Klitschko vs Usyk

This where you become disingenuous

I don't think you even believe that
What was he doing then? you think he wasn't aware of the expectation on him?

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruiz-on-mandatory-usyk-he-look-good--143543

Champ Andy Ruiz's thoughts on Usyks heavy debut.

“He’s a great fighter and boxer. I didn’t think he looked too good in his first fight [at heavyweight],” said Ruiz. “I didn’t think he carried his power too much for someone who hasn’t fought for so long. I’m not discrediting the guy he beat, of course, but I think he could have done a lot better. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion … After I win Dec. 7, of course we’ll give him an opportunity to take one of my belts.”

What was he doing then? you think he wasn't aware of the expectation on him?
He is surely aware. I just don't think he cares. He might even trolled a bit.

Guys rarely throw all they have. That's a rookie mistake.

Don't take much from it.

I've gotten the better of people in sparring who could shut me out in their sleep...or ko me in a real bout

It's intriguing and probably a good sign, i guess?

Exactly.

I used to work on my weaknesses or tighten up technically like my blocking or fighting off the ropes and getting cornered.

The thing is I did that with guys I could destroy hence me using them the way I did.

Sparring means nothing unless someones getting clearly outclassed because you don't know how much the better guy is just practicing rather than going all out.

For e.g in this case Klitz would be wary about taking damage in the run up to the fight, he's not caring about needing to defeat Usyk.

I think you're ignoring the supposed quality of the 2 fighters. I think you know it too. Usyk looked flat against a guy who was b level almost a decade ago.
He looked flat, how? He didnt get touched and he battered his opponent.

What else did you want or expect him to do? A Wilder or AJ knockout?

The fight legitimately told us nothing.

Not a surprise.

The HW division was a division I never took too seriously. You could literally find a bunch of drunks from a bar given them gloves, put them in a championship fight and at any given moment they could become the HW champion.

Eric Molina is a high school music teacher. Dominic Brezeale used to play college basketball. The barrier to entry is very low.

So when a guy like Usyk shows up, and starts flashing his hand speed, all of a sudden the HWs need to mentally re-calibrate. They must be thinking to themselves "Wow, we've never seen this before!". Who could blame them? How many HWs can throw more than a 2 punch combination? I know Wilder definitely can't. I've seen enough of his fights to know he can only throw a 1-2 an a counter left hook.

So Klitschko, used to fighting stiffs, finally gets in there with someone that has handspeed and movement and has no idea what's going on.

He looked flat, how? He didnt get touched and he battered his opponent.

What else did you want or expect him to do? A Wilder or AJ knockout?

The fight legitimately told us nothing.
Again, ignoring the guy he had in front of him. It told us a lot. It confirms for one, that he has 0 power. It confirmed that he still needs a good 3 or 4 rounds to get the workrate going, even against a guy who offered him little. I think thats a pretty big deal for the +200 division.

Again, ignoring the guy he had in front of him. It told us a lot. It confirms for one, that he has 0 power. It confirmed that he still needs a good 3 or 4 rounds to get the workrate going, even against a guy who offered him little. I think thats a pretty big deal for the +200 division.
How the fuck is taking 20 or so punches and getting an early finish, for a guy not known for power at CW, a knock on him? Did you predict him to get a KO within 2-3 rounds? If so, thats your fault for having silly expectations. He literally did everything you could ask of someone going up and fighting a no name like they usually do. Zero damage, got a finish.

Usyk isnt a puncher and isnt reckless. Hes going to get his rhythm going before he lets it fly. Anyone who has watched him would already know that.

But of course, I dont know why Im either bothering. Your “opinion” on him wont change regardless of what he does.

He is surely aware. I just don't think he cares. He might even trolled a bit.

Guys rarely throw all they have. That's a rookie mistake.
Yeah, this is getting close to the classic "he looked bad on purpose" line I've been waiting for.

Yeah, this is getting close to the classic "he looked bad on purpose" line I've been waiting for.
Tell us what looked bad. Give me specifics.

He didn't look bad though.

Lol.

I've been clear with my criticism. Slow starter, no power, etc.
So nothing in particular we didnt already know, yet hes still been one of the most dominant CW’s of all time? Gotcha. Thats what I thought.

TIL Usyk beat Biev twice in the Ammies

usyk must be the most basic southpaw ever. he being as dominant shows how weak the heaviest classes are in technique right now

I didn't think Usyk looked particularly impressive vs Chazz. He's a good boxer, but the lack of power at HW will hinder him IMO. People thinking he'd beat Wlad? I just can't see it. He doesn't have the firepower to keep Wlad timid. I think Wlad would handle him fairly easily, similar to how he dealt with other fast, smaller fighters with good skill like Byrd, Chambers, Haye etc.

usyk must be the most basic southpaw ever. he being as dominant shows how weak the heaviest classes are in technique right now
How is he basic? He's got one of the best jabs in boxing, supreme footwork for his size and he cuts angles as well as almost anyone. He rarely throws fastballs....it's all changeups and curves until the time is right.

When he's at his best, he is truly one of the few fighters with real nuance in his game. I don't know what you're watching.

The only thing bad anyone can really say is his defense is prone to lapse....but it hasn't caught up to him yet.

TIL Usyk beat Biev twice in the Ammies

Pretty close fights, too.

I'd have a hard time imagining Usyk having much of a shot against either Klitschko.

Back