Knee misalignment

Johnnyscans

White Belt
Reaction score
Long story short my knee doesn't track right, clicks (not loud or popping) when i bend it fully, and KILLS when i squat. I've had this problem for a while, but after taking a few weeks off my regular routine due to injury, it's hurting more than ever.

My old athletic trainer (HS football) told me that i needed to strength my inner and outer thighs, since one was overpowering the other, pulling my knee out of alignment (or at least something along those lines, it was a while ago)

Anyone have any similar problems: pain in one knee when squatting, poorly tracking knee, or clicking, and were you able to do any specific exercises, plyometrics, or stretches to alleviate the pain. I want to start squatting again but this is just killing my motivation.

Sounds like you have patella tracking issues. There are a variety of reasons why this would happen. You should consult a doctor since you might need an x-ray to get it properly diagnosed.

clicking usually indicates a degeneration of the mesinsci, which are the pads that keep the end of your femur from rubbing against the end of your fibula. this sucks, you need to see a doctor, and if i were you i'd be taking fish oil supps, glutamine and chondroiten, and give your poor knees a rest for and extended period.

like i said, see your doc, and expect that is this is what's wrong that you're not goignto be able to do some things. unlike bones, cartilage has very little bloody supply and it doesn't regenerate well at all.

:icon_sad: ugh, thats what i was afraid of, usually clicking is no good. I take fish oil and animal stak, so hopefully nutrient wise i'm ok.

this sucks. guess i'll be seeing a doc soon.

mqke sure you take gluta/chond. there are seriously some good, peer-reviewed studies linking it to connective tissue regeneration, and the sooner the better if i remember correctly.

i won't lie and tell you the results are amazing, but they are something, whcih is better than nothing (i feel like billy preston).

i have an A and P professor who claims you can make your own cap's by baking down the connective tissue from your food, but who knows, this guy eats like 10 vikes a day.

My knee makes the awesomest exploding pop sound when I pass parallel. no pain though.

Sounds like you have patella tracking issues. There are a variety of reasons why this would happen. You should consult a doctor since you might need an x-ray to get it properly diagnosed.

What he said.

It sounds very much like patella maltracking, which can quite likely be corrected with a different lift selection or basic physical therapy. Bite the bullet, get them checked out, and do what the nice doctors tell you to. Good odds that you'll be squatting without pain or popping in the near future.

Long story short my knee doesn't track right, clicks (not loud or popping) when i bend it fully, and KILLS when i squat. I've had this problem for a while, but after taking a few weeks off my regular routine due to injury, it's hurting more than ever.

My old athletic trainer (HS football) told me that i needed to strength my inner and outer thighs, since one was overpowering the other, pulling my knee out of alignment (or at least something along those lines, it was a while ago)

Anyone have any similar problems: pain in one knee when squatting, poorly tracking knee, or clicking, and were you able to do any specific exercises, plyometrics, or stretches to alleviate the pain. I want to start squatting again but this is just killing my motivation.

Plyometrics to *alleviate* the pain?!???

Aye ye ye...

Back