King of Debt Trump: "Who the Hell Cares?"

Thanks for all of the replies to my query. Sherbros always represent.

One of the M4A arguments is that people skip getting medical services because our current system with copays and high deductibles disincentivizes people from getting care. If this is true (and I think it clearly is), then there will be an increase in demand.

Add to that the fact that if every citizen (and "aspiring citizen"?) now had access to highly specialized labor that they previously had to (or would have had to) pay thousands of dollars for, per capita everyone would basically get thousands of extra dollars per year that they could spend on other things. If we all now have $11,000 more than we did last year because the government decided to print money to pay for our health insurance, would we not spend put spend that $11,000 in other industries?

But this is the key. Not going to the doctor doesn't save money, it costs money. Eventually you have to be seen for a critical health issue, and the longer you wait, the more severe the Health care remedy usually needs to be.

This is the difference between getting insulin and having your leg amputated.

Never mind the cost of now caring for a disabled person missing a leg.

As you point out though, that money being spent would go to other industries boosting government tax revenues.

So I don't see the problem here.

Atleast not until the US dollar is removed as the world's reserve currency, which in my book would be an absolute win.

As Jack says (and I trust he knows what he's talking about in this regard) we are a looong way away from that.

Well it gets particularly dangerous if Trump institutes his desired policy of negative immigration. Not just stopping most or all new immigrants but also driving out or sending back many more risking population shrink.

Growth is the key to surviving or thriving with debt. Growth's key component has always come from masses of new citizens (via birth and immigration) coming in at the low end of the economic spectrum and themselves growing into solid middle class tax payers.

Again China has that growth internally as they move masses from peasants to middle class. They have a long curve they can rely on and take on debt against. The US is long past that curve with declining birth rates and Trump pushing negative immigration.

In none of my posts am I trying to be for or against Immigration, I am however pointing out the danger of amassing debt while doing things that will slow growth.

Trump is reckless with debt and thus why he is arguably the single most failed businessman in American history when it comes to bankruptcies. He piles it on with reckless abandon while not understanding the things that will harm his future ability to pay it back.

In the case of the USA I simply do think he GAF if they pay it back. He could not care less if the US goes bankrupt as long as he feathers his bed. And that is because the super rich can do very well in mass downturns and corrections if they are in a buying position as everything crashes.

As you point out though, that money being spent would go to other industries boosting government tax revenues.

So I don't see the problem here.

Atleast not until the US dollar is removed as the world's reserve currency, which in my book would be an absolute win.

According to your theory the government can just print money to pay for things that benefit its people, so boosting government tax revenue would not be a good thing but rather an unnecessary hardship the government placed on people.

The problem is that if everyone suddenly has thousands more dollars than last year people will spend that money, which will cause suppliers to raise prices because their output has not increased fast enough to meet the increased demand, which will lead to shortages.

According to your theory the government can just print money to pay for things that benefit its people, so boosting government tax revenue would not be a good thing but rather an unnecessary hardship the government placed on people.

The problem is that if everyone suddenly has thousands more dollars than last year people will spend that money, which will cause suppliers to raise prices because their output has not increased fast enough to meet the increased demand, which will lead to shortages.

I hear you. Legit concern.

I don't think we live in that world anymore.

The vast majority of industry could turn up production in a couple of weeks.

It is demand that is constraining growth.

The debt/deficit will be a huge problem and severely limit the governments options when the next crisis hits. The next crisis will hit the US much harder because of it. But it will be the guy in office doing the cleanup that will get the blame, as usual.

I can eliminate the national debt in 8 years

- Deficit Donny

One of the M4A arguments is that people skip getting medical services because our current system with copays and high deductibles disincentivizes people from getting care. If this is true (and I think it clearly is), then there will be an increase in demand.

Add to that the fact that if every citizen (and "aspiring citizen"?) now had access to highly specialized labor that they previously had to (or would have had to) pay thousands of dollars for, per capita everyone would basically get thousands of extra dollars per year that they could spend on other things. If we all now have $11,000 more than we did last year because the government decided to print money to pay for our health insurance, would we not spend those thousands of dollars in other industries?
This. And people are forgetting a country’s economic strength is also tied to consumer spending. Poor and middle class people don’t typically hide their money in slush funds. They buy shit. Lots of shit. The shit the corporations push on us. What happens when people can’t afford the shit they’re selling?! I give two Fucks bout the deficit cause in practical TODAY reality the wages aren’t keeping up with inflation ( 15 bucks an hour should have happened years ago from what I’ve read by some ) and last I checked basically NOTHING is getting cheaper or not for too long till it goes up again even higher. Corps will forever raise prices tilll the whole barely raising wages till this ponzi scheme collapses. No amount of bullshitting will change that Logic. This idea ( fantasy ) of never ending quarterly /Annual profits of corps ALWAYS increasing ad infinitum will not stick with the reality of eventually , inevitably pricing out their consumers. It’s already happening. And no end is in sight. And tech increases will only make it worse. Everybody can’t code or have a trade . Actually Taco Bell will be automated. Already happening. AI will eventually change The Whole idea of production and need for workers in many industries. “ The economy is Doing great!!” For who exactly ? Cause I am a middle class govt worker with decent salary , college educated , not a frivolous spender and it’s fucking difficult at times to make it. I know I know . Some on here are great at investing and have their own biz and will retire with two houses paid off at 40. Good for you . And I know Americans are financially illiterate. But that’s designed. They could teach this shit in first grade but common core has to indoctrinate us to be good plebs. I believe In fiscal responsibility but goddamnit I know slot of people that didn’t do stupid shit economically who are fucking struggling . It’s more than “ their fault. Too bad so sad. “ and I know , I know ....I sound poor.

Last edited:
Hate having w both sides have undone their belts and are feasting. The economy is doing well, time to take away the stimulus.

It's not my theory. It's called modern monetary theory.

The truth is that believing in old ideas that have been completely debunked is the really odd idea.

I know this clown is banned, but anyone reading should be aware that he is badly misrepresenting what MMT (a kind of quackish economic theory) says. The claim is not that debt is completely irrelevant but that inflation is the constraint. MMTers would say that printing $30T-plus over 10 years would send inflation soaring.

I part ways with Trump and everyone else that is cool with this type of spending. Our problem is not tax revenues, but spending. We need to cut a ton from Defense by shutting down these ridiculous conflicts. We need to get rid of redundant weapon programs. We need to stop ordering billions in tanks, planes, and equipment that the Pentagon does not want, but a Congressional asshole that lives in the district where they are produced pushes for them.

We need to:

(1) Baseline the fucking budget.
(2) Cut 1% across the boards from all departments (likely even more from Defense)
(3) Repeat step #2 for 7 years.​

You do that, you will have a balanced budget and in year 8 we can actually start paying down the National Debt.

So Trump is building an economy through loans? In Romania it"s the same with the new liberal government unfortunately. The social-democrats here did well. These are puppets slaves.

He will get re-elected though, because the dollar is winning terrain. But weakening other states it"s easier to make stronger the dollar.

Did he really do so many good things for the Americans? Or just some good things and many are manipulated? Anyway, a 3rd mandate (I can speak from Romanian perspective with our presidents), he will not get without good job.

We should be spending down the debt because the economy is good. When your debt increases and your economy is good your fucking yourself.

This is a constant occurrence. Republicans bitch and moan about the deficit, come into power and make things worse. Followers do nothing

Back