knees to head on ground or downward elbow?

knee's... punish those half ass take down attempts into turtles.

knees would punish or prevent guys clinging to an ankle while remained down, to avoid shots after a failed tda.

But overwhelmingly knees would help dominant wrestlers who are good at passing guard as it would give them a huge tool to finish.

Not allowing knees for that type of wrestler (Coleman, GSP, etc) would be like telling a striker like Anderson he could only punch a guy on the ground and not while standing.

j7rl6s.jpg

colemanknees.gif

I say make changes to both.

First make a simple change to the definintion of a downed opponent so that a guy having two feet on the floor and one had is no longer considared down. No more monkey crawl or puting a hand down in the clitch.

12-6 elbows should be allowed save for 12-6 elbows to the face of a fighter with is back on the mat. The reason for this is 12-6 elbows can generate a lot of force and could cause some serious damage to an eye.

But overwhelmingly knees would help dominant wrestlers who are good at passing guard as it would give them a huge tool to finish.

This is true, but unfortunately the fact is now, having them illegal negatively impacts wrestlers the least, making it overall an advantageous situation for them

At least if they are legal, everyone benefits in different ways. And 1D wrestlers are punished as they should, multi-dimensional wrestlers benefit.

Yea, but the downward elbow thing has too many gray areas, because it can always be argued that it wasn't exactly 12-6, it was 11-7 or 1-8 or whatever.

I don't think 12-6 was meant to be taken literally, but meant to address downward elbows like what Travis threw at Barnett.
Now everyone argues them literally.

But more important than the knees or the elbows, is to address blows to the back of the head.
Refs just let them go. And fans say 'he was losing anyway', which does not address the safety concern.

I personally think the 6-12 elbow rule is supposed to be in reference to the person throwing its body, but yes for some reason it is called literally in reference to the ground. If you watch UFC8 and Gary Goodrich's debut to me that is a perfect example of 6-12 elbows. But I think the rule is silly, no one has ever had an injury related to those elbows and people talking eye injuries are straight talking out their asses.

Even though i think the rule is silly outside of Jones i don't recall it really ever being called and effecting the outcome of the fight. No downed knees seriously changed the whole game, the elbow rule did not so to me its less important.

As far as shots to the back of the head, that is already a rule. While i don't disagree that enforcement of the rule has always been lacking it really has no place in a discussion of banned techniques being allowed back in, unless you think they should allow shots to the back of the head, but thats not the impression i get from your post.

knees would punish or prevent guys clinging to an ankle while remained down, to avoid shots after a failed tda.

Not allowing knees for that type of wrestler (Coleman, GSP, etc) would be like telling a striker like Anderson he could only punch a guy on the ground and not while standing.

j7rl6s.jpg

colemanknees.gif

To me Marks finish of Igor was pure bullshit. Pride rules would move fighters away from the ropes so the ropes didn't become a weapon. Yet for some reason when Igor got pinned in the corner like that they just let it go. It seemed very strange to me at the time.

knees to the head.

but i'd settle for soccer kicks lol

Knees to head,
Gives wrestlers an unfair advantage as the rule stands IMO

Knees easily. If a downward elbow strikes your eye, odds are you might go blind in that eye. Downward elbow strikes crush everything in their path. Knees don't.

But if the same elbow has a 5

the 3 point rule has been abused to all hell and there's really no reason for it. Hell, if knees to the head were allowed I think GSP would have finished almost every single fighter he faced.

downward elbows, well supposedly one perfectly landed can blind you. Go figure Jones switched to using his fingers instead.

*waits*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back