Knee injuries, talk to me boys

Holy shit dude how did that happen?

I had a meniscus tear and I choose not to have surgery I just did physio and a specific strengthening program with a coach. I'm good although still hurts sometimes, no wonder since the torn meniscus is still there, but my lower body is a lot stronger than before the injury. Im far more stable too. I do Oly lifting, squats and hill sprints with minimal discomfort. I did quit judo but I was just too afraid to keep hurting myself.
Believe it or not it actually happened years ago from a ladder accident
But being the resident to Tough guy/sherdogger I never got checked out
Iced it up had a few weeks off and got right back to it
The year just gone it was really bothering me to the point people were noticing me limping, so I said Ah fuck it let’s see what it is
And here we are

You sound poor
If only you'd gone into electrics instead of carpentry
<{natewhut}>

I’m sure I’ve told you this but electricians in the north west don’t get paid dick
JOINERS are the best paid trade except maybe bricklayers but they have x amount of days off with the weather so unfair comparison

I’m sure I’ve told you this but electricians in the north west don’t get paid dick
JOINERS are the best paid trade except maybe bricklayers but they have x amount of days off with the weather so unfair comparison
Last you told me I think you were looking to move into site management.
Dodgy knee might be the perfect excuse to get off the tools and make the change.

I've been doing groundwork and demolition on a big extension for the past 2 months, was so nice to get my pouch back on and play with some wood this week.

And bricklayers round here have been charging 50p a brick/£1.20 a block, but they all walk like hunchback after 15 years on site.

And bricklayers round here have been charging 50p a brick/£1.20 a block, but they all walk like hunchback after 15 years on site.

hahahaha oh yes mate, they are all cavemen!
Yeah that desk jobs never looked better just never a good time to drop money and gain hours
Got a lot of thinking to do sadly

I've had three knee surgeries and the two I I took the time to heal with went great the other one took me a couple years to stay feeling right. I caught a leg kick a year and a half ago and sprained my acl,mcl and pcl and my knee hasn't been the same since

hahahaha oh yes mate, they are all cavemen!
Yeah that desk jobs never looked better just never a good time to drop money and gain hours
Got a lot of thinking to do sadly
But you get to spend at least 30 hours a week being paid to surf Sherdog, and paid holiday & sick.

I tore my right knee up while training for a kickboxing bout & had surgery to repair the damage. It wasn't super successful as I blew it out while running a few years later & I had to have it reconstructed. They had to put it back with titanium screws & now it's stiff & hurts like a bastard quite often. But I'm used to it.
"Kickboxing bout" huh

My brother in law is on the mend from a blown out knee. Ruptured the Patella tendon and had to have it surgically repaired a second time after tripping on his dog during recovery. The second time they had to use a cadaver tendon.

Doc says he's looking at a lifetime of arthritic pain since it was his "bad" knee that has had multiple MCL issues from football. He's coming along though. Slowly but surely. He's too young to retire from the FD just yet.

im no athlete but I work literally on my knees most of the day so...
giphy.gif

have had both knees scoped from injuries incurred on the pro ski circuit.

was it worth it? no

Why do you say that?
I’m actively looking to not have anything done and just be a cripple the rest of my life

These messages about knee pain (and other types of torture) are brutal and horrifying.

Tore my MCL back last year in May...

At this moment in time it's at about 90% back to normal..

Still can't do certain movements to well, but getting there.

Have only been able to start working out again about a month ago, have not been able to start jogging yet and I really want to because I enjoy it..

But still have some PTSD when working out and stretching right now, fear of popping it all over again.

Some moves feel like it's about too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back