kofightgear thai pads?

igaboj

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was just wondering how much more stiff are kofightgear thai pads, than fairtex or twins thai pads

And how much softer are the KOFG x thicks than the standards?

thanks.

They are stiff the others are firm but none are stiffer than the KO's It took years for my Xlong to break in.

I have the XLongs myself and let me tell you something bud- these SOB's are hard as a brick and then some. But that's O.K cuz that's what you need to condition your shins.

I've had mine for almost 6-8 months and they are still stiff. But then again I really haven't used them that much.

i have them. they aren't that hard for me but i didn't like them. My problem was that the handle was kinda big. that pad is made for bigger guys. its hard to do quick pad work with it when the holder isn't that big.

A really hard pair of pads i bought were these thaimais one. i dunno whats wrong but kicking it was like kicking a brick. i guess there are so many bootlegs in thailand. i just got a freakishly hard one cause i had another thaismai pad that was normal

Thanks guys. Are the KOFG X-Thicks any softer than the standard pads?

Sarcasm? I wasn't complaining. I actually sold them on ebay and the buyer was surprised how hard it was still.

No,I know u were not,I got a pair of KO pads too(best ones that I own actually,others are wayyyy soft).

I was kinda making a sexual reference - xlong=schlong.Your last reference to ebay didnt help either......:icon_chee

No,I know u were not,I got a pair of KO pads too(best ones that I own actually,others are wayyyy soft).

I was kinda making a sexual reference - xlong=schlong.Your last reference to ebay didnt help either......:icon_chee

gross.....:D

are hard pads a north American thing, a few coaches i talk to feel soft is the way to truely condition your shins. as more of your shin gets the sting when sinking into the pad compared to just bruising the ridge of the shin.

mike - Gorilla Fight Gear!, MMA Supplies

actually from my trainers. soft pads help the shin the same way a bag helps it. The constant kicking is what hardens (deadens) the nerves. The hard pads help speed things along a bit as long as you don't get nasty shin bruises. Moderation is key for hard pads.

Back