Kindergarten teacher gets physical and grabs 6-year old's face

jackietreehorn8

fine
@Silver
Reaction score
[YT]vH46floJQRk[/YT]

She got a 10-day suspension (as of now anyway. it's starting to get widespread coverage so I'd bet they might punish her further).

Points of discussion...

Should she get more than a 10-day suspension for that? It's not like she really hurt the kid...but definitely seems to have crossed a line.

Should corporal punishment be allowed in public schools?

Is it too hard to fire public school teachers?

lol this is nothing. I remember many years ago as a child in a 3ed world country when I ran away from school and the teacher gave the whole class permission to chase after me and get me back in class. When I was brought back, the teacher gave be an ass whopping. I didnt tell my parents, because I know they would do the same if they found out what I did. Little bit of discipline aint gonna hurt anyone

In my day we got hit. This isnt that big a deal.

Yeah, it's weird. This video brings out an emotional side of people and most people's reaction is going to be "fuck that, fire her and she better not dare touch my kids!"

But at the same time, how often do we see or hear about some kid acting up or being disrespectful and respond with "what that kid needs is an ass-whooping!..."? A lot of people still subscribe to the idea that getting physical with kids gets results, or "straightens them out." A lot of the same people that will probably be up in arms about the video.

Here's what I'm saying...if we had video of whatever that kid did that led to that reaction by the teacher, but it ended before we ever saw the conclusion, then posted that part of the video here, I guarantee a lot of guys that hate what they see in the video posted would have responded with something along the lines of "that little pissant needs a kick in the ass, my dad/teacher would have kicked my ass if I ever acted like that back in the day!"

I need to know if the kid was being a **** or not.
While it was obviously extreme,
sometimes kids are horrible little dicks.
If the teach just mooshed the kid for no reason well then fire away.

It's better to learn to respect authority by being whooped by a teacher than shot by a cop.

my teacher back in 1987 used to pick me up by the sideburn when I was naughty. Such methods of punishment were normal

its amazing that today, if a teacher farts, its makes the news.

I didn't really see anything wrong until she grabbed his shirt. That was a little too far. Physical discipline has it's place, but it also has limits.

Maybe I'm biased because I have 2, 7 year olds, but I'd be pissed if a teacher did that to one of my kids. It's the parents duty to determine punishment, not some random teacher. Even then I would never slam one of my kids up against a wall or smash their face with my hand. I've spanked my kids and it has worked well, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let another person lay hands on them.

EDIT: actually, she didn't slam him and just placed him up against the wall, which is fine, but then she gripped him up by his shirt / neck. That is where I would have a problem.

My kindergarten teacher did the same thing to me. Fuckin bitch spawned my hatred of authority.

Maybe I'm biased because I have 2, 7 year olds, but I'd be pissed if a teacher did that to one of my kids. It's the parents duty to determine punishment, not some random teacher. Even then I would never slam one of my kids up against a wall or smash their face with my hand. I've spanked my kids and it has worked well, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let another person lay hands on them.

EDIT: actually, she didn't slam him and just placed him up against the wall, which is fine, but then she gripped him up by his shirt / neck. That is where I would have a problem.

I feel the same way. Having kids of your own completely changes your perspective on stuff like this. Then I have to remind myself that that is nothing, aside from grabbing him by the front of the shirt, that I haven't done to my own son. It's hard at times to get little kids to listen to you, and physical redirection is a good way to do it. She crossed the line though at the end between redirection and losing her cool.

i wouldn't take that shit if i was that kid.

when i was in kindergarten the teacher called me outside cause I guess I was getting in trouble or something, I don't remember. Anyways it was blazing hot outside and the door was metal, she pushed my back against the hot as shit door and it it burned me.

I never forgot that but I did get her back. I'm nost sure if it was the same day as that happened or if it was later but one day we were eating lunch and I see her walking with her tray of food. As soon as she got behind me I scooted my seat back like i was getting up but made sure the chair ran into her making her drop her food.

Hmmm...6 might be abit young. I could totally sympathise with the teacher if the kid was 10+ and being a little turd.

If that fat bitch grabbed my kid like that she would be wiping her ass with a cast for the next couple of weeks.

Back