King Kong Ortiz vs Christian Hammer March 2nd co main to lara/castaño

hopefully it's against someone decent.

When will we see the day when Professional Boxing returns to Cuba ?

Ortiz probably gets a couple cheap fights before the next big one, and thr guy is just so old now, and if he is tested regularly and off PED's he will probably give a good account of himself (and experience for his opponent) before losing.

Shame we didn't seem him younger and clean. Definitely a smooth operator.

I respect the guy for staying busy and wanting fights but I hope its a quality opponent. Ortiz probably doesnt have long to get the biggest fights he can.

Ehh not terrible. Should be entertaining.

Bad matchmaking. After the devastating Wilder knockout loss Ortiz is only fighting tomato cans in hopes to secure a rematch with Wilder. His manager obviously sucks because I know King Kong would fight anyone. Ortiz isn't a young prospect. He might have one more year max to perform at the top and these kind of fights are completely pointless and a waste of time.

Bad matchmaking. After the devastating Wilder knockout loss Ortiz is only fighting tomato cans in hopes to secure a rematch with Wilder. His manager obviously sucks because I know King Kong would fight anyone. Ortiz isn't a young prospect. He might have one more year max to perform at the top and these kind of fights are completely pointless and a waste of time.
Well it's also getting people willing to fight him as well and it's hard when he's popped for steroids twice and everyone still thinks he's on them

Long known hes got a hard time getting fights. Low reward, high risk. Doesnt bring much for money.

Unlike the first 2, this one is ranked in the WBO atleast. He has no other way.
Well it's also getting people willing to fight him as well and it's hard when he's popped for steroids twice and everyone still thinks he's on them
yeah, but even so. Nobody wants to lose to an old fart.
Shanon Briggs was meme level famous in his comeback with his Lets Go Champ schtick, and it took him so long until a decent opponent, and could have brought more than decent money. But eventually pissed hot and got banned.

Unlike the first 2, this one is ranked in the WBO atleast. He has no other way.

yeah, but even so. Nobody wants to lose to an old fart.
Shanon Briggs was meme level famous in his comeback with his Lets Go Champ schtick, and it took him so long until a decent opponent, and could have brought more than decent money. But eventually pissed hot and got banned.
No one was afraid to lose to Briggs, Briggs just wasn't really serious about fighting and wasn't ranked and would've had to of done Vada testing for just about any name fighter, which he would've failed before they even got to fight.

Wladimir Klitschko is much more of a threat coming off retirement than Briggs and I promise you he won't have any issue making serious money or finding a serious opponent if he chooses to jump in that deep right away if he comes back.

Ortiz is a dirty fight and at least until he tires one of the most technical and dangerous fighters there is right now. You don't reward that type of guy with a big fight unless it does something for you, like get you a title or a title shot.

Back