Kinda sad nobody is talking about DJ

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
His win streak got snapped after a total of 11 defences. He had been at the top of p4p for so long. When Fedor lost to werdum, the site crashed. When Cain lost, same thing. Aldo. Renan. The list goes on.
Sadly nobody is talking about DJ much. It might have to do with the fact it was competitive but still, sorta sad. Even after 11 defences, people just don't care about him much, even the hardcores.

I do care, and feel a bit sad this morning. But it was a competitive fight, nobody got " robbed ". Imo I felt Cejudo didn't do enough to take his belt, thats for sure. At the same time DJ losing doesn't erase what he accomplished in his career. Cejudo winning against DJ doesn't make him the better fighter.

Well he didn't care too much about fans outside figthing, so fans don't care too much about him.

Well he didn't care too much about fans outside figthing, so fans don't care too much about him.

I think everyone was just glad to see him "lose". I thought DJ did enough to win but I'm not mad at the decision although I think a bit of politics went into it.

Those leg kicks from DJ were nice but he didn't do much else... that's why I think he lost. Cejudo's striking looked equal to DJ and the thing that made him stand out was his wrestling. That's why he won. Barely. The stats may not say that he was more aggressive but he just looked more aggressive...

It doesn’t matter who’s wearing the strap, people just don’t care about 125. I don’t expect Cejudo to succeed where mouse failed in making the division marketable. I reckon we’ll see 125 scuttled in the near future.

He decided it was ok to duck tj and give false promises for over a year now. Upsetting the fans, he also ended up taking a fight with borg then a rematch with cejudo to follow. Tj was coming down to 125 as well, DJ wasnt going to move up no way, and still he didnt accept the fight. Hell yea ppl wanted to see him lose

Those leg kicks from DJ were nice but he didn't do much else... that's why I think he lost. Cejudo's striking looked equal to DJ and the thing that made him stand out was his wrestling. That's why he won. DJ is just kind of boring to watch and so small... on top of that his personality isn't the best.
^in terms of entertaining.

Nobody cares because he never did anything great, except crush cans to boost some artificial record that nobody's going to care about in 20 years.
.....with that being said, I thought Johnson had won the fight, I'm surprised it was a split even.

You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

People just don't care about the ultra-smalls.

He was an annoying champion who ducked real competition while holding himself on the level of champions who fought real killers.

There you go. I talked about him.

You watch DJ benefit from this financially. I'm thinking this rematch will get a bigger UFC marketing push than any previous DJ fight. They'll play up the shit out of Cejudo's gold medal / Olympic pedigree vs the vengeful greatest fighter ever. The result will be dj's biggest selling PPV ever. I'm already looking forward to more that any DJ fight in years.

DJ is un marketable the UFC is happy to see the back of him more so when he wouldn't take fights.

MMA fans are like WWE fans, they want drama, trash talk, and entertainment.

I care, and I'd love to argue with every loon shit-talking him, but sometimes you just have to let the yo-yos wind themselves out. Humble, skilled, consistent champion.

Whats up with people double, triple, quadruple posting today??

Back