KOd Stiff vs KOd Cold

I did not know someones temperature drops after being ko-ed.
Is there a special punching or kicking technique for that ?
And how far does the temperature drop in such a case ?

Lawler-Lindland type

Cold, then total stiffening, then leg adjustment

robbie.gif

He's also the reason there's a rule you can't throw opponents over the top of cage.

don't forget fishhooking against Oleg taktarov and grabbing the fence vs Paul varlens. I'm pretty sure both of those were illegal because of him also

How about the gunshot?
Abbott-Nelmark-2.gif

you know what's funny about tank Abbott he's got 3 KOs in his career and two of them happen to be the best knockouts of all time
I just don't see how anything can get more brutal than that. DUde looks like he is dead, with a broken kneck and a broken ACL.

How about the gunshot?
Abbott-Nelmark-2.gif

you know what's funny about tank Abbott he's got 3 KOs in his career and two of them happen to be the best knockouts of all time

Good work, I came here to post this exact GIF, still think its one of the most brutal UFC KO's.

Stiff is always a little more alarming initially, but if a body flops the right way after being ko’d cold you get some added “oh shit” to the moment you don’t get with a stiffy
Perfect synopsis mate

I view stiff as more damaging hands down, or hands up depending on how you look at it

Lawler-Lindland type

Cold, then total stiffening, then leg adjustment

robbie.gif
That leg adjustment is cute, it contrasts nicely with the brutal ko.

For me I love stiffies but stiff KO's concern me more, though really all KO's are really bad for the recipient.

Last edited:
Cold clearly cos that's what happens when someone stiff gets hit again on the ground

I'd say stiff is worse. Askren literally looked dead.

I'll always wonder how this fight would have gone had Anderson not acted like a total ass throughout. If he came in hungry like he did against Leben, I think he wrecks Weidman.
I wouldn’t be mad if they booked that shit right now. Either 185 or 205.

Stiff is worse. Out cold looks like they died, but KO'd stiff looks like they died and are experiencing instant rigor mortis.

I wouldn’t be mad if they booked that shit right now. Either 185 or 205.

You mean Anderson vs Weidman 3? Yeah, I think we're at a point where it's appropriate and reasonable to do #3.

Ko'd stiff if more viscerally shocking imo.

Out cold and limp, often they just look like they're taking a nice nap.

You mean Anderson vs Weidman 3? Yeah, I think we're at a point where it's appropriate and reasonable to do #3.
Yeah, Anderson-Weidman 3. It’s been long enough, and there’s some interesting factors in that fight now. I wouldn’t mind seeing it booked again.

Yeah, Anderson-Weidman 3. It’s been long enough, and there’s some interesting factors in that fight now. I wouldn’t mind seeing it booked again.
Who do you think takes it this time around?

Back