Knuckle Dusters

MaxMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone carry brass knuckles? Years ago I bought a brass knuckle "belt buckle." I used to carry them everywhere. A lot of people on this forum will probably say they aren't that effective as self defense weapons and I tend to agree.

Most people don't know how to fight and probably would stand little better in a SD situation with brass knuckles than without.

I think it's a really cool weapon for skilled fighters though. I have serveral years of boxing experience and still train regulary and I can say that the amount of power you can put into this little weapon is tremendous.

The target area for your boxing is also expanded greatly. Anyone who has landed blows on someone bareknuckle knows that an Ill placed shot into an elbow, or the top of someones skull, or almost anywhere thats not soft tissue can wreck your fist and do almost no damage to your opponent.

The brass knuckles change all of that, shots to hard areas are still not preferred but you can wail away and you're going to be inflicting damage even if you land on less giving areas of the body.

Unfortunately my brass knuckles were stolen from me and I learned later on that they were highly illegal in my state even when they are being used as a "belt buckle." Lol

What are your experiences with this weapon?

Nope. They aren't illegal to own here but carrying or using them, even in sd is probably a bad idea.

Yeah they have a bad rap and scream "I was looking for a confrontation" to cops and a jury. They are also felonies in many states.

No go here in my state. They pretty much have everything covered under a dangerous weapons statute, but selectively enforce it. For example there are plenty of folks carrying Kubatons on their key chains, but “technically” it falls under the “martial arts weapon” category. If you tried carrying nunchucks though, you’d be detained relatively quickly.

Edit: If folks got Kubatons that look anything other than the original plain stick variety, like the ones with punching spikes on them, those will be confiscated as well.

Edit 2: Some guys I know have been adding a “can opener” to their key chains.
7D8B9EF4-2B61-4F80-9804-3D42C5BDAA21.jpeg

Last edited:
You could fucking kill somebody with a brass knuckle shot to the head.
If you really need him dead, just shoot the SOB.

No go here in my state. They pretty much have everything covered under a dangerous weapons statute, but selectively enforce it. For example there are plenty of folks carrying Kubatons on their key chains, but “technically” it falls under the “martial arts weapon” category. If you tried carrying nunchucks though, you’d be detained relatively quickly.

Edit: If folks got Kubatons that look anything other than the original plain stick variety, like the ones with punching spikes on them, those will be confiscated as well.

Edit 2: Some guys I know have been adding a “can opener” to their key chains.
View attachment 411669
I like the "key chain" idea. Thanks

Yeah they have a bad rap and scream "I was looking for a confrontation" to cops and a jury. They are also felonies in many states.
I realize they have a bad rap, I was more interested in people's thoughts on it's use as a melee weapon.
You could fucking kill somebody with a brass knuckle shot to the head.
If you really need him dead, just shoot the SOB.
Fair enough, and yeah you could kill someone but I would argue it's unlikely unless they slam their head on a hard surface after getting clipped.

How would this weapon fair in the hands of a skilled fighter against other types of melee weapons, multiple bro attackers etc.

I believe it to be highly versitile and effective in the right hands. Not to mention they can still be effective if the fight turns into a grappling confrontation.

Wear leather glove together to prevent broken fingers.

I carry one on me 24/7.

Should go well with some quick close ranged hammer fists (kinda like how you'd chip at ice with a pick). You can even throw it (at someone's face) or swing it around if you have it on a keychain.

Hope I'd never have to use it.
(1st post lol)

How about a good ol' roll of quarters? Not illegal, and handy if you need to park or go to Dave and Busters.

Instead of carry brass knuckles, why not a tactical pen? It has more than one function. It is an actual pen you can write with. You can stab people with it too.

And as they say, the Pen is mightier than the sword.

Instead of carry brass knuckles, why not a tactical pen? It has more than one function. It is an actual pen you can write with. You can stab people with it too.

And as they say, the Pen is mightier than the sword.

I'd probably prefer to K.O. an opponent...

Stabbing sounds too.....killy.....

Never do anything illegal.

images

Perhaps a couple of hammers as well.

Back