KITTY PRYDE Movie from Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis

she's been a huge player for some time now and has lead the Xmen on numerous occasions.

In fact she is one of the most important mutants in the comic books.
My source material is somewhat dated. My collection goes from the 70's through 90's mainly. They tried making her a key player then too, I just never bought it.

Deep down Kitty Pryde’s powers always bothered me. Whenever she becomes intangible she should just drop into the Earth(she actually intentionally did this in a comic and found some secret base with colossus, but whatever) And it’s not like she’s keeping her soles solid, otherwise she couldn’t go thru walls, which she does—all the time.

I know it's a silly complaint, and you can say “it's just a movie, bruh”, but if that were the case why doesn’t Hawkeye just ‘super serious serious punch’ Thanos into oblivion. It’s just a movie, it doesn't have to make sense, right? Blah.

Anyway.

I would say they need to direct to tv or Netflix this, but hell, I wouldn’t have thought a Dr. Strange or Black Panther could be as big as they are.
She becomes weightless as well. That's why she can walk on air

She becomes weightless as well. That's why she can walk on air
Well it's gotta be more than that otherwise she wouldn't be able to move at all, just float there.

The bigger issue would be how does she breathe, but if we want to start breaking everything down Angel wouldn't actually keep himself aloft with his original wings, Cyclops eye beams are some kind of impossible cold fusion. Wolverine lacks the mass to regenerate himself and on and on

Gee whiz, can't wait for this and the eventual Jubilee movie, then their tie in

I dunno, even with Bendis I still don't see how Shadowcat is going to solo an entire film (as this 143 plot suggests). Or is it going to be played like a superpowered Predator where she's being stalked by this demon and has to outwit it?

Well it's gotta be more than that otherwise she wouldn't be able to move at all, just float there.

The bigger issue would be how does she breathe, but if we want to start breaking everything down Angel wouldn't actually keep himself aloft with his original wings, Cyclops eye beams are some kind of impossible cold fusion. Wolverine lacks the mass to regenerate himself and on and on
For cyclops, there's a theory the concussive blasts come from another dimension with his eyes being the portal to it.

I find it hard to believe this was a consolidation prize for him, in order to leave the Deadpool thing without killing the future sequels (with badmouthing Fox/Reynolds).
Was this a way for FOX to try to push him out? Like, give him something hard to work with so he'll leave, after the Reynolds/Deadpool thing? And Miller is like "Hold my beer".

Interested what comes out of it, even though i see this movie going the PC / SJW route.

For cyclops, there's a theory the concussive blasts come from another dimension with his eyes being the portal to it.
Lucky for him the dimensional portal is to that energy and not a toxic cloud or something, lol. Imagine if he shot swamp water out of his eyes instead

she's been a huge player for some time now and has lead the Xmen on numerous occasions.

In fact she is one of the most important mutants in the comic books.
Still a meh character IMO.

Best thing she's ever done was being shot into space.

Still a meh character IMO.

Best thing she's ever done was being shot into space.
What about lobotomizing Wolverine?
1148034-tht_what_if___wolverine_enemy_of_the_state_01___page_21_22.jpg

I always assumed she can just kind of levitate when intangible, like a secondary unconscious power when she's intangible that maybe could allow her to full on fly if she fully realized the ability, cause she drops when she wants and has even walked into the air before, so she has some sort of power to move herself that isn't reliant on actual physics to propel her
That's a good theory and makes a lot of sense. Now i'm wondering if she jumped from say the top of a house, could she then become intangible and use her power to levitate before she goes through the ground, thereby saving herself from getting stuck in the earth yet surviving a high fall uninjured? I'm overthinking this now, but i find it interesting.

There's a novel called Mr Murder in which one of the characters is a gentically engineered assassin. The healing factor he possess is played fairly realistically; while he can sustain massive damage, in order to heal he must consume vast amounts of food. Even when not healing from injuries or wounds, his metobalism runs extremely fast and he is almost constantly hungry.

There's a novel called Mr Murder in which one of the characters is a gentically engineered assassin. The healing factor he possess is played fairly realistically; while he can sustain massive damage, in order to heal he must consume vast amounts of food. Even when not healing from injuries or wounds, his metobalism runs extremely fast and he is almost constantly hungry.
similar thing with the Flash. Has to have a special diet to keep up with his massive metabolism.

Oh, just the Mutant movie we were all asking for!

The original flash TV show did the same thing, had to constantly eat.

Marvel just explained guys like Northstar and Quicksilver having insanely efficient metabolisms, using like 96% of what ever they consume.

Since we're talking realism, how come Superman doesn't slice Lois in three when he flies up to save her from that helicopter?

Why not get a writer that can actually write the X-Men? I'm assuming Bendis' involvement is dead since Bendis left Marvel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back