Klitschko would flatten Lesnar in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRainSong

Purple Belt
Reaction score
LOL take it with a grain of a salt as it's obviously biased (Although not all of it is entirely false)

BBC - 606 - - A71291487 - Klitschko would flatten Lesnar in one

I decided to tune into UFC 116 to find out what the fuss was about headlined by UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar. I will say I found the whole card quite entertaining. Some plus points

+ All fights were almost 50/50 no apparent mismatches
+ Presentation of broadcast
+ Enjoyed how they showed the fighters talking about the opponent with a highlight reel before both entered the arena (something boxing could learn off)
+ Overall good promotion & fan friendly

However the problem I found is, most fighters were absolutely shattered after about 5 mins the cardio was terrible, which made me wonder are these guys just part time fighters??

For those who didnt see it the main event 2 big guys Carwin v Lesnar for the title, the challenger Carwin battered Lesnar for the first round with his fists and without doubt would of won if he didnt blow him self out after just 1 round. Now no doubt about it Carwin is a big strong kid but lets be honest his boxing skills look average at best and his not the fastest you would even say ponderous, yet he had Lesnar absolutely shellshocked hurt,backing off and rolled in a shell for some respite. Unfortunately Carwin after 3 mins was blowing out of his backside as though he'd been 15 rounds with Rocky Marciano.

Which leads me on too if Klitschko (either) were to face Lesnar in a UFC match I'd make them favourite after seeing the world champ on sat. Simply because they'd knock Lesnar straight out who hasnt got a clue how to fend punches off. Now I know many will say well if Lesnar took Klitschko to the ground it would be over I agree, however I just cant see that being the case the fight starts standing up and Klitschko can read the distance well and I'd see Lesnar getting shook up before he could even think about rushing them. In all an entertaining bill, however was disappointed with the lack of cardio and skill level by many who are believed to be full time athletes.

lesnar would take wlad or vitali down. its as simple as that

LOL take it with a grain of a salt as it's obviously biased (Although not all of it is entirely false)

I decided to tune into UFC 116 to find out what the fuss was about headlined by UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar. I will say I found the whole card quite entertaining. Some plus points

+ Enjoyed how they showed the fighters talking about the opponent with a highlight reel before both entered the arena (something boxing could learn off)

However the problem I found is, most fighters were absolutely shattered after about 5 mins the cardio was terrible, which made me wonder are these guys just part time fighters??

For those who didnt see it the main event 2 big guys Carwin v Lesnar for the title, the challenger Carwin battered Lesnar for the first round with his fists and without doubt would of won if he didnt blow him self out after just 1 round. Now no doubt about it Carwin is a big strong kid but lets be honest his boxing skills look average at best and his not the fastest you would even say ponderous, yet he had Lesnar absolutely shellshocked hurt,backing off and rolled in a shell for some respite. Unfortunately Carwin after 3 mins was blowing out of his backside as though he'd been 15 rounds with Rocky Marciano.

Which leads me on too if Klitschko (either) were to face Lesnar in a UFC match I'd make them favourite after seeing the world champ on sat. Simply because they'd knock Lesnar straight out who hasnt got a clue how to fend punches off. Now I know many will say well if Lesnar took Klitschko to the ground it would be over I agree, however I just cant see that being the case the fight starts standing up and Klitschko can read the distance well and I'd see Lesnar getting shook up before he could even think about rushing them. In all an entertaining bill, however was disappointed with the lack of cardio and skill level by many who are believed to be full time athletes.

The sad part is that Carwin isn't even a full time athlete.
The dude works as an engineer to supplement his meager $40,000 per fight UFC salary.

As for the whole "Klitschko would flatten Lesnar" bit, that's just a huge can of worms that I'm not even going to bother commenting on.
In fact, there was huge thread about the abysmal cardio/boxing skills displayed in Saturday's fight.
As expected, it degenerated into a "Boxing vs MMA" fest 8 pages in.

A boxer who has trained his entire life to perfect his striking being able to out strike a wrestler who has only been training striking for a few years? Who'da thought!

MMA fighters will never be as good as boxers when striking that should be obvious. Unless they cross over from boxing most MMA fighters dont have a striking background and have to balance their training alongside learning, wreslting, Bjj and kick boxing. Theres no way a MMA fighter could match a boxer.

As for cardio wrestling takes more out of you than striking. Although Brock and Carwin were a complete embarrassment but thats UFC hype for you.

For the love of fucking God please close this motherfucking thread

There is another thread about this but you are correct. The showing was pitiful at best. They looked like amateurs out there in terms of stamina and really showed how over rated Brock's chin was. If someone with stamina and heavy hands can manage to get through the first couple of minutes with Brock, he is as good as gone... Carwin unfortunately had nothing in the gas tank after 3 minutes...

There is another thread about this but you are correct. The showing was pitiful at best. They looked like amateurs out there in terms of stamina and really showed how over rated Brock's chin was. If someone with stamina and heavy hands can manage to get through the first couple of minutes with Brock, he is as good as gone... Carwin unfortunately had nothing in the gas tank after 3 minutes...

I think alotta the posters on the Heavies underestimate the boxer's cardio. While adding grappling to the mix undoubtedly puts more taxes to your body, 30-36 minutes of boxing is no joke either and top boxers can get through it fine. Most MMA fighters also do not have the cardio to deal with 15-25 minutes of an MMA match with grappling involved, in fact a good # of them can't even get past the first without almost dying. Hell Carwin is a good example, on Saturday night the man became a corpse after one round of punching downwards for christ's sake.

I think alotta the posters on the Heavies underestimate the boxer's cardio. While adding grappling to the mix undoubtedly puts more taxes to your body, 30-36 minutes of boxing is no joke either and top boxers can get through it fine. Most MMA fighters also do not have the cardio to deal with 15-25 minutes of an MMA match with cardio involved, in fact a good # of them can't even get past the first without almost dying. Hell Carwin is a good example, on Saturday night the man became a corpse after one round on punching downwards for christ's sake.

He couldn't even manage with gravity helping him..... :icon_lol:

The only reason Carwin could tee off on Brock like that was because Brock couldn't take him down in the first round. Carwin is an accomplished wrestler. Brock's not stupid. He would take Klitschko down right after the bell rings.

I already asked it in a different thread, but do you really believe that Carwin has a full-time job next to MMA? If so, he must think now "Damn, maybe I could've beaten him, if...."

Does anyone have some sort of proof that Shane is working full-time?

For the love of fucking God please close this motherfucking thread

Yeah, there's already plenty of stupid threads about Lesnar and Shane Carwin in the Heavyweights forum already; take this $#!t over there where it belongs:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sugar-shane-beat-brock-like-he-rodney-king-1265085/

23i8h74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back