kimono.

I say hang dry the pants - they dry quick anyhow.

i remember my friend accidently put my keiko raca in the drier and its pre-shrunk. it shrunk a lil, but i like it since the sleeves are shorter

minimal if any and like said above mostly in the pants. dry on a medium/light fabric setting. Its a main feature of koral gi's, might as well get the use.

I've contacted jiujitsuprogear to find out the correct size gi I should order. I am 5'8" and about 165lbs. They told me I should find somebody around my size who wears Koral. I have looked on so many forums and it seems to be 50/50 on the recommendation between A1/A2. Is there somebody out there who is really close to my size who wears Koral? I would really like to know before I order a gi. Thank You

I've contacted jiujitsuprogear to find out the correct size gi I should order. I am 5'8" and about 165lbs. They told me I should find somebody around my size who wears Koral. I have looked on so many forums and it seems to be 50/50 on the recommendation between A1/A2. Is there somebody out there who is really close to my size who wears Koral? I would really like to know before I order a gi. Thank You

I have the Classic (A1) and at 5'8", 145lbs it fits me like a glove. I'm not sure how your build is but I would be worried with an A1. I never put mine in the dryer and only wash with cold water. Here is a clip to a recent vid so you can get an idea of the fit for my body type.

I'm in the blue gi.

YouTube - Naga 8-16-08 Masters Gold Medal Gi Match

do not put the gi top in the dryer as it will shrink the collar --and your collar will shrivel and bunch up

happened to sum 1 i know---ruined his gi

I'm about 5' 8 3/4" and 165 lbs and got an A-2 Koral Classic (white) from Jiu Jitsu Progear.
I'm lucky that I live close to their store so I went in first to try one on but it fit well.

The sleeves of the Gi go to the bottom of my wrists when my hands are by my side and the pants go down to about a 1/2 inch above the top of my foot

I also hang dry my Gi after washing it on Perm Press cycle.

Hope that helps.

If you want a Vulkan we are doing a special on them..

Back