Social Kings of the Grill (BBQ Discussion)

Roy D Rayge

SHOOPACABRA
@Green
Reaction score
Despite what's going on in the world today. Nothing is going to keep me from grillin' in the backyard on my 22" Weber charcoal grill and enjoying life with my family along with an assortment of meats and veggies. How about you?

- What's your preferred choice of Q'n? Is it Propane, Gas or Charcoal?
- Favorite types of meat, seafood and/or veggies?
- Favorite recipes?
- Favorite beverage and meat pairings?
- Share any tips or tricks you might have that could help others.
- Feel free to post up any of your BBQ related pics or video.
- Share any of your funny or not so funny BBQ related stories..."Now That's A Fire!" - Uncle Gus

Recently I started using a dry rub thats delicious and easy. Normally I marinate my meats for long periods of time, but this dry rub is quick and flavorful.

2 parts chili powder and 1 part finely ground coffee. Plus a punch of salt and pepper. Rub em up and let em sit for like an hour. So goddamn good for how easy it is. One of it's strengths is it makes all the flavors layered up, so nothing really gets overshadowed for one flavor or the other which is typical of marinades. Fantastic with steaks.

Recently I started using a dry rub thats delicious and easy. Normally I marinate my meats for long periods of time, but this dry rub is quick and flavorful.

2 parts chili powder and 1 part finely ground coffee. Plus a punch of salt and pepper. Rub em up and let em sit for like an hour. So goddamn good for how easy it is. One of it's strengths is it makes all the flavors layered up, so nothing really gets overshadowed for one flavor or the other which is typical of marinades. Fantastic with steaks.
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try it. For steaks, I'm usually just a salt and pepper type guy with a little onion and garlic powder. I usually only marinate or brine my chicken and pork.

Made a little porchetta on my rotisserie.

99l31VR_d.jpg

Damn that looks great! Bet it tasted even better.

It was fantastic. But it was pork belly so I ate until I felt like total shit and then didn't ever wanna look at it again.

I started to bbq fish alot more.
I mean I dont get out to the grocery store often, however its something that is fun for me.

BBQ Sardines or any whole fish

Despite what's going on in the world today. Nothing is going to keep me from grillin' in the backyard on my 22" Weber charcoal grill and enjoying life with my family along with an assortment of meats and veggies. How about you?

- What's your preferred choice of Q'n? Is it Propane, Gas or Charcoal?
- Favorite types of meat, seafood and/or veggies?
- Favorite recipes?
- Favorite beverage and meat pairings?
- Share any tips or tricks you might have that could help others.
- Feel free to post up any of your BBQ related pics or video.
- Share any of your funny or not so funny BBQ related stories..."Now That's A Fire!" - Uncle Gus
I love my Webster Kettle, but I love my Grilla Grills Silverbac even more!

Hoping to smoke a brisket this weekend!

As far as tips, there's just way too many to remember. My best advice is to spend some time on YouTube, and watch what the BBQ experts do. You'll learn SO MUCH from those guys!

I used charcoal in my tiny firepit and made s'mores. Does that count?

<{chips}>

I used charcoal in my tiny firepit and made s'mores. Does that count?

<{chips}>
It's a start. You'd prob be one of the first to go, if this COBIDS19 gets completely out of hand!

My favorite is marinating steak in yoshida and onion.

Brushing on sweet chilli sauce through out the rest of cooking process.

I've had gas grills for a few years since buying our first house but fell in love with barbecue between the few restaurants we have here and a trip to Florida last year.

I was looking at buying a pellet smoker this year in UK, but sadly we can't get the Grilla Grills I wanted, warranty support for Green Mountain isn't great here, and the Weber Smokefire though much anticipated turned out to be a dud.

I bought myself a 22 inch Weber kettle for my birthday back in Feb to satiate my need and realised charcoal for heat and wood for flavour is a winning combination.
Just finished cleaning the grates from this weekend's pork shoulder cook.

Thinking I'll buy a Kamado at the end of the summer since we won't be going away on holiday this year.

I use a Weber propane grill during the week.... efficiency is key

Weber kettle gets used on the weekend, especially if I'm going to take some time to go low and slow and smoke some meat.

Favorite cut of meat to grill.... Ribeye
Favorite cut of meat to smoke.... Pork shoulder

Secret tip:. If I don't have the time to smoke a pork shoulder all day or if the weather is shit, I will start the meat on the grill and smoke for two hours. Finish it off in the oven, tented over a pan of apple cider vinegar.

On my grill wish list.... A decent pellet smoker.

I started to bbq fish alot more.
I mean I dont get out to the grocery store often, however its something that is fun for me.

BBQ Sardines or any whole fish
I will often do mackerel or wahoo for fish dip.

I've had gas grills for a few years since buying our first house but fell in love with barbecue between the few restaurants we have here and a trip to Florida last year.

I was looking at buying a pellet smoker this year in UK, but sadly we can't get the Grilla Grills I wanted, warranty support for Green Mountain isn't great here, and the Weber Smokefire though much anticipated turned out to be a dud.

I bought myself a 22 inch Weber kettle for my birthday back in Feb to satiate my need and realised charcoal for heat and wood for flavour is a winning combination.
Just finished cleaning the grates from this weekend's pork shoulder cook.

Thinking I'll buy a Kamado at the end of the summer since we won't be going away on holiday this year.
Have you looked at Traegers? My stepmother raves about hers.

Have you looked at Traegers? My stepmother raves about hers.
Yeah I had a look at the Traegers, reviews on the lower end models was mixed and the Timberline over here are £1800 plus

I've really enjoyed using charcoal and wood chips though to be fair. The Weber kept its temperature for 6 hours before I had to add charcoal on Saturday.Screenshot_20200406-201512.png

Back