News King Con to receive record fight purse upon return, Red Panty Night for Cowboy regardless.

Lorenzo claimed Conor made base >10 million for the second Diaz Fight...

As it turns out, a fighter of McGregor’s status earns more than double of what his opponent Donald Cerrone, will be paid. The American is set to pocket just $2 millionView attachment 708095 View attachment 708097

giphy.gif

Isnt Cerrone rich as fuck?

Dunno why people seem to think he is desperately seeking for a paycheck. The man is propably set for life. Cant say the same for Conor considering his spending ways.

I wonder if WME are going to figure out that it’s gonna get too expensive paying one guy all this money.
A few years ago sure, when Conor was bringing all the eyes.

Now we’ve got a cokehead, rapist, elder abuser who has become a PR nightmare recently. Holds no belts and doesn’t have a win in years....Now I’m sure they change the narrative like that. But what happens when he doesn’t put out like he used to? He’s going to keep asking for more money setting unreasonable standards for your other employees. Ones gotta wonder how much longer is this worth it?
All of that doesn't really matter. People would still tune in if they didn't have to pay to pay to watch it.

The true issue is a paywall infront of paying for a ppv.

The money used to be made on PPV buys. I'm just not sure where the money is made now.

Isn't 3 million kinda small compare to what he made in Floyd fight?

Basically Conor is fighting for peanuts now. Desperate confirmed. UFC Bless

All of that doesn't really matter. People would still tune in if they didn't have to pay to pay to watch it.

The true issue is a paywall infront of paying for a ppv.

The money used to be made on PPV buys. I'm just not sure where the money is made now.
I’m sure somebody else here knows more than me, but from the articles I’ve read I think the UFC now gets a guaranteed amount of money per PPV. There is no longer any motivation to put on big shows and hope for huge PPV numbers. They get the average of PPV buys over the years and basically 500,000 PPV buy per event. Because of this, fighters can’t rightly get a cut of that.

“For starters, reports are that the UFC will move from a 50/50 PPV revenue split – that they worked under with DirecTV – to an averaged out deal that approximates the revenue of their last few PPV years, including 2016 their record setting PPV profit year. Additionally, according to reports from Dave Melter’s Wrestling Observer, the UFC will get a share of any profits above those estimates. If those reports are true, some quick-n-dirty math suggests the UFC will net something like what would have been around half a million buys per event.*”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...-ufc-ppv-espn-plus-deal-streaming-revenue-mma

I can't find a legitimate source for this.

It will be officially released by Nevada, but searching Google I only seem fringe sports blogs referencing these numbers.

Is anyone aware of a real published source?

I’m sure somebody else here knows more than me, but from the articles I’ve read I think the UFC now gets a guaranteed amount of money per PPV. There is no longer any motivation to put on big shows and hope for huge PPV numbers. They get the average of PPV buys over the years and basically 500,000 PPV buy per event. Because of this, fighters can’t rightly get a cut of that.

“For starters, reports are that the UFC will move from a 50/50 PPV revenue split – that they worked under with DirecTV – to an averaged out deal that approximates the revenue of their last few PPV years, including 2016 their record setting PPV profit year. Additionally, according to reports from Dave Melter’s Wrestling Observer, the UFC will get a share of any profits above those estimates. If those reports are true, some quick-n-dirty math suggests the UFC will net something like what would have been around half a million buys per event.*”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...-ufc-ppv-espn-plus-deal-streaming-revenue-mma
Yep that is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you.

Sucks for the FIGHTERS for sure. No sponsors in the octagon, can't really bank on PPV points, and can't count on bonuses.

Match that up with a show and win pay structure and the FIGHTERS are really getting screwed.

Khabib pocketed $6 million against Poirier... He did not only take his soul but his paychecks aswel

Wasn't the source for that Khabib's Dad? And it was quite vague.

That pay isn't coming out of true Dogger's pockets
AhgHtnP.png

Back