Kinda sad nobody is talking about DJ

he only ever fought cans and ducked his one chance at a mega fight. seems like a good dude but hard to be a huge fan tbh.

Also, I understand why people don't care, I don't care much either. Just found it a little lol and sad for DJ. 6 years title reign and not many fucks given.

Those saying he fought low level guys are kinda off base. These are the best guys in the division. It's not like he avoided anyone. It's unfortunate he's so much better than everyone, but it is just that

Far from the first time a fighter was awarded rounds for taking the other guy down and laying on him. You shouldn't have been surprised. At all.

Except he didnt even do that...he did that for 1 min 40 of 1 round... I could understand that..

Far from the first time a fighter was awarded rounds for taking the other guy down and laying on him. You shouldn't have been surprised. At all.

Except he didnt even do that...he did that for 1 min 40 of 1 round... I could understand that..

Those saying he fought low level guys are kinda off base. These are the best guys in the division. It's not like he avoided anyone. It's unfortunate he's so much better than everyone, but it is just that

I have never been one to use terms like "manlet" and "midget" but DJ is 5'3" and sorry to say, a lot of the disinterest in this remarkably talented fighter is related to the size. My own personal threshold for interest used to be Welterweight or higher. Only in last few years have I developed an appreciation for lower weight divisions. But NOT flyweight. I can deal on Bantam but it is just hard for me to work up an interest in Fly.

a lot of this goes back to an old Confucius proverb: "Impossible to nuthug small man. Not enough clearance from nut to floor"

Hes an elite fighter and the all time great small guy, I think I'm just disappointed he showed no urgency in the fight and was very passive when he lost. I was going for Cejudo but MM looked bored during the fight and even in defeat, maybe the loss will bring a hunger back who knows.

Except he didnt even do that...he did that for 1 min 40 of 1 round...

TD's and top control got Henry the win in the minds of two judges. On what other possible basis would he have been awarded those rounds? It is what it is. Accept reality.

TD's and top control got Henry the win in the minds of two judges. On what other possible basis would he have been awarded those rounds? It is what it is. Accept reality.

What top control is my point lmao..he only had good control in the 2nd round..the rest dj adjusted and got back up.. I accept reality and the reality of it ..is its wrong and utter bullshit

What top control is my point lmao..he only had good control in the 2nd round..the rest dj adjusted and got back up.. I accept reality and the reality of it ..is its wrong anf u

Even in defeat, the guy has the most boring personality of all time.
He literally said in the post-fight conference, "I wanna go home play video games".

He had all the chance to make something of this defeat, I don't know, say that now you have no reason to stay at 125, go after TJ, or even talk shit about Cejudo and set up a rematch, but nothing.

I wanna go home play video games...

That makes no sense whatsoever. You don't have someone lose a title and then move up to fight for that belt. DJ also don't have the verbal skills to attract the WWE fans that want smack talk.

He was tiny and getting manhandled at 135 and there isn’t a ton of talent at 125 lbs, so either way he is fucked.

He keeps winning, people say it’s because his division sucks, which isn’t his fault.

People say his personality is boring. Are you watch ufc for sound bytes or you watching the actual fights? Hearing people say he is boring sounds like wwe fan talk to me.

He moves up and loses, people say it’s because he was never really good anyways, ignoring the fact that he was dwarfed by Cruz last time he was at 135. A skilled big guy will always beat a skilled little guy.

Losing to Cruz across the board is nothing to scoff at either. We are talking about a guy who beat TJ by decision after a two year layoff.

DJ gets discriminated because of his size a lot. You here people on here all the time talk about being able to kick his ass, guys that are 200 lbs probably.

I think DJ should spar some bigger basement dwellers and put out the footage, and maybe attempt to get it wrapped around these peoples minds how good the fighters really are.

Who?

He was barely newsworthy while champion.
He certainly won't be now.
And the best way to be “newsworthy” in this sport is to behave like an idiot.

You guys need to stop listening to Rogan and his hype bullshit. He has the need to say something is the greatest he’s ever seen after every fight he witnesses.

Whether it is the greatest fight, greatest punching power, greatest athlete, greatest human being or greatest is p4p.

What did he say after the TJ fight? That he is the greatest Bantamweight ever. Wtf? Why can’t he just wait for him to fight Dominic again before making such a bold statement?

Same thing with DJ, no one believed him when he said he was the best p4p ever when there are names like Fedor, GSP, Anderson, etc. But he keeps saying it and loves to push his dumbass beliefs into people. Nobody who has been watching MMA for a long time agreed with him

On top of p4p lol he fought NOBODY

They are tiny men he ruled over a weak division

Insane to compare him to fedor who destroyed legend after legend in the most dangerous division where one shot is most likely to put you out

Half of Fedor's wins were against Japanese fighters and Light Heavyweights.

Let's not get too carried away now.

Insane to compare him to fedor who destroyed legend after legend in the most dangerous division where one shot is most likely to put you out

I have a lot of respect for DJ's accomplishments.

But the fact that he never went up in weight turned me against him a bit. Also the way rogan and some others just fall over themselves praising him not acknowledging that he's choosing easy competition.

But even so he deserves a lot of respect, more than he's getting right now.

And the other half were against the best fighters on the planet ....

No one was talking about him when he was winning, why would things change?

Nobody cared about DJ. Why should anybody care now?

You guys need to stop listening to Rogan and his hype bullshit. He has the need to say something is the greatest he’s ever seen after every fight he witnesses.

Whether it is the greatest fight, greatest punching power, greatest athlete, greatest human being or greatest is p4p.

What did he say after the TJ fight? That he is the greatest Bantamweight ever. Wtf? Why can’t he just wait for him to fight Dominic again before making such a bold statement?

Same thing with DJ, no one believed him when he said he was the best p4p ever when there are names like Fedor, GSP, Anderson, etc. But he keeps saying it and loves to push his dumbass beliefs into people. Nobody who has been watching MMA for a long time agreed with him

His win streak got snapped after a total of 11 defences. He had been at the top of p4p for so long. When Fedor lost to werdum, the site crashed. When Cain lost, same thing. Aldo. Renan. The list goes on.
Sadly nobody is talking about DJ much. It might have to do with the fact it was competitive but still, sorta sad. Even after 11 defences, people just don't care about him much, even the hardcores.
FIVE direct threads on the 1st page.

What is kinda sad is Johnson didn't hire a sports therapist to get over his fears, or a psychiatrist to deal with his personality issues which kept him from becoming very popular. He had years to fix these problems and enough money for the investment.

DMMJ has never been in a boring fight - I'll always tune in while he stays in the sport.

My #1 favorite fighter of all time.

What is kinda sad is Johnson didn't hire a sports therapist to get over his fears, or a psychiatrist to deal with his personality issues which kept him from becoming very popular. He had years to fix these problems and enough money for the investment.

Who?

He was barely newsworthy while champion.
He certainly won't be now.

It was a close fight. I thought MM won. If he doesn’t get an automatic rematch, that’d be bullshit. If Cejudo vacates the title, we’ll have to listen to the haters cluck about DJ not being the true champ.

hey it's something new, i like cejudo. told you guys he might surprise us.

and he's not fucking around either, i know a " super fight " with him and TJ doesn't hold as much weight as MM/TJ would have since MM had all the defenses, but at least cejudo isn't playing games and straight up wants the fight.

He had his chance to fight TJ dillashaw who has starpower but he didn't. Still he did beat Dodson who is very impressive but lacks the same stardom as TJ.

I am sure there are hand full of fighters that can beat Conor besides nate but they are not super stars.

I was pretty mad at the decision. I knew he was going to get screwed over though. Cejudo had a good performance, but he didn't do enough to win the belt.

DMMJ has never been in a boring fight - I'll always tune in while he stays in the sport.

My #1 favorite fighter of all time.

To be fair, I have enjoyed all of the fights i have seen him in

Ive been going off since the fight..absolutly insulting was that decison..what a horrible way to end such a great title reign

I was mad at the decision. 48-47 MM. I knew he was going to get screwed though. Cejudo had a good performance, but he didn't do enough to win the belt.

I was mad at the decision. 48-47 MM. I knew he was going to get screwed though. Cejudo had a good performance, but he didn't do enough to win the belt.

It was a close fight. I thought MM won. If he doesn’t get an automatic rematch, that’d be bullshit. If Cejudo vacates the title, we’ll have to listen to the haters cluck about DJ not being the true champ.

The only reason anybody ever watched his fights in the first place was to witness what a 125lb grown man looks like.

Back