1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Knee injuries, talk to me boys

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by DarkneT, Feb 1, 2020.

1. DarkneT Khamzat sucks Platinum Member

Had an MRI last week
    Had the results today

conclusion taken straight from the paperwork

ACL tear
    Medial meniscus tear
    Old MCL sprain
    Joint effusion

Do I just shoot myself in the head or what?

anyone had the surgerys or know anyone who has, tell me your horror story’s or just tell me I’m a queer and to rub some dirt on it

Meeting with the doctor again to discuss options but I’m debating doing literally nothing because I fucking hate hospitals and I also hate being off work a month

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. Red Beard Red Belt

Knee ligaments weaken because of super AIDS. RIP TS.

3. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Don't write him off too soon. He could Magic it.

My kneecap floats to the side sometimes.
    Not painful, but such a weird, uncomfortable feeling.

4. Red Beard Red Belt

5. Cpt Migraine Never out of likes..

15 years ago i broke my everything..

Acl, mcl, meniscus.. i was skiing on snow blades.. ie usually skis have this automatic release.. snow blades did not..

The blade got stuck in ice/roots at maybe 30mph and i folded like a fucking knife.. broke my right knee in spectacular fashion and kept on rolling.. with nothing holding my knee in place and the added weight of the ski boot i did some more damage..

alcoholic ski doctor told me he'd tape it up and i was good to go.. swelled for 24 hours until size of a small melon..

They literally had to siphon parts out of my knee..

My surgery was very successful.. i'm far from an athlete but lifting, kb, boxing, ball sports etc is no problem at all..

That said i spent a lot of time on crutches, rehab etc.. only side effects are some scarring from the operation, a part of my lower leg that is numb from nerv damage and the knowledge that i got that ginger gene that makes me very hard to sedate..

Good luck..

Oh yeah.. i did rub a lot of dirt on it..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  6. PRIDEWASBETTER Whatever it takes Staff Member Senior Moderator

With the surgeries and proper rehab, you'll be fine in about 8 months or so.

7. Cole train Gold Belt

number two reason why i quit construction

though a month away from work sounds nice

think positively, a month at home reduces your chances of catching china virus

8. Peteyandjia Autumn Booth Staff Member Forum Administrator

Never been a better time to have a knee injury, thanks to recent breakthroughs in medical science.

Just fly down to South America, or Germany, & get yourself some cutting-edge stem cell treatments, & you should be all set in a jiffy.

You’re welcome

9. DarkneT Khamzat sucks Platinum Member

do you have the 100k to lend me dude

10. biscuitsbrah Red Belt

If you do your research and aggressively rehab it, you should be good to go sooner than you think

11. aunshi189 Brown Belt Platinum Member

Why did you have an MRI? Doctors can diagnose that shit just by wiggling it around these days.

12. JinKazama Silver Belt

My buddy injured it in bjj, I think it’s 6 month rehab? Sucks to be out that long for sure

13. DarkneT Khamzat sucks Platinum Member

Don’t know really, I wanted an x Ray because a few people had been in my ear saying it could be arthritis and he gave me the ‘wiggle’ and said we will do an MRI instead

14. General_Speckz Purple Belt

I've heard it can be a problem forever if your surgeon sucks, or based on some other random reason people aren't sure of.

15. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I tore my right knee up while training for a kickboxing bout & had surgery to repair the damage. It wasn't super successful as I blew it out while running a few years later & I had to have it reconstructed. They had to put it back with titanium screws & now it's stiff & hurts like a bastard quite often. But I'm used to it.

16. aerius Silver Belt

I have all those injuries in one of my knees minus the joint effusion. This was a quite a while ago when surgery wasn't as good. Doc gave me a couple choices, do the surgery and my knee would be almost good as new, BUT, there was a very good chance that I'd need another surgery to replace everything by the time I was 50-60. Or just let it heal as best as it can and then rehab & physio, I'll never have full stability in my knee but it'll be good enough to do almost all the stuff I want to do, and I won't need my knee opened up again.

I chose to skip the surgery. I can't wrestle or play contact sports like football which require cutbacks and sudden direction changes, but I can still kickbox and do Muay Thai just fine. My kicks on one side aren't as solid since the support leg isn't as stable, but other than that everything's fine. There's no pain, I have full range of movement, I can still play hockey, soccer, and basketball on a recreational level, running is fine as long as I pay attention to my stride mechanics, and pretty much everything is decent. I just can't jump as high, sprint as fast, or make hard cuts while running.

17. spin Gold Belt

as is tradition

18. ShackleMeNot Brown Belt

I blew out my acl in 2014 skateboarding. Had no insurance at the time so I just hoped for the best. 2 years later I moved out of state and got on Medicaid until I found a job with a health plan.

Had no acl at that point, got a hamstring graft surgery. 6 months of physical therapy, was skating again after 9 months. Still gets sore once in awhile, but otherwise good

19. ralphc1 Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I've had both knees replaced. Best thing I ever did. Just find a good surgeon.

20. Squintz Silver Belt

You think those machines pay for themselves?