Kingdom (MMA based TV Drama 2014-2017) is coming to Netflix July 1

Char Jawz

InvisiBelt
@red
Reaction score
https://ew.com/tv/netflix-kingdom-cast-reunion/

I have a feeling this criminally underrated show, Kingdom (not the Korean Zombie show of the same name, btw) will finally get it's due on Netflix. Rumors are going around they might bring it back for a season or 2 if the original series becomes a hit during it's Netflix rebirth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3673794/

MV5BZGU5NmE1YzItMTMxNy00NjA0LWFkMTUtYzA0NGE2YWFlYTM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDAwMDAwNA@@._V1_.jpg

If you haven't seen it you should check it out when it drops on July 1. You won't be disappointed.

Really good show. At first I figured ok its gonna be a really bad mma show like those movies with mma fighters in it from years ago but it was really good. Did capture the regional mma Cali scene and being a fighter coming up THe dude who played Jay was great and Grillo is a good actor.

Wish it got another season to really close things out the way they wanted.

https://ew.com/tv/netflix-kingdom-cast-reunion/

I have a feeling this criminally underrated show, Kingdom (not the Korean Zombie show of the same name, btw) will finally get it's due on Netflix. Rumors are going around they might bring it back for a season or 2 if the original series becomes a hit during it's Netflix rebirth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3673794/

MV5BZGU5NmE1YzItMTMxNy00NjA0LWFkMTUtYzA0NGE2YWFlYTM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDAwMDAwNA@@._V1_.jpg

If you haven't seen it you should check it out when it drops on July 1. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I've been wanting to see this show for years. Unfortunately at the time that it was originally on I had cable & couldn't access it. Then, by the time I moved to Arizona & got Direct TV satellite the show was long over. So, I'm excited to finally be able to watch it. I've heard that it's one of Frank Grillo's best roles.

Started off well, but the quality went down after a season or two don't remember exactly.
I thought it picked back up in the 3rd season. 2nd season was too drawn out at 20 episodes, compared to 10 each for seasons 1 and 3.

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I've been wanting to see this show for years. Unfortunately at the time that it was originally on I had cable & couldn't access it. Then, by the time I moved to Arizona & got Direct TV satellite the show was long over. So, I'm excited to finally be able to watch it. I've heard that it's one of Frank Grillo's best roles.

Nice, then you sir are the exact demographic I was trying to give heads up to. Here's hoping enough people watch to get a season or 2 added after the fact.

Frank Grillo is top notch in it, but Jonathan Tucker stole the show as his son, Jay.

Edit: Just realized you're a pro fighter too. Are you still fighting?

Last edited:
Nice, then you sir are the exact demographic I was trying to give heads up to. Here's hoping enough people watch to get a season or 2 added after the fact.

Frank Grillo is top notch in it, but Jonathan Tucker stole the show as his son, Jay.

Edit: Just realized you're a pro fighter too. Are you still fighting?

No, sir. I was a pro boxer & kickboxer who retired back in the stone age of the early '90s.

How about you?

Again, thanks for the heads up. It's a show that I'm definitely going to be binging on this weekend since there are no fights on.

Regarding Tucker, yeah, I can easily picture him in the role of a fighter. I've been watching him since he was in a show called THE BLACK DONNELLYS years ago. He's always very intense in his roles & he's built like a fighter.

No, sir. I was a pro boxer & kickboxer who retired back in the stone age of the early '90s.

How about you?

Again, thanks for the heads up. It's a show that I'm definitely going to be binging on this weekend since there are no fights on.

Regarding Tucker, yeah, I can easily picture him in the role of a fighter. I've been watching him since he was in a show called THE BLACK DONNELLYS years ago. He's always very intense in his roles & he's built like a fighter.
Right on man.

I'm not a fighter, I'm about to turn 50 this year. By the time I was a UFC fan, I was already in my mid 30's. I'm more of a stick and ball athlete. I still play in fairly competitive softball leagues, but that's about it. lol

I didn't realize Tucker was in The Black Donnellys. I remember that show getting critical acclaim back in the day. I'm gonna have to find somewhere to binge it. When that show was on, I wasn't watching as much TV.

Cheers, bro.

Right on man.

I'm not a fighter, I'm about to turn 50 this year. By the time I was a UFC fan, I was already in my mid 30's. I'm more of a stick and ball athlete. I still play in fairly competitive softball leagues, but that's about it. lol

I didn't realize Tucker was in The Black Donnellys. I remember that show getting critical acclaim back in the day. I'm gonna have to find somewhere to binge it. When that show was on, I wasn't watching as much TV.

Cheers, bro.

It did get a lot of critical acclaim & deservedly so. It was quite good. Unfortunately, its ratings weren't up to snuff & it got canceled after just the one season. But Tucker made an impression on me & I've enjoyed all his other work that I've seen. So, now that you've reminded me that he was in KINGDOM I'm looking forward to it even more than I was.

I'm in my mid-50s myself. Which is the "new 30" now, right? :D

Anyhow, I'll keep in touch & let you know what I think of the show once I've watched a couple-few episodes.

Have a great night.

Never had a chance to watch this before. I think it was always on some channel I didn’t have. Looking forward to it coming to Netflix.

Never had a chance to watch this before. I think it was always on some channel I didn’t have. Looking forward to it coming to Netflix.
Yeah, it was on "Audience Network"/DirecTV. About 100 people got to watch it. lol

I only watched it from finding it on a torrents site. Even then, it wasn't that easy to find all the episodes.

It did get a lot of critical acclaim & deservedly so. It was quite good. Unfortunately, its ratings weren't up to snuff & it got canceled after just the one season. But Tucker made an impression on me & I've enjoyed all his other work that I've seen. So, now that you've reminded me that he was in KINGDOM I'm looking forward to it even more than I was.

I'm in my mid-50s myself. Which is the "new 30" now, right? :D

Anyhow, I'll keep in touch & let you know what I think of the show once I've watched a couple-few episodes.

Have a great night.

Sweet. I have no doubts you'll enjoy it.

Just bumping this thread now that Kingdom is officially on Netflix as of 12am PST.

Good show. Would be interesting if they bring it back for another season after the way it ended.

Good show. Would be interesting if they bring it back for another season after the way it ended.

There's an interview with the Showrunner and a few of the stars on the first link in my original post, where they say they were kind of forced into the ending since it got cancelled. But he did say he has ideas for more seasons and all the actors seem to be on board if it happens.

I'm eight episodes deep into season one now & I'm loving it. It's everything I'd hoped it would be & then some. The performances are all top-notch, the direction is tight & I'm enjoying the writing. You can't ask much more of a show than that.

Grillo is great & Tucker does, indeed, often steal the show. Plus I'm pleasantly surprised by Jonas's acting. I was concerned about whether I'd be able to buy him as a fighter but I haven't had any problems with it at all. He really pulls it off well.

Oh, I forgot to mention the women. Joanna Going is terrific as the boy's mother & Kiele Sanchez does an awesome job in her role as well. Plus she, as always, looks fabulous. I've been a big fan of her's since she was on LOST.

Back