Kinda sad nobody is talking about DJ

people keep saying this, and it's such fucking bullshit.

mccall, benavidez, dodson, moraga, horiguchi, cejudo were all top dogs when he beat them, and he beat them all in dominant fashion.

every single dominant champion who has cleaned out their division was forced to fight some lesser opponents, simply because they'd already beaten everyone else. GSP fought hardy and diaz, anderson fought lutter, leites, cote... but DJ throws ray borg in the air and armbars him while he's falling down and people say he never fought anyone.

it's one thing to say you aren't a fan of the guy, and it's completely fair. but to insinuate his opponents weren't skilled is fucking ignorant. the division had plenty of awesome fighters, johnson was just a lot better than them.

I agree. I’m still a fan. He’ll beat Cejudo on a rematch.

Even in defeat, the guy has the most boring personality of all time.
He literally said in the post-fight conference, "I wanna go home play video games".

He had all the chance to make something of this defeat, I don't know, say that now you have no reason to stay at 125, go after TJ, or talk shit about Cejudo and setup the rematch, but noooooo...

I wanna go home play videogames.
That's what I like about him he keeps it real

people keep saying this, and it's such fucking bullshit.

mccall, benavidez, dodson, moraga, horiguchi, cejudo were all top dogs when he beat them, and he beat them all in dominant fashion.

every single dominant champion who has cleaned out their division was forced to fight some lesser opponents, simply because they'd already beaten everyone else. GSP fought hardy and diaz, anderson fought lutter, leites, cote... but DJ throws ray borg in the air and armbars him while he's falling down and people say he never fought anyone.

it's one thing to say you aren't a fan of the guy, and it's completely fair. but to insinuate his opponents weren't skilled is fucking ignorant. the division had plenty of awesome fighters, johnson was just a lot better than them.

Mighty Mouse will now be replaced by Conor as the #1 p4p fighter

Far from the first time a fighter was awarded rounds for taking the other guy down and laying on him. You shouldn't have been surprised. At all.

Except he didnt even do that...he did that for 1 min 40 of 1 round...

His win streak got snapped after a total of 11 defences. He had been at the top of p4p for so long. When Fedor lost to werdum, the site crashed. When Cain lost, same thing. Aldo. Renan. The list goes on.
Sadly nobody is talking about DJ much. It might have to do with the fact it was competitive but still, sorta sad. Even after 11 defences, people just don't care about him much, even the hardcores.
Ya honestly he’s a likeable personality, but when he dicktucked and refused to fight TJ, I completely lost interest in him and his lame rematches of his shallow ass division.

What was last night? MM vs Dodson 3, or was it MM vs Benavidez 4... or the McCall trilogy... or that other Mexican guy rematch??

I mean seriously, the guy had a chance to be relevant, accept another champions challenge and actually get me interested. And what did he do? He recycled the same 3 challengers for 4 years straight, then when the opportunity came for a fresh now challenge, he turned it down and fought some dude named Ray Borg just to claim some meaningless numerical title defense record.

So ya, fuck DJ, no one gives a shit.

Far from the first time a fighter was awarded rounds for taking the other guy down and laying on him. You shouldn't have been surprised. At all.

Except he didnt even do that...he did that for 1 min 40 of 1 round...

He ducked TJ in his own weight, I lost all respect for him

I've never seen a fighter so content with the status quo, and not challenging themselves. And he was so arrogant about it. So glad fighters don't get to call him the GOAT anymore. DC was reffering to it all night. DJ said he doesn't want to talk about money fights anymore. Well, you got your DJ. Ni mire money fight talk for you.

I was mad at the decision. 48-47 MM. I knew he was going to get screwed though. Cejudo had a good performance, but he didn't do enough to win the belt.

I care and I think he deserves a rematch it was a great fight

You suck. Anyone that talks like that about somebody like MM must suck big time. GTFO loser...go back to your MacDonalds job. You should be ashamed of talking shit about people that has accomplished what you cant even dream of.

I was mad at the decision. 48-47 MM. I knew he was going to get screwed though. Cejudo had a good performance, but he didn't do enough to win the belt.

This should illustrate the lack of interest for Mighty Mouse. Rogan can tout him as the most complete fighter or whatever adjective he wants to use to try to hype him but there is no interest in watching him or that weight class fight. If anything hardcore fans probably breathed a sigh of relief.

You suck. Anyone that talks like that about somebody like MM must suck big time. GTFO loser...go back to your MacDonalds job. You should be ashamed of talking shit about people that has accomplished what you cant even dream of.
Yo why are you quoting me?

This should illustrate the lack of interest for Mighty Mouse. Rogan can tout him as the most complete fighter or whatever adjective he wants to use to try to hype him but there is no interest in watching him or that weight class fight. If anything hardcore fans probably breathed a sigh of relief.

I'm pretty surprised at how strong the hate for the dude is. I get not finding the smaller guys exciting but Cejudo isn't going to me more exciting or anything, he has ONE finish in his last 11.

The UFC pushed MM as the number one pound for pound when a prime Aldo and Jon Jones were still champs. It was a pure marketing strategy to help sell DJ. Most mma media jumped onto this bandwagon immediately. DJ may have moved closer to this status as he continued to win(while Aldo lost, and Jones self destructed.) Guys like Rogan always pushed that DJ was technically perfect, but that isn't what I saw. DJ used speed to cover up technical faults - stance switching for the sake of stance switching while in front of opponents, moving straight backwards when being attacked...etc. DJ was a very good all-rounder. A safety first outside fighter with strong takedowns and subs. Combine that with a ton of speed and you have something. If DJ was getting dinged up in standup, he could switch it to a heavy grappling style. DJ wasn't going to outwrestle Cejudo, and Henry cleared up the defensive holes in his clinch game, taking away many of DJ's tools. He made DJ look very similar to Bendo.

This is the most he's ever been talked about lol oh the irony. Only time people care about you is when you lose cause they're happy you're gone. Lol

Im still a fan. I like his attitude and approach to things.

Even in defeat, the guy has the most boring personality of all time.
He literally said in the post-fight conference, "I wanna go home play video games".

He had all the chance to make something of this defeat, I don't know, say that now you have no reason to stay at 125, go after TJ, or even talk shit about Cejudo and set up a rematch, but nothing.

I wanna go home play video games...
literally coulda hail mary'd it and said some whitty heel shit about losing his passion for flw after cleaning out the division multiple times. Already murked cejudo not having to edge out a 5 round split decision for the belt. Hes done with these midget flyweights and ready to give fights the people wanna see, whether its tj or whatever scrub they put infront of him.

Would atleast bring some attention and setup a possible fight with tj in the future.

His win streak got snapped after a total of 11 defences. He had been at the top of p4p for so long. When Fedor lost to werdum, the site crashed. When Cain lost, same thing. Aldo. Renan. The list goes on.
Sadly nobody is talking about DJ much. It might have to do with the fact it was competitive but still, sorta sad. Even after 11 defences, people just don't care about him much, even the hardcores.
True, but there is something about MM that is just blaaaaah. Respect his ability 100%, but idk what it is, I just don't like him lol. I honestly believe Cejudo is going to breathe life back into the division

There are 5 threads on the front page about DJ...

Literally never heard of the guy til last night.
giphy.gif

Back