Knee pain question

pattyb

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been having knee pain lately and I am wondering if it's serious or just age catching up with me.

It hurts on the right side of my knee cap (looking down at the knee). there is a area around there that I can push on and it will hurt. If I sit indian style for awhile it will get stiff as hell and take a few minutes to get back to normal. Also hurts in the morning sometimes.

I was wondering if anyone else suffers the same problem in the same general area. I know I need to go to the doc but I've been avoiding it.

my biggest concern is that i need surgery. maybe it's just arthiritus. Any thoughts suggestions.

Ps: I didn't "injure" it. It just seems to get worse and worse over time. No swelling however.

thanks!

Get an MRI or take some time off until doesnt hurt, if it doesnt get better GO SEE THE DOCTOR...kool moe dee

Well...you could rub some of the Colonel's fried chicken on it-I've heard reports that it can make the sick walk again...

OR you could go see a doctor.

Seriously, all bad humor aside, go see a doctor. I knew cop I grappled with several years ago had to have surgery on his knee (I think his MCL was messed up)-oh yeah, he was in his mid-30s by the way, and literally they just used lasers to do surgery on his knee and he only had like, a few little pin prick sized scars on his knee you could barely see.

The surgery was such a success that he was back to rolling again in a few weeks. He has continued to progress as a grappler (he had the surgery when he was a blue) and last I heard he was a brown belt now.

Well the pain could be anything, it couldnt even just be a pinched nerve but the locking up when you sit could be a torn meniscus.

Since you said it wasnt an injury but just got progressively worse you should get an MRI.

Back