kings cup? prince's cup? and other tourneys...

dangermonkey

White Belt
Reaction score
hey boys. might represent my team in a tourney, still thinking about it. master mentioned that there's an upcoming amateur muay thai tournament in thailand this september, didn't catch the name though. he also mentioned king's cup in december. anyway, just wanted to know what level of competition there is there... some dude here mentioned that he had been to prince's cup in 2004 and he fought a pro fighter, which is weird because this is for amateurs...
just wanted to know if anybody has competed here, what to expect (in terms of opponents ages/nationalities/skill level/wieght, etc), and whatever else they want to share.
oh, and please, don't nobody be fucking smug and say search function or google or whatever.

peace.

dangermonkey said:
hey boys. might represent my team in a tourney, still thinking about it. master mentioned that there's an upcoming amateur muay thai tournament in thailand this september, didn't catch the name though. he also mentioned king's cup in december. anyway, just wanted to know what level of competition there is there... some dude here mentioned that he had been to prince's cup in 2004 and he fought a pro fighter, which is weird because this is for amateurs...
just wanted to know if anybody has competed here, what to expect (in terms of opponents ages/nationalities/skill level/wieght, etc), and whatever else they want to share.
oh, and please, don't nobody be fucking smug and say search function or google or whatever.

peace.
pm khun kao he is the one who was on the prince cup 2004,and i know he lost in finals against arslan magomedov-not just a pro fighter but a fighter who won decision against jwp

I could be way off here but I think the kings cup is part of a big celebration that goes on for several days in honor of the king's birthday. Pretty sure they have different events - a big tournament for the real pros - plus other other amateur fights as you mentioned. In theory they should be matching you up in those against people with comparable experience but in reality it's gotta tough to match up people from all over the world, with very different backgrounds. Which is I think how you end up with mismatches like the one lumpinee described above.

Back