News King Con to receive record fight purse upon return, Red Panty Night for Cowboy regardless.

Dude. Both Khabib and Conor get PPV points but bet your fucking house that Conor’s rate is higher. He ain’t stopping even remotely close to $5m.

Khabib's purse for Poirier was 6 million

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/sport/khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-242-trnd/index.html

350_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_yells_at_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...ive-record-fight-purse-on-his-octagon-return/

Conor : 5 millions dollars
Cerrone : 2 millions dollars

2 Interesting points in my opinion :

- if those numbers are true, and the UFC 242 numbers are true, then khabib would have get higher FLAT salary ( no ppv point than conor ), probably the first fighter to be higher paid than conor in a long time. But again, only if those numbers are true ...

- Cerrone got paid a lot compared to other conor's former opponents, in comparison alvarez got paid 500 k. Interesting ...
alvarez had PPV points

Dude. Both Khabib and Conor get PPV points but bet your fucking house that Conor’s rate is higher. He ain’t stopping even remotely close to $5m.

Of course. If Conor only made $5mil for this fight, it would be downright criminal how little the UFC was paying him.

Good to see that Cerrone will make a few million with sponsors etc... If anyone deserves it, it is him. He should retire. He has aged 10 years in the past 2.
I noticed that he was looking way older in a recent interview

Of course. If Conor only made $5mil for this fight, it would be downright criminal how little the UFC was paying him.
UFC are criminals at this point, giving CTE and robbing money

So it's Cowboy's biggest payday as he comes off two losses. He finally gets the McGregor fight which every UFC fighter from 45 to 70 is practically begging for, and he says this?

"My contract is good with the UFC anyway, but it’s not the money fight everyone thinks. It’s like, ‘Oh, you’re fighting Conor, you’re set for life.’ It doesn’t work like that. I did get a little bit more money, so that’s cool. But it’s not like I’m done and I can just retire after this and buy a yacht and see you guys in the Caribbean.”

Anyone else think this may not end up doing a huge number of Ppv buys? I mean it will be much bigger than the average ppv but maybe not blockbuster territory. I have a few reasons for thinking that:
1. I haven't heard Dana bragging about advance buys or that it's trending to be a huge ppv.
2. There has been little to no promotion. There will probably be a big blitz next week but I don't think this is the radar of too many casuals.
3. Weak card other than the main event and most think either Cerrone will take a dive or otherwise just be finished rather quickly.
4. The last time con-man fought agaisnt Khabib several local bars carried the ppv and charged between $10 and $20 bucks to get in. As far as I know none are doing that this time around. That's anecdotal evidence I know, but it's just something to add to the rest of my reasons.

Yep that is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you.

Sucks for the FIGHTERS for sure. No sponsors in the octagon, can't really bank on PPV points, and can't count on bonuses.

Match that up with a show and win pay structure and the FIGHTERS are really getting screwed.

I actually think it's better for the fighters. now they don't have to focus nearly as much on raising their PPV buys to get a decent cheque.

I actually think it's better for the fighters. now they don't have to focus nearly as much on raising their PPV buys to get a decent cheque.
Instead they now have to focus on shitty gimmicks to increase there pay.

I am having trouble picking a winner. I'll just have to wait until the fight happens

Wasnt Cowboy saying he wouldnt make crazy money tho? 2mill is crazy money, for UFC standards.
Khabib pocketed $6 million against Poirier... He did not only take his soul but his paychecks aswel
Could be, but the only ones claiming that number are his dad and his manager on a clear attempt to try to make Khabib look like a bigger draw than Conor, so i wouldnt take their word as undeniable truth.

Isn't 3 million kinda small compare to what he made in Floyd fight?

Basically Conor is fighting for peanuts now. Desperate confirmed. UFC Bless

this is why i never understood why he came back to MMA. he ain't never making that Floyd money again, why downgrade your pay check to fight guys like Khabib? must be the drugs clouding his judgement or he's blowing through the money like water down a drain.

Back