King Kabuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
man that is the tightest picture of two boxers i have seen. got that in a wallpaper size?

oh and do you get tired of people calling you and and probing KK? It seems everyone is always trying to size you up on these forums just for giving advice.

Unfortunately no. Photos of Mike are pretty hard to come by, as he was one of the most avoided Fighters in Boxing History.

Because you don't just get out there and "go fight." That's how you end up fighting a guy who is 0-0 but was a World Games Champ who is a ringer, and is going to kick your ass bad.

Not that I don't appreciate your input on what I should do, but I'll continue to follow the guidance of a former 3-division World Champ on the matter.

now i didnt mean literally go out there and fight. I mean FIND somebody to possibly fight after you research them. you gotta start somewhere right?

so why not start looking for an oppenent?

oh and do you get tired of people calling you and and probing KK? It seems everyone is always trying to size you up on these forums just for giving advice.

lol I've started to regard it as a form of flattery. You know, if no one's hatin' you ain't doing it right. If they hate me enough to call me out, size me up, whatever. It means they care. Like Floyd when he insulted all the MMA Fans, he insured the DLH fight numbers went through the ceiling, and he did, and they did, and he laughed all the way to the bank.

now i didnt mean literally go out there and fight. I mean FIND somebody to possibly fight after you research them. you gotta start somewhere right?

so why not start looking for an oppenent?

Boxing's not like MMA. If a Promoter finds out you're on your own with no backing, you're getting fucked, no lube, no kiss. You don't find opponents, you find Promoters putting on Fight cards.

Mike is serving as a Manager now, and he has a guy whose cards he wants to put myself and Diego (the other kid who posts here who trains under him) on, but he says he wants us REFINED, definitely going to win impressively before getting there, because it's not a bottom-level card for $50 in a High School Gym.

I trust Mike, enough not to hassle him about it.

why would you necessarily get your ass kicked?

you say you spar and train alot with the pros. are you not confident in your ability?

why would you necessarily get your ass kicked?

you say you spar and train alot with the pros. are you not confident in your ability?

I'm puuuure garbage.

hey kabuki, just do some MMA, i hear you can get paid pretty well getting beat up every week, depending on the state you're in. Hell, i'd do it.

MMA is the most pick up and play combat sport on the earth, everyone wants to be an ULTIMATE FIGHTER. just bleed.

Actually that's not entirely untrue, MMA is definitely starting to establish the existence of the level that is "Professional Opponent."

But I'd rather get punched in the face then have some dude laying on top of me in missionary position. Nah mean?

grappling aint my cup o' tea either, but it seems some people just can't accept that.

My homeboy(who is an AVID mma fan) gets so mad everytime i tell him the striking in MMA is ridiculously subpar compared to the grappling. Anyway i'm getting off the subject here.

Keep playin playa'. :D

reminds me of Winky Wright

hey KK you should make videos like Kryllo and put em up on your Channel

or somthing like this guy
YouTube - tripleVVV3's Channel

you have tons of knowledge that you can share with us. i've always wanted to see you do your bag routine. i've tried it out once...it was tough but fun

KK sparring
YouTube - Sparrin'

i like his control and defense. it would be an honor to spar with KK

you're pretty good with timing that uppercut

man i miss sparring in my amateur boxing days, where the emphasis was on working techniques.

Now I'm training at an MMA gym where people have huge pissing contests when they spar. Just all out swinging and people getting hurt all the fucking time. I hate tough guys. Hopefully one day MMA will evolve into a more refined type of combat sport, i see it happening, but very slowly.

Oh well.

KK, are you the southpaw? if so, i would not want to fight you at 147 cause thats pretty tall

grappling aint my cup o' tea either, but it seems some people just can't accept that.

My homeboy(who is an AVID mma fan) gets so mad everytime i tell him the striking in MMA is ridiculously subpar compared to the grappling. Anyway i'm getting off the subject here.

Why would someone get mad at that? I'm an MMA fan over everything else, but I realize this. :icon_conf

KK, are you the southpaw? if so, i would not want to fight you at 147 cause thats pretty tall

Yeah I'm the Southpaw. That video was shot on our 3rd day of sparring in the week, and it was the first of 4 rounds, so it's kind of slow paced. We're going to have more that are full speed.

The guy I'm sparring is Diego, and on that slower day, he threw a shitload of punches. He's the typical Mexican fighter, can't pay him to back off, gets hit and don't care, won't stop punching. Count his punches, you'll see.

man i miss sparring in my amateur boxing days, where the emphasis was on working techniques.

Now I'm training at an MMA gym where people have huge pissing contests when they spar. Just all out swinging and people getting hurt all the fucking time. I hate tough guys. Hopefully one day MMA will evolve into a more refined type of combat sport, i see it happening, but very slowly.

And the coaches let this shit happen? Man you remember what happens in real Boxing Gyms when you cut wild and start what I call "swimming" (head-down, windmill punching), the other guy has full permission to put you in your place.

Said Ouali knocked out a couple guys for that in our Gym. He started lighting them up a little, their pride gets hurt, they start swimming, he turns up the heat. One guy's trainer gave him shit the next day, he complained his feet hurt. "You're feet can't be hurt, you wasn't on 'em."

you have tons of knowledge that you can share with us. i've always wanted to see you do your bag routine. i've tried it out once...it was tough but fun

I might at some point, but remember I don't govern my own training right now. It'd be more of a Mike McCallum training video than anything else. Wanna see what that's like? Here:

YouTube - Mike McCallum talks boxing, demonstrates techniques

The thing is grappling isn't what appeals to the fans.

It's the ground N pound baby and brawling.

brawling's lame; i rather see proper technique. that's why i love watching fighters like anderson silva.

Grappling basically created MMA in this country friend. Guys that want exclusive stand up can watch boxing or K-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back