Knockout or Submission after Dazing Opponent

BJ Penns bread and butter finish as well.

Lesson 1. Don't jump to try and sub a guy who might have a better finishing sub game than you.

If I knock Maia down with strikes I am not leaping in to try and finish him with a sub. Just not a good idea.

for mir, no one thought he was nearly as good as nog on the ground - rogan was even yelling about it before the fight started - pretty sweet victory for mir, except he doesnt have much fan fare given his persnality

It really would just depend on fighter instinct at that point. Here are some dazing/dropping/rocking with strikes to submission finish.
donald-cerrone-vs-edson-barboza.gif

804214569.gif

paulo-thiago_mike-swick.gif

8_Josh_Burkman_vs._Jon_Fitch.gif

Gotta love this thread, a bunch of people who have never fought talking about what they would do or should do. Nobody here can fight.

brah I'm 6'4 245 lbs shredded I'm way too big to "stun" somebody, if i hit you, you're out man, you're out.
This^, we of a different breed, the 6'5+ 250+ club checking in and subs are just running up the score after we already knock out dude. If the opponent was somehow only dazed though, Id go for a flurry because many times the ref stops it early or just sees a flurry and calls it. Remember Nog going for the sub on a zombie Mir and somehow Mir wound up subbing Nog somehow.

Going for punches much safer as it is more judge friendly, even if you don't finish it looks more dominant.

Its risky going for Subs, which I why i regard it higher.

Cerrone is the master at this.

Gotta love this thread, a bunch of people who have never fought talking about what they would do or should do. Nobody here can fight.

^ This. Im sure it doesn't apply to everyone but im sure the majority doesn't

Alphatine.

Nog failed to channel his inner midget.

Back