KJ Noons: I have two jobs and two kids!!!

Kj would fit in perfectly over at Bellator. He could get probably around the same base pay he does in the ufc on top of sponsorships. KJ is an exciting fighter but his best days are behind him. I think he can make more in Bellator. Plus he's friends with Scott Coker from his Strikeforce days.

They don't cut your check in half in you lose; they double your check (typically) if you win.

Huh?????

The UFC doesn't cut anyone's cheque in half for losing. They double it for winning. There is a HUUUUUUGE difference between the two.

Well in boxing you get paid the contracted amount and none of this whole you win you get the rest of your money.

If a boxer is fighting for 10,000 dollars then win or lose, he should get that amount. Its like your boss tells you that, if you have a bad shift, then you get half the amount of wages on that shift.

Awful system which both Brian Stann and Joe Rogan agreed that it needs to go since its kind of unprofessional.

He should do commercials for "Head and Shoulders" shampoo. Dudes got John Stamos quality hair.

Chris Lytle was a full time firefighter. Da fucks your problem?

Chris Lytle was a full time firefighter. Da fucks your problem?

I don't have a problem with him being a firefighter. That being said, I wonder how well and far Lytle could have gone if he was dedicated in the MMA full time.

Right now KJ has TWO freaking jobs because UFC pays sucks ass unless you have a mouth on you.

If a boxer is fighting for 10,000 dollars then win or lose, he should get that amount. Its like your boss tells you that, if you have a bad shift, then you get half the amount of wages on that shift.
No, it's not like that all.
It's like your boss telling you, if you have a good shift, then you get double the wages.

See the difference?
In your scenario the employee could potentially LOSE money. In my scenario the employee is guaranteed $xxxx with the chance to make twice as much.

Like KJ, you're misunderstanding how MMA wages work. That "extra" money is not guaranteed, it's a WIN BONUS

It's like your boss telling you, if you have a good shift, then you get double the wages.

See the difference?
In your scenario the employee could potentially LOSE money. In my scenario the employee is guaranteed $xxxx with the chance to make twice as much.

Like KJ, you're misunderstanding how MMA wages work. That "extra" money is not guaranteed, it's a WIN BONUS

The win bonus is an excuse to pay a shitty base salary. I'm usually pro zuffa all the way but they need to just pay one price, win or lose. Ko/sub of the night is cool

Never been a fan of K.J Noons. He was to EXC what Paige and Sage are to UFC, just to a lesser extent. They were pushing him so fucking hard and hyping him up so much, then boom KTFO by Crazy Horse and I never took him seriously since. (I admit he has good striking when he feels like engaging)

I don't have a problem with him being a firefighter. That being said, I wonder how well and far Lytle could have gone if he was dedicated in the MMA full time.

Right now KJ has TWO freaking jobs because UFC pays sucks ass unless you have a mouth on you.
KJ is 2-3-1 in the UFC, and went 3-4 in Strikeforce. He does not draw in any fans, and honestly has not been very good in quite awhile. While it sucks he has to work two jobs, and the UFC could should definitely pay more, KJ is not the poster boy for this.

OMG, 2 kids!!! My Grandad and grandma on my dads side had 15 kids and on my mas side it was 11. Back then you had to catch, kill or grow your own food to survive

First world problems KJ, gtf over yourself

I wouldn't brag about that.

Kj would fit in perfectly over at Bellator. He could get probably around the same base pay he does in the ufc on top of sponsorships. KJ is an exciting fighter but his best days are behind him. I think he can make more in Bellator. Plus he's friends with Scott Coker from his Strikeforce days.

Did you see his fight last night?

Bullshit, he works two jobs cause he sucks.

Mike Pyle a mid level aging fighter, who's never been a contender, made 166,000 dollars last night.

Noons pay is 31,000/31,000 stop acting like he's poor, drama queen

Dude's not meant to be a fighter and he proved it yesterday. Find another job, bro.

Noons used to get brought up quite often as one of the best boxers in UFC, but i don't think I ever enjoyed watching any of his fights or was impressed by him. Always ends up in sparring matches, and no matter how big of a step down in competition he receives he never manages to produce any meaningful offence.

I thought he fought quite embarrassingly, he didn't do anything for half the fight so he actually deserved to have his money halved.

Feijão was even worse, almost seemed like they wanted to get cut.... (tinfoil hat)

I thought he fought quite embarrassingly, he didn't do anything for half the fight so he actually deserved to have his money halved.

Feijão was even worse, almost seemed like they wanted to get cut.... (tinfoil hat)

Noons contract was 31/31, Bellator pays their HW champ 17.5/17.5. It's not like he's going to make a bunch more money. Especially after his recent performances.

Dont hate because youre an adopted orphan

Poor boy

The correlation between intelligence and number of children you have has been laid out for a long time.

Then again, the fact that you openly announce it and responded with an insult, thinking you were looking cool, is testament to this correlation.

See the difference?

The win bonus is an excuse to pay a shitty base salary. I'm usually pro zuffa all the way but they need to just pay one price, win or lose. Ko/sub of the night is cool

hmmmm, I just don't see it that way. The UFC brass are a pack of douchemonkeys that don't care about excuses to pay shitty salary is why. They just say they pay well regardless and own it.

But to your second point I'm all for them paying more while at the same time the fighters are well aware of their pay and the potential pay they could receive. I'm getting a bit sick of them whining about it. It's not a surprise pay system. Spend accordingly.

Back