Kitchen Tips & Gadets, from the PN Team

Lmao. We actually have two of them right now. They are both pretty old, but I've been using them since they were new. One was from 2000 or 2001 and sucked from the onset. The other one is from like 1996, but I never really used it. I still don't use it unless I need to blend two things at once..

It isn't that it doesn't cut well. It just doesn't mix well. When you have liquid in the blender, it is supposed to form a vacuum and suck everything down in the middle, then push it out to the sides and back up. The blender just does a terrible job of sucking whatever into it. You have to jar it around a lot or put a spoon into it to force the stuff around. It also sucks at things like chopping oats.

There was one I used a few years back, when I was still in high school. The thing was awesome. I cannot remember what brand it was, though..

If you're not pinching pennies, go buy an oster and try it out :p

I just know I wouldn't buy another Oster blender, and I'm on the lookout for a new one as we speak. I need one that makes better milkshakes and smoothies..

Let me know how you get on

The more I research, the more I see recommendations toward braun blenders. Supposadly the MX2050 is a good blender for the price, and can be had for under $50. I'm going to see what we have locally, and probably buy from there. If they have one of these I'll just buy it.

If not, I'm going to go to costco and see what they are using to blend stuff up at the sample stands. Whatever they have there is probably pretty good. I've never noticed the guys having trouble with their blenders :D

The more I research, the more I see recommendations toward braun blenders. Supposadly the MX2050 is a good blender for the price, and can be had for under $50. I'm going to see what we have locally, and probably buy from there. If they have one of these I'll just buy it.

If not, I'm going to go to costco and see what they are using to blend stuff up at the sample stands. Whatever they have there is probably pretty good. I've never noticed the guys having trouble with their blenders :D

Definitely report back if you get something good and cheap from Costco. I love that place.

Braun 2050 powermax is consumer reports #1 rated blender for whatever thats worth. Seems like its great at crushing ice, even better than more expensive models.
Ill be ordering it in a few days so we'll see.

Back