News King Con to receive record fight purse upon return, Red Panty Night for Cowboy regardless.

Yoel Stoolmero

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Former UFC Champ Champ Conor Mcgregor is regarded as one of the biggest names in the MMA circle. So, it should not be surprising when any matches involving him are instant money-grabbers. At his last UFC match in 2018, McGregor faced off and lost to The Eagle Khabib Nurmagomedov in UFC 229, via submission. That aside, Mcgregor pocketed around $3 million for the fight.

Hop back to 2020, The Irishman is out for redemption and Cowboy Donald Cerrone is the first man on his hit list. Money wise, UFC 246 dwarfs Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. It is believed that Mcgregor will bag an astonishing $5 million this time around.

As it turns out, a fighter of McGregor’s status earns more than double of what his opponent Donald Cerrone, will be paid. The American is set to pocket just $2 million, which pales in comparison to McGregor’s purse. This huge gulf does not come as a shock, given the Irish fighter’s past records and the money that he brings for the promotion.

But still, for Cowboy, this is his biggest fight earnings yet when compared to his previous highest payday which is at UFC Fight Night : Cejudo vs Dillashaw where he beat Alexander Hernandez and bagged $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $20,000 fight week incentive pay for a total of $450,000. One fight with Conor Mcgregor easily quadrupled this number and a little more as well.

UFC 246 is a win-win for both parties as Mcgregor will still get what he usually worth and it's no doubt a Red Panty Night for Cerrone. A win for either man will see their stock skyrocket after UFC 246.

$.gif PicsArt_01-11-12.54.03.png

I'm just happy that Donald will get big paycheck he deserves it.

ignorant.

No surprise with collective IQ of the public.

Who has ever argued that it isn't red panty night when you fight conor?

giphy.gif

Hopefully Cerrone gets a potn and a fotn bonus....however I have my doubts

I don't know why people even care about these sums. The real money is made with PPV points.

Khabib pocketed $6 million against Poirier... He did not only take his soul but his paychecks aswel

2 million ain't bad for one night's work. Plus all the training time and years of experience.

Back