Kimura Thumbs or no thumbs??

when you sieze the wrist i like go use my thumb grip because i give their arm a twist if possible. if you twist his arm it hurts more and he cant straighten it at all. this works with the kimura and is more popular with americanas. more damage and control, so i prefer this when possible but really strong guys make it more difficult and ironically they're the ones you get the biggest benifit from twisting the wrist. it rmeoves their strength.

you can even wristlock the wrist by bending it if you use your thumb.

if you cant get the twist, then dont use thumbs, the monkey grip (olympic grip) is stronger and you wont injure your thumbs if they spazz.

Please do not be giving away grappling secrets like the wrist twist. It is not for newbie consumption. They are still trying to figure out how to put the arm between the legs for an armbar.

Next thing I know you will be giving away tips like that saying it makes an Americana more effective. Please do not do this.

Thank you.

There is "proper" way to perform each technique.

When Helio and Rorion came to the new world, Helio Told all his little children Gracies "You must not teach the capitalists dogs the perfect technique. Everytime you teach, teach them one small error, and we will always remain above them."

I always use the thumb. I like to have a secure grip on his arm. Incase I switch to go for the straight armbar or some other move.

Man I would love to learn more of these Gracie Family Secrets and other grappling secrets. It would really go well with my ninjutsu training (but I was actually sworn to secrecy never to reveal that I got that training, so please just forget I said that part).

Back