King Mo to try out Boxing

mister barman i guess you never seen amateur boxing on your local level

bj penn or frankie edgar if they would be allowed to compete(they dont qualify theyve earned purses) would be able to win a local golden gloves no problem

I can't speak for Paul, but I have seen local amateur boxing. There are 140 lb amateurs at my gym who would wipe the floor with BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar. King Mo has only been training MMA for a few years, and his world class wrestling is why he wins, not his boxing. He's not a good boxer. In most regions, none of the 3 would win the novice division in the regional golden gloves.

That's as is of course. If they devoted their training to boxing they would do much better, but right now there are plenty of amateurs that can beat them.

Does anybody think his new attitude towards boxing and not using his wrestling had anything to do with his lost last night.

Last edited:
He needs kickboxing more than just boxing, at this point.

Here's a tip for King Mo: YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOU'RE HANDS UP!, not at waist level, at face level, if he can grasp ths concept, he'll do better in both mma and boxing.

mos conditioning sucks ass in mma, surprised so many ppl bought into his hype even after he gassed out in the first round against mousasi

Guys like Marcus Davis, Lytle, Noons, & Rogerio have all done pro boxing and it's helped them out, why the hell not?

Guys like Marcus Davis, Lytle, Noons, & Rogerio have all done pro boxing and it's helped them out, why the hell not?

many many other fighters have fought in pro and amateur boxing.

Belfort,Anderson Silva,Sakara and many others whose name are skippin me now.

Stephen Bonnar was a golden gloves champion at one point and hes not the best puncher in mma right now :wink:

In most regions, none of the 3 would win the novice division in the regional golden gloves.

Yet Bonner was able to? If you don't think BJ or Edgar would do well in an Amateur boxing circuit, you're delusional. Roach had nothing but praise for BJ's hands and Frankie trains with some of the best boxing and striking coaches in the NY/NJ area.

Yet Bonner was able to? If you don't think BJ or Edgar would do well in an Amateur boxing circuit, you're delusional. Roach had nothing but praise for BJ's hands and Frankie trains with some of the best boxing and striking coaches in the NY/NJ area.

Bonnar trained strictly boxing, had boxing matches going into the tournament, and fought in the least competitive division there is in amateur boxing.

... Roach had nothing but praise for BJ's hands and Frankie trains with some of the best boxing and striking coaches in the NY/NJ area.

I remember seein an interview with Roach in which he stated that if Arlovski went to boxing these days he'd be probably top 10. :D i think we all seen Andrei's last few fights.:icon_neut
And that comes from Roach ,one of the top trainers in boxing who trained with Andrei for quite some time.

Couldn't you at least do a google search to seem like you know what you're talking about?

I probably could but if you provide an answer for a question you can also do it in a more informative way:wink:

I probably could but if you provide an answer for a question you can also do it in a more informative way:wink:

No real point in continuing the discussion. You bring up Bonnar's amateur boxing background, yet didn't know his training background, his fighting background, nor did you know superheavyweight is one of the worst divisions in the sport.

Not to mention that Bonnar was in his mid-late 20's fighting fat high school kids in a TERRIBLE division.

LOL, congratulations Bonnar.

I'd like to see King Mo doing some boxing exhibitions.
He'd be a fun guy to watch and with his athleticism, I'm sure he can pick up some tricks.

Back